Need help with choosing headphones :)

DavidH

Greetings from belgium :)

I want to buy some good quality headphones to use with a xonar essence stx soundcard.

Currently im using a razer megalodon set but they are really bad, especially for listening to music.

I'm not an audiophile but i want to upgrade to some good hi-fi headphones.

i'm willing to spend around € 350 for the headphones.

I listen Most of the time to House music so some bass would be nice :)

sennheiser HD 650

Velodyne vTrue

Sony MDR-XB1000

Beats Pro

hopefully someone can help me choose the right set cause the selection is overwhelming

Thanks in advance

well you cant go wrong with sennheiser, i had the xb1000 very nice sounding headphones, i don't have experience with the velodyne but for the love of all things good in this world don't get the beats pro, true story a kitten dies every time someone buys beats headphones, I'm just joking beats are okay, but you can get 10 times the quality from over brands, personally i would go for the sennheisers,

[THE TITAN]

CASECorsair C70 (BLACK+RED Leds) | CPU:  i7 3930k | CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i | MOTHERBOARDASUS Rampage IV Formula | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB | SSD: SAMSUNG 840PRO (512GB) | 

HDD: Western Digital Black (2TB)+(2TB) GPUGTX TITAN X2 IN SLI | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | SOUND CARD: Xonar Phoebus | MONITORS: ASUS PB278Q X3 IN NVIDIA Surround |

ultrasone pro900

vmoda m100

ath-ws99 or ws77

dt770 

mdr x10

I have the dt770 it extends into sub bass nicely but it hinges soooo closely to becoming a bit muddy. it is a great all rounder and would probably be great for movies. I also have the bottom end of the ath ws series the ws55 and the cheap $50 ws headphone absolutely eclipses the ath m50 in all aspects of sound. and I only have the greatest of expectations for its elder brothers the ws77 and ws99. great soundstage in a closed headphone punchy solid bass that doesn't bleed into the mids at all. 

the m100 is built solid like a tank and looks badass. I worry that it sacrifices the mids though. 

hifiguy528 likes the mdrx10. however most of the sony basshead lineup over exaggerates bass and blows out the mids but if bass is all you care for then the sony's are the ones to pick

Thomann.de will probably give you a good headphone at a good price if they ship to you. The Shure SRH1440 looks pretty good for that sort of money, may not be the perfect match for the STX but should work reasonably well.

Headset

My first choice was the sennheiser HD 650's , but most recommend to buy an external dac to power them correctly.

Do they deliver decent volume and bass ? then maybe ill buy a dac if it makes alot of difference.

The Vmoda m100 and Velodyne vTrue Both look awesome but i dont wanna buy them just cause they look great. They both have 50mm drivers but again i dont know what difference it makes except for greater volume i guess ?..

I made my choice. Gonna buy the audio Technica ATH-A900X headphones.

Only problem is cant find them in belgium.

I want to order them from Thomann.de, they seem legit but has anyone have some experience with thomann ?

would hate it if i pay € 350 for some fake headphones...

I want to order them from Thomann.de, they seem legit but has anyone have some experience with thomann ?

would hate it if i pay € 350 for some fake headphones...

I haven't bought from them personally but they seem pretty good. They offer a huge range of stuff that no-one has ever faked and they go all the way up to the top of the market i.e. $1,500+ headphones and so on, i don't think they would risk anything like that.

Headset