Valve – Source 2 Portal VR demo at GDC

Brian

Portal on a VR headset? Fun or nauseating? 

Steambox + VR? Who needs TVs?

Valve announced the Source 2 engine and started demoing its VR headset at the Game Developers Conference. It would make sense that they would also introduce a new game that would use their new engine tech, but nothing was revealed. They did however demo a VR Aperture experience, built on the Source 2 engine, and using both the headset and the motion controllers.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/valve-source-2-portal-vr-demo-gdc/#ixzz3TYGI86i5

Read more: http://wccftech.com/valve-source-2-portal-vr-demo-gdc/#ixzz3TYFnO12u

Who needs VR?  I don't.  As long as the full experience is not available to the general public I don't care.  Sorry but I want to be able to jump, run and see ... and more before I am interested in this.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Who needs VR?  I don't.  As long as the full experience is not available to the general public I don't care.  Sorry but I want to be able to jump, run and see ... and more before I am interested in this.

I want portal 3 though

My Sightings on LTT : June 6th 2014 WAN Show After Party: Mario Kart 8 July 31st 2015 WAN Show: Tesla Topic   August 14th 2015 WAN Show: ESL Topic 
My Rig: i7 4770K | Z87 Sabertooth | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GTX 780Ti SC ACX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD 4TB Black | Noctua NH-U14S | Corsair 750D | Corsair RM850  \
Peripherals: Triple VG248QE (1080p 144hz) | Corsair RGB K95 MX Blues | Razer Deathadder Chroma | ATH-M50X | JBL LSR305 | Mod Mic 4.0
Devices:Mac Book Pro Retina|iPad Mini (32GB) | HTC One M9 (160GB) Moto 360 (Black Leather) Nvidia Shield (80GB) Go Pro Hero 3+ Black

This is aimed at early adopters and developers, wait for CES to get consumer stuff.

Portal can get nauseating enough without VR due to the stupid auto-camera when going through to a different plane of gravity.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I want portal 3 though

youre so 2014, we need portal 4, you get VR gloves and 2 guns, so 4 colors, coop, 8 colors, madness! just imagine atlas with 2 guns slomo jump sideways crossing his arms aiming both at the same time, lol

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D