BVC X1, a high end Windows Phone, and it's waterproof!

Lauen

coshipphone-bvc-x1.jpg

Source

A guy on Twitter linked me this when I tweeted that there were no good waterproof windows phones (bit of a coincidence it was launched on the same day) 

And it looks pretty damn nice! 

It's a 5.5" display, you can apparently choose between an HD (I assume this is 1280x720) and a full HD (1920x1080) display! It's got Gorilla glass on the screen but the article doesn't mention which generation..

It comes with a Qualcomm Cortex 64 bit, quad core at 1.2 GHz, it doesn't mention the model number or anything. 

2 GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage, and a microSD slot with support for up to 32 GB (slightly disappointing, 128 gb would be sick imo).

13 MP Sony camera, 5 MP selfie. There's even a heart rate monitor in it. 4G and all that jazz, but no word on which category it is. and last, a nice 2600 mah battery! 

It's pretty slim too.

bvc-x1-windows-phone-1.jpg

Price has not been released, but it's supposed to come to EU, Asia and the US! Looks like if Linus wants to review it he'd have to get it from the US then, even though he doesn't really like Windows Phone. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Only problem is, last I heard, the windows phone app store was a mess.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Only problem is, last I heard, the windows phone app store was a mess.

Well, not so much, it actually has you covered for the most part. Last time I was on WP was 5 months ago and it was solid back then, some apps lacked quality but nothing too serious. I'm thinking of heading back to WP once more.

I've been hearing from friends that Windows Phone isn't all that terrible these days. I like Android but when I get a new phone I'm considering getting either an iPhone or a Windows phone (Most likely iPhone ATM, since they have high internal capacity)

That's good news, especially if it's decently priced. I like windows phone 8.1, it's got nearly all the apps I need (snapchat is the only one missing) and it runs smoothly even on my 2+ year old HTC 8S when running the Dev preview. If it wasn't for the raw customisability of android then I'd get another windows phone for my next device.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

That's good news, especially if it's decently priced. I like windows phone 8.1, it's got nearly all the apps I need (snapchat is the only one missing) and it runs smoothly even on my 2+ year old HTC 8S when running the Dev preview. If it wasn't for the raw customisability of android then I'd get another windows phone for my next device.

I went back to Android, I already deeply regret it. If you are going back either go high end or you will seriously regret it. I can't even scroll text msgs without some lag/tearing from time to time. And everything ran so butter smooth on my L920.

I went back to Android, I already deeply regret it. If you are going back either go high end or you will seriously regret it. I can't even scroll text msgs without some lag/tearing from time to time. And everything ran so butter smooth on my L920.

I'm planning on getting the htc one m9. I've had low end android phones before and I don't want to have a repeat experience. The good thing about windows phone is how well it runs on lower powered devices I've found.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

How is that high end? The camera sensor is probably mid range and the SoC sounds like it will be the Snapdragon 610 (quad core A53, 28nm LP, Adreno 405).

This seems like a mid-range phone.

How is that high end? The camera sensor is probably mid range and the SoC sounds like it will be the Snapdragon 610 (quad core A53, 28nm LP, Adreno 405).

I'm not entirely up to date on phone hardware but it's just what the article said 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Well, it's relatively high end. It's no benchmark crusher, but it's way more than enough to run WP smoothly for a long time. It doesn't hang and lag nearly as much as Android.

Also there just hasn't been any windows phone thats not budget for such a long time, the line's are blurred. And it looks like a high quality phone

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it