want a thing to controll my pc when watching neflix on tv

blindsighted26

not sure if this is the right place to ask questions but just got told off for posting a question in the wrong area sorry if this is wrong but I just would like some advice ( friendly advice not getting told off, I though this was a friendly forum ) I don't want a remote like thing needs to be mouse like sort of thing I have a wireless mouse but dose not have the range I need hope someone could suggest something if not thanks for looking

kind regards

blindsighted

CPU 5820K @ 4.5Ghz 1.295V,Motherboard Asus X99-S, RAM 16Gb TeamGroup Elite GPU Msi Gtx 780, Case Fractal Design Define R5 , Storage Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 , Samsung 840evo 250Gb, Wd Green 1TB, PSU EVGA 850w G2 ,Cooling Fully Custom Water Cooling Loop Sound Stealseries Wireless H

Get a better wireless mouse?

I'm an 18 year old Tech Lover and YouTuber from South England. Subscribe here - *Link removed* :D

@blindsighted26 this is of course a friendly forum ^^

...the right place for your question would be 'Computer Hardware -> Peripherals' ...

i control my rigs from a distance with remote, wireless keyboards & mice...you should really try out a small form factor wireless keyboard with mousestick...with this option you are able to switch / tab into other programs like messengers or browsers and still be able to control everything....range checked prior to this ^^

This is an alpha...this is not a beta. Yeah...and we're running it on production ! [LinusTech & SlickPC]   ~    More Power Than All the Computers in 1999! [Our Servers ^^]

You could also grab a leap by leap motion, should be out in the next month or so.

What's the distance that the Leap can pick up on? Can you use it while sitting on your couch and it on your TV?

"The Leap’s final flaw is its ability to recognize inputs…in general. The Leap claimed there is an 8-cubic feet radius on its ability to pick up inputs. This is true, but it is also very limiting. After moving your hand back more than one foot, the Leap stops picking up inputs completely."

I think I rather just a keyboard+mouse of some sort, or that device I linked above :p

ok thanks for all the advice thanks again

CPU 5820K @ 4.5Ghz 1.295V,Motherboard Asus X99-S, RAM 16Gb TeamGroup Elite GPU Msi Gtx 780, Case Fractal Design Define R5 , Storage Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 , Samsung 840evo 250Gb, Wd Green 1TB, PSU EVGA 850w G2 ,Cooling Fully Custom Water Cooling Loop Sound Stealseries Wireless H

my microsoft wireless keyboard/mouse has poop for range however my logitech is decent would it look too out of place if you use a usb extension to put the usb dongle closer yet still hidden to the couch

i can not remember the name of this product, but linus use it on his life streams and on unboxings to change cameras and control twitter and such. i think this is something that will suite your needs... why dont you try twitting @slickPC or @LinusTech and ask what wirless keboad/touchpad thing that he uses. or maybe some one who knows might reply here.

Got an iOS device or Android? Use a mouse app, that's what I do...

i guess that works too. didnt think about it. but it will not work if he does not have such a thing?

Yeah, true but it's an option without spending anything if he already has one

just tested this.... this can be a good solution

• Intel Core i7 2600k 4.5Ghz

Sapphire 7950

Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3

Corsair Vengeance 8GB

Cooler Master 850w

Corsair H100i

Fractal Design Define R4

Roccat Kone+ Mouse

Logitech G15 Keyboard

Unified Remote on Android is amazing. It has direct Netflix support too! Really worth looking into.

IF you are using wifi and your pc is connected to the same network (or even not this will still work) download team viewer at your pc set a password there u can keep it in mind (there is a other way too) then download TeamViewer on your android or ios(if it exists) use your ID and password to control your pc ; thats what i do ALL the time im having tough time at the bathroom ;)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Not sure if that is what the OP was asking, Levent :p. Nice tip though.

However, there are times I rather just use my phone, and not my PC. Like, it's not as if I am going to be playing games over remote desktop/team viewer from my phone to my PC, so what else is there to do whilst in the "watercloset"? Browse this forum is one thing that comes to mind, check Facebook, other social media, all of that is very capable from my phone :)

I guys n girls if any I have sorted it with a iphone/ipad app cost just£2 thanks for the help I never thought about an app that would do it silly me lol thanks again