Sub 200-220$ monitor - Preferedly IPS

Admire
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,

I have to admit that this is just an area where im not knowledgeable enough...I have heard that sub 5ms is something a lot of people recommend, but you don't think 8ms is something i will notice?

No... read the thread pinned at the top of this section, hopefully it will be helpful :)

So im going to buy a cheap monitor....And I want to taste some IPS if at all possible. Cheaper IPS panels with response times of 5ms and lower are available but im looking for some recommendations here.

Some kind of height adjust, and tilt would be greatly appreciated but image quality is the main thing here.

I have looked at a view models, but I think its far more difficult to compare than with other hardware....So im very open to suggestions beside these.

Im going to use it for gaming, but I do some minor photoshop work too.

My build is below in my sig. Im buying a 970 after I buy the monitor and wait on a few extra parts.

The prices are converted from danish prices.

Samsung S23C650D

Has DP, but lacks HDMI tilt, pivot, height adjust, 5 ms response time(claimed at least)

Looks pretty nice from the front.

Its clearly marketed for businesses in the descriptions.....Is it good enough for gaming

Price: 183 dollars.

LG 24MB35PY-B

One inch bigger, but seems very like the samsung, also marketed for business

Its also a bit out of my planned budget, costing 231 dollars

Samsung 24" LED SyncMaster S24D390H

Cheap at only 149 dollars. Very nice look.

AOC Professional i2360Phu - 23″

Have heard that AOC makes very good screens at the lower end....Pivot, and nice clean look.

Different prices, some at retailers im not too comfortable with, but is 220 dollars at one that I trust.

ASUS VN248H

No adjust, two HDMIs, and looks to be marketed towards gamers...but not sure that means anything.

220 dollars

Hope there are some monitor savy minds out there

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

What about the Acer H236HL. It's a great budget 1080P IPS monitor. I own it and I love it.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Acer G237hl is what I'm using and love it

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

How about the Dell P2314H? It's an all-around good IPS panel with fully adjustable stand, flicker free backlight, and other goodies around $200. It doesn't have HDMI, but it does have DP and DVI so you're pretty much covered in terms of connectivity.

Don't pay attention to response times.

Thank you for the responses so far

What about the Acer H236HL. It's a great budget 1080P IPS monitor. I own it and I love it.

Nice monitor...Better contrast than the ones I looked at..The stand is untraditional...How does it real in real use?

I imagine their are positives and drawbacks to that type of solution.

I can't tell how strong it looks.

Acer G237hl is what I'm using and love it

will keep in mind. But lack of adjust leaves it a little behind the others, despite not being that much cheaper.

How about the Dell P2314H? It's an all-around good IPS panel with fully adjustable stand, flicker free backlight, and other goodies around $200. It doesn't have HDMI, but it does have DP and DVI so you're pretty much covered in terms of connectivity.

Don't pay attention to response times.

I have to admit that this is just an area where im not knowledgeable enough...I have heard that sub 5ms is something a lot of people recommend, but you don't think 8ms is something i will notice?

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

No... read the thread pinned at the top of this section, hopefully it will be helpful :)

Thank you for the responses so far

Nice monitor...Better contrast than the ones I looked at..The stand is untraditional...How does it real in real use?

I imagine their are positives and drawbacks to that type of solution.

I can't tell how strong it looks.

will keep in mind. But lack of adjust leaves it a little behind the others, despite not being that much cheaper.

The stand is pretty sturdy, but only offers tilt adjustment. No height or pivot. It also has a magnet in the base of the stand for keys or metallic objects and such. But the stand serves it's purpose, though not very versatile.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!