Gtx 970 Memory Clock problems Totaly lost.

PeterPolis
Go to solution Solved by DildorTheDecent,

CPU-Z > giving wrong info.

Do 1753MHz * 4 to get the effective rate

OR

Do 3004MHz * 2 to get the effective rate. 

Remember to hit 'Apply' 

Do please only use one tool at a time. Preferably MSI Afterburner. 

So i was going to overclock my asus gtx970 strix and i ran into some problems with the Memory clock. The first thing is on the GPU Tweak program the memory clock is sett to 7010mhz but if you look at the realtime charts its at 6010mhz 1000mhz to low and it doesnt go up under load either. So i checked other programs like Msi afterburner and cpu-Z and they said 3004 mhz wich is half of what Gpu tweak shows. then i looked at Gpu-z and it said 1753mhz. So i am totally lost here and i am new to overclocking. Sorry for bad english.

post-194817-0-61204700-1425678993_thumb.

Wait, you have Afterburner and GPU Tweak on at the same time?

When you set it to 7000Mhz, it will only go that high if it needs to. That core clock by the way should be able to go much higher. At least 1450 Mhz. Also you can crank up that power target. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

OR

Remember to hit 'Apply' 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

No i dont just in the screen shot the numbers didnt change when i started all programs at the same time

No i dont just in the screen shot the numbers didnt change when i started all programs at the same time

Ok, that memory clock is fine. Try setting the power target to 110 and then the core clock higher. Most 970 should do coreclock @1500Mhz with ease. What are you using to test the overclock?

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

OR

Remember to hit 'Apply' 

ok that explains it thanks and no i didnt use all programs at the same time just had all together for the screenshot xD

Ok, that memory clock is fine. Try setting the power target to 110 and then the core clock higher. Most 970 should do coreclock @1500Mhz with ease. What are you using to test the overclocok 

Ok i am going to test that. I am Using Heaven Benchmark do you have any others to recommend? thanks for the help :)

Ok i am going to test that. I am Using Heaven Benchmark do you have any others to recommend? thanks for the help :)

Heaven is great. Valley is nice too, it seems to put alot more stress on the gpu. What is your score so far?

Heaven is great. Valley is nice too, it seems to put alot more stress on the gpu. What is your score so far?

curren score is 73 fps

Settings.

DirectX11

Quality: Ultra

Tessellation: Extreme

stereo 3d: disabled

anti aliasing: x2 

and fullscreen on

curren score is 73 fps

Settings.

DirectX11

Quality: Ultra

Tessellation: Extreme

stereo 3d: disabled

anti aliasing: x2 

and fullscreen on

Why no x8? Is that a stock speeds or did you already turn the core clock up?

Why no x8? Is that a stock speeds or did you already turn the core clock up?

I ran x2 because i watched a tutorial with this specific settings and i have already done like 3 benchmarks so i would have to redo them but do you recommend to run it in x8 and redo the benchmarks? And that was the stock speeds

I ran x2 because i watched a tutorial with this specific settings and i have already done like 3 benchmarks so i would have to redo them but do you recommend to run it in x8 and redo the benchmarks? And that was the stock speeds

No, x2 x4 or x8 doesn't matter. any luck ocing yet?

No, x2 x4 or x8 doesn't matter. any luck ocing yet?

yes increased a little of the core and power target to 110 and got from 73.4 to 74.8 not to much but it was a small core increase

yes increased a little of the core and power target to 110 and got from 73.4 to 74.8 not to much but it was a small core increase

What was the core clock? My 970 did 1548Mhz with the power target at 115%.

What was the core clock? My 970 did 1548Mhz with the power target at 115%.

I cant remember just increased to 1390MHz :P 

I cant remember just increased to 1390MHz :P

You can do better. ;)  Just don't set it to 1600Mhz, that will probably not work. Also, increasing the CoreClock wound't damage anything. 

When Heaven crashed or your PC powers off, don't worry. That is just a sign the PC was to high. You should be able to CTRL+ALT+DEL and end Heaven if it crashes. 

You can do better. ;)  Just don't set it to 1600Mhz, that will probably not work. Also, increasing the CoreClock wound't damage anything. 

I am going for around 1500Mhz Should i increase the Voltage?

I am going for around 1500Mhz Should i increase the Voltage?

No. There is no need and I would not recommend that at all. You can turn up the PowerTarget, but don't mess with the voltage. If you get into watercooling, then you can mess with the voltage, but not on air. 

No. There is no need and I would not recommend that at all. You can turn up the PowerTarget, but don't mess with the voltage. 

Okey thanks for the help and fast answers :)

Okey thanks for the help and fast answers :)

No problem. If you have anymore, just keep them coming.

I am gone go to bed now. good n8. 

No problem. If you have anymore, just keep them coming.

I am gone go to bed now. good n8. 

Good night :)