Bridging modem/router to router

So this is the router I have: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127215

I got a new modem/router from xfinity: arris tg862

I'm trying to port forward to get my Minecraft server back up but I'm having trouble.

Bridging should help but I have no idea how to do so.

How do I bridge my router and modem? Is there an easier way to get my server up?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I don't know if this is how it works with all modems, but I went into my modem's settings and clicked "WAN" and changed it to Bridge mode. 

Then after a few seconds, it was in bridge mode and my router was handling everything.

Easy as that. Hopefully yours is similar.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I don't know if this is how it works with all modems, but I went into my modem's settings and clicked "WAN" and changed it to Bridge mode. 

Then after a few seconds, it was in bridge mode and my router was handling everything.

The thing is I can't find anything labeled WAN.

This is what I have to work with:

465b769d86997e9b4e4fe8d143228974.png

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Is it not in the advanced tab?

Can't find it: 

5a2cbcd5ded04b9d80867a4db4432ad3.png

Can't find it: 

5a2cbcd5ded04b9d80867a4db4432ad3.png

From a forum, "Once you get logged in, go to the LAN Setup tab and change the NAT setting to Bridged."

Apparently you have to hard reset the Arris to reset the password, then use the default password and do what the quote says. That will "enable the advanced features." which ... is silly.

Here's the manual for the Arris.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

From a forum, "Once you get logged in, go to the LAN Setup tab and change the NAT setting to Bridged."

Apparently you have to hard reset the Arris to reset the password, then use the default password and do what the quote says. That will "enable the advanced features." which ... is silly.

Here's the manual for the Arris.

I cannot find the NAT setting.

I cannot find the NAT setting.

Sorry about the late response.

One thing I know is that some ISP's put custom firmware onto the routers that they give out. 

You'd likely have to flash the firmware on the router with the default kind that comes with store bought versions.

The problem is that once you do that, it may not let you on the internet as your ISP won't be able to connect to it anymore. 

† Christian Member †

Sorry about the late response.

One thing I know is that some ISP's put custom firmware onto the routers that they give out. 

You'd likely have to flash the firmware on the router with the default kind that comes with store bought versions.

The problem is that once you do that, it may not let you on the internet as your ISP won't be able to connect to it anymore. 

Well damn. Is it hopeless?

Well damn. Is it hopeless?

If it's true that is custom firmware, I'd say yes. 

Have you tried calling them and asking them how/if you can do it?

† Christian Member †

If it's true that is custom firmware, I'd say yes. 

Have you tried calling them and asking them how/if you can do it?

That's probably my last resort. I've looked around and read the only actual way to do it may to be get an employee over to my place to do it manually and I don't want to have to pay fees.

That's probably my last resort. I've looked around and read the only actual way to do it may to be get an employee over to my place to do it manually and I don't want to have to pay fees.

I believe you pay for stuff like maintenance and customer support by paying your bill every month. :|

Also, usually they can tell you how to do it over the phone.

† Christian Member †

If you do this is it secure?

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO