Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MrPibbles

New Case to pretty up my system

Posted · Original PosterOP

For my birthday i am going to buy myself a new case, lighting and either make or buy cable extensions. My only problem is what case to get (Kinda torn between 650D, C70, Define r4, or switch 810.) and what colour of lighting/ extensions to get. I have a sabertooth z77, asus DirectCUII 670 and gskill ripjaw ram, I will also be upgrading the hyper 212 evo with and Kraken x60 or h100. I wanted some ideas on what them i should do and if you think theres a better case with similar features (Kinda like a minimal design with a window) lemme know

The one thing about the 650D is that it doesnt have an internal usb 3.0 header. the c70 would be good for a military style build though

Too much?

I'd consider the FT02/RV02, but out of the choices you've presented I'd go with the 650D. The C70 has an ugly window and looks slightly silly, while the Switch, as awesome as it is, has the tackiest plastic aesthetic ever.

There's also the new Fractal Arc Midi R2 coming out which has a side-window, but that's not available just yet. It should be popping up relatively nowish, though.

I have heard about the Ar Midi R2 and do like the aesthetics of it, But it is the mig difference between that and the Design R4? I would love that Lian Li case if i was rich. same for the Ft02 and Rv02, although i like the FT02 significantly more, it is just too expensive. I get what you are saying about the Switch and C70 though.

I have a 650D and it is by far the best hardware investment I have made. It makes everything so tidy and simple to setup. The build quality is outstanding and the subtle, sleek look to it makes it very appealing. Considering that your components are mainly black with no colorful LED's on them, you could really do any LED color you want. I definitely recommend the 650D, but its all personal choice. Also, because of the cable routing you can easily hide your cables and just have your extensions showing. Because the internals seem to be all black, I think that if you got some white extensions and white LED's it would look nice. Maybe even white-bladed fans for your upgrade to a closed loop water system.

i5 3570k - MSI Z77 GD65 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - Galaxy GTX 780 - Corsair AX650 - Custom CPU Loop - Corsair 650D - OCZ Agility 4 128GB - WD Black 640GB

I know the Kraken comes standard with white bladed fans, so thats a plus. Yea i think white would be a good accent colour for the case. Yea it really is a tie between the 650D or the fractal design define or arc midi I guess, thanks for the help

I love my Switch 810 - yes, lot of plastic - but it is pretty solid and the case is huge. Ton of options on this case. The window is simply massive. And some of the extra's are nice, like the rear I/O ligh, fan connector hub included, etc.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I just checked the prices and i can get the Fractal Define R4 for around $50 less, do you think the 650D is worth the extra 50 or should i save my money?

I just checked the prices and i can get the Fractal Define R4 for around $50 less, do you think the 650D is worth the extra 50 or should i save my money?
I'd get the windowed R4 looks lovely, best window on a case ive seen and im a 650D owner, see this build very similar to yours in this case: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=50024
Yea it does look absolutely beautiful, Probably will pick that or the arc midi up depending on how i feel, Thanks for the help