Elegance by MetallicAcid

MetallicAcid

looks very nice man! but how did you bend the acrylic window? or did you order it like that? :)

-damn dirty horrible tease bullshit-

Why must you torment us, we shower you in love and admiration but you treat us so badly.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

It looks great, but I've never been a fan of bolted on windows. I'm one for ones that are mounted from the inside with glue, but everyone has their own tastes!  :P

-drops pants-

DON"T STOP

:) Soon

looks very nice man! but how did you bend the acrylic window? or did you order it like that? :)

Thanks! I bent the window myself by using the vanilla bend that the top panel has as a guide. I clamped down the top part of acrylic under a wooden block and gaffer tape, then heated it with a heat gun, and gave a little downward pressure until it formed after the vanilla bend.

Very good

Cheers!

Why must you torment us, we shower you in love and admiration but you treat us so badly.

I torment you with giving the gift of anticipation, otherwise it was over in the blink of an eye then you would not enjoy the project so much :)

It looks great, but I've never been a fan of bolted on windows. I'm one for ones that are mounted from the inside with glue, but everyone has their own tastes!  :P

Well it may not appeal to everyone, but I like it :) Also, the original window was a bolt on, so I did this style so the new windows would match the original :)

/J

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

aight cool :) thanks for the answer it looks amazing man :)

I have to admit, the split windows do look good on it, can't wait for the final pics

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

MetallicAcid's

Elegance_zpsa4mibpyt.png

A modding project made possible by the following contributors:

SilverStone-Logo-400px_zpscx8ujorn.png

OCZ%20logo_zpsx3bsrjoc.png

a08e6f0b-2de3-4ea7-abe5-9053a7bd2f2a_zps

inet_zpslv3ssgzs.png

raijintek_logo_png_zpshvpu9r1x.png

cryorig-logo_zps6gvj1rxx.png

UPClogo_zps042bb5db.jpg

50195180-1503-4a1f-a6cf-a99a80a3301c_zps

Update 7

The Grand Finalé 

Hello friends! 

Today, I update this build log for the last time with the final photos for my Raijintek Metis modding project - Elegance. 

I would like to give a massive thank you to all of the vendors who have supported this project with their products, but most of all I would like to thank you (Yes you reading this!!) for being here, taking interest and giving feedback during this entire process. Without your help and support, I would not be able to do what I love to do - To create PC art!

So without further blabber and fluff, it is with great joy that I present to you the final images of my latest completed project - Elegance by MetallicAcid.

DSC09181_zpsziwasi10.jpg

DSC09184_zpspgi1nhna.jpg

DSC09186_zpsr2sgqdip.jpg

DSC09187_zpspwxehzpe.jpg

DSC09188_zpsdwk4hd8v.jpg

DSC09190_zps5oxajvdg.jpg

DSC09194_zpsgrinabdl.jpg

DSC09196_zpsrgqspahk.jpg

DSC09197_zps3er3ptrd.jpg

DSC09198_zpsqpfpbfau.jpg

DSC09199_zpsewcoaspj.jpg

DSC09200_zpsdozy8etp.jpg

DSC09201_zpsftanbsf9.jpg

DSC09202_zpskq8skzsg.jpg

DSC09203_zpsr2af56yp.jpg

DSC09204_zpsg4oo45qe.jpg

DSC09206_zpstfly6s7d.jpg

DSC09207_zpsonymft4v.jpg

DSC09209_zpsc1oxxlcf.jpg

DSC09211_zpsexev80yd.jpg

DSC09212_zpsxmqipikc.jpg

DSC09214_zpsxjj8cb9b.jpg

DSC09216_zpssfutrewg.jpg

DSC09217_zpswqrpwk7a.jpg

DSC09218_zpsxifklhjr.jpg

DSC09219_zpsli5wbvhs.jpg

DSC09220_zpstkqo7oov.jpg

DSC09222_zpscq4knrtl.jpg

DSC09223_zpszemykkat.jpg

DSC09225_zpsxj0guw5d.jpg

DSC09226_zpsaqimtvgx.jpg

IMG_2390_zpsprd7erlr.jpg

IMG_2391_zpspwpn99wv.jpg

IMG_2392_zpsq5nau7jq.jpg

Please be sure to check out my Facebook page for my upcoming project, involving an In Win S-Frame chassis, some white PCB hardware, some crafty aluminium panels and chromed water cooling tubing

Kind regards,

Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

ahhhh fucking shit....

i wanna hug it

i wanna touch it

i don't wanna scratch it

i want to photograph it

damn.... dude i safe a copy for later... you know scientific cloning... orsomething.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

That is stunning.

One of your best works yet!!!

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

This reminds me of those cases from the early-mid 2000s that had the split bolt on windows that everyone had. It's kinda nostalgic seeing these angles of the case. With that thinking, I'm completely fine with the bolt on now!  :D

Words can't do this justice, outstanding work sir!

+1

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

I wasn't sure it was possible, but I prefer this to your monolith build, largely because of the wrap around window and the covers for everything. Well done mate, well done indeed. You should enter this for the WAN show featured builds now as well as the bit-tech MotM you've already entered.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Holy balls :o

This is the most .........

as a foreigner I don't even know enough English words to describe this!

so pretty

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

ahhhh fucking shit....

i wanna hug it

i wanna touch it

i don't wanna scratch it

i want to photograph it

damn.... dude i safe a copy for later... you know scientific cloning... orsomething.

I currently have it hidden away from my daughter so it doesn't get scratches until I enter it into a competition this Thursday. Then I will use it, and it will get scratched etc etc... :)

That is stunning.

One of your best works yet!!!

Awesome to hear! Thanks mate!

Spectacular as always :D

Thank you :)

This reminds me of those cases from the early-mid 2000s that had the split bolt on windows that everyone had. It's kinda nostalgic seeing these angles of the case. With that thinking, I'm completely fine with the bolt on now!  :D

Well everyone has their window on the inside these days, so I thought of doing something different ;) I like how it looks!

Words can't do this justice, outstanding work sir!

Thank you Feral. I am very pleased with the final result.

I wasn't sure it was possible, but I prefer this to your monolith build, largely because of the wrap around window and the covers for everything. Well done mate, well done indeed. You should enter this for the WAN show featured builds now as well as the bit-tech MotM you've already entered.

The Monolith is looking at me with very sad eyes... They both have a special place in my heart :)

Holy balls :o

This is the most .........

as a foreigner I don't even know enough English words to describe this!

Haha. Thank you :)

so pretty

Cheers mate!

This is just amazing. Congrats at making such a nice looking PC

And thank you too Blackie!

Is that a headphone cable coming out of the back of the build?

This is the adapter for the LED lighting. I did not connect it up to the power supply as I wish to be able to turn off the LED lighting during the day time as to not attract the kids to the PC. There is no fan controller, so this was my only solution.

Beautiful, I can't wait to see the S-Frame build too!

Thanks! That build log is coming live very soon :D

Amazing work as always. Well done!

And thank you d33g33 for the continued support mate!

Thank you everyone again for the overwhelming great support and awesome comments. I have had a blast with this modding project, and am about to start the next one using an S-Frame chassis, ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S with white PCB, SLI 980s and chromed tubed custom water cooling. I hope to see you at the next project!

Kind regards,

Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

Personally I prefer the windows at the same level as the metal around them but this build is winning me over  :wub:

• 4 months later...

Very nice build, glad i found it!

I'm going to build something in a Metis, too, but not even close as good.

:D You deserve a good beer!

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice build, glad i found it!

I'm going to build something in a Metis, too, but not even close as good.

:D You deserve a good beer!

Hahaha :) Thank you sir for checking it out! A good beer I had.. Many infact ;)

/J

Haha how fun! I've been following you on Instagram for a long long time and was just browsing through LTT and stumbled upon your name.
I feel like we're friends now :D

Really nice job mate, outstanding work as always. Also love your setup pictures on instagram :)