Battlefield: Hardline will continue to have a premium subscription

Aniallation

http://games.on.net/2015/03/battlefield-hardline-premium/

not tech news section, copy pazte 4 lyfe

We already knew it was going to happen, then a leak confirmed it, and now an official press release has double-confirmed it: Battlefield Hardline will have the same style of Premium service as both BF3 and BF4.

According to our press release, Premium subs get four “super features”:

• Masks – New player masks with unique gameplay benefits tied to the theme of each mask
  • Gun Bench – Provides players with the ability to visually customize their weapons and track their kills per weapon
  • Competitive Play – Support for competitive play through Battlefield Hardline Premium-access only tournaments and ladders
  • Legendary Status – Provides replayability of the entire progression system

As well as four expansion packs:

• Criminal Activity – Players have to make a name for themselves in fast-paced, highly-destructible new maps littered with small-time crime jobs. Available winter 2015
  • Robbery – Take down the opposition head on and progress through key locations with major cinematic action. Available winter 2015
  • Getaway – This is frantic, high-speed chases that immerse players deeper in the heist. Available spring 2015
  • Betrayal – There is a rat in every operation and players will have to find out who to trust. Available summer early 2016

And this other stuff here:

• Two weeks early access to all expansion packs
  • 12 Gold Battlepacks
  • New personalization options including gun camos, ammo skins, and more Battlefield Hardline Premium exclusive in-game items
  • Access to double-XP, in-game missions, and more Battlefield Hardline Premium exclusive events
  • Priority position in server queues

It’s priced at $59.99.

"Rawr XD"

Sorry but is it 59.99 per what? Month or year?

Year

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Well thats not bad is it?

Actually wait I spoke too soon: It's $60 for premium service for hardline. It's a good deal if you plan to buy all the DLCs anyway

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

If I buy the game, I buy the game. This is bullshit, EA can shove a cactus up their ass if they think I'm gonna buy anything from them.

I am so confused by what you just said, you just seem to be giving an example for the reflexive property instead of making a statement.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I am so confused by what you just said, you just seem to be giving an example for the reflexive property instead of making a statement.

Rephrased it better.

It's overpriced and a little unfair. People buy the game for 70$ but because they have plenty of other games to play regularly along with this one you can't justify another 60. In which leads to being left out on all the cool stuff, things with the developers like a bloody map design. pretty leaving everyone that brought the game left by a cold shoulder.

I'm okay with a DLC premium service with early access sure. but everything such as events, developer community stuff is just stupid. With that being said I'm a die hard Battlfield can and loved the series and still do except for the premium service which feels like I've just been left in the cold after launch.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

If you buy a game, you shouldn't have to pay extra for more features. All this DLC stuff is bullshit.

There have been expansion packs for well over 20 years (quite possibly a lot longer), but only recently have it become a trend to complain about it. Why is that? Is it the fact that you can download it instead of having to go to your store and get a CD?

There have been expansion packs for well over 20 years (quite possibly a lot longer), but only recently have it become a trend to complain about it. Why is that? Is it the fact that you can download it instead of having to go to your store and get a CD?

Games have gotten more expensive. Although they have gotten more popular as well. So it doesn't make sense why they have gotten more expensive, but DLC is still around.

Games have gotten more expensive. Although they have gotten more popular as well. So it doesn't make sense why they have gotten more expensive, but DLC is still around.

Games haven't gotten more expensive. The rise in price over the past 20 years can pretty much be attributed to inflation, something your paycheck is also affected by. On top of this there is a plethora of ways of obtaining a game for much less than the MSRP these days, so if anything they have gotten cheaper.

I don't see how this is a surprise to anyone. They did it with Battlefield 3 and 4. My usual strategy is wait until I can get both combined for $30 or less, usually when the last DLC comes out. It's worked so far for me, and I'm definitely digging BF4 right now after buying it.

i7-4790K / Noctua NH-D14 / 16GB Patriot Signature / MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition / MSI R9 390 8GB / ASUS VG248QE + ASUS VX228 / 120GB 840 EVO + 2TB/1TB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB Samsung 840 EVO / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 / Windows 10 Pro / Sennheiser HD 558 / Ducky Shine 4 / Logitech G602 / NZXT H440 / Wii U / MH4U NN3DS / Currently listening to: Nintendo music

Year

Well thats not bad is it?

where are you seeing per year? Its a one time payment like always

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

DLC is potentially fine if it is completed post-release and adds something new, interesting, and worthwhile to the game. There are plenty of examples of that. In those cases, DLC is just the modern digital incarnation of the old expansion pack system. Games have been $50-60 for a long, long time. They've gotten more expensive since Doom, I suppose, but I think $50-60 + DLC later on is fair if the content vaguely justifies the cost.

The way the Battlefield franchise has been doing DLC is not fine. Map packs divide the community and generally do not introduce anything truly interesting. The premium service is worse; EA wants us to have paid in full for everything the game will ever have to offer before we have any idea what it's going to be. Battlefield players who have been around for a couple of years will remember a time when most new maps for BF2 and BF2142 were free.

where are you seeing per year? Its a one time payment like always

Sorry I was high off old computer dust, I made another reply that said it was a one time payment

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

A dlc for a dlc :/ Won't be buying hardline, the fewer people pay for it the faster they get back on track with normal battlefield. 

Fuck that, ill just get the base game...after a year for 20 or less Euros, im not going to be EAs bitch.

well duh.. it's ea.. they want to screw everyone for as much money as possible

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Well, it's not new.

If you look back, every Battlefield had an extension that costed the exact same price than the actual game.

That's why I don't see the problem here; DLC's are just fragmented addons.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless