Linus has the worst car among the LTT staff?

-snip-

Does it really matter what kind of car he drives?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Quit worrying about someone's possessions, holy shit.

It still better than my car, besides it's Honda civic it's not a gas guzzler he saves money on fuel (if i recall gas in BC is very expensive) and repairs/maintenance/insurance. He probably saving/waiting for Tesla Model 3 since it's going to be somewhere in the 40k-38k usd price also electricity is cheaper in BC than most parts of US/world.  

Peace of mind. Not having a car payment to worry about on top of running a business and having a family is a nice thing.

@dzonidev I have a well-paying job, too. And my car is just kind of average.... and 7 years old. Not to mention the rear bumper is dented on each corner.

But... I own it. I don't have payments. Paying off a car should be the goal of every driver. It's finacially beneficial. Not having a monthly car payment and <the option for> reduced insurance premiums is a huge advantage.

It's very possible that Linus owns his car, too.

Wrong, Luke drive an Acura TL. I have a 2009 Acura TSX myself, it's a great car.

And yes, Linus drives a 2003 Honda Civic with a manual transmission that has been beat to hell and back. That car is living proof of the reliability and abuse tolerance of Hondas.

LINUS IS ONE OF THE MANUAL MASTERRACE

yM8X1oy.png

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

yM8X1oy.png

You got that wrong. If we apply the PCMR mentality...

The automatics of today are fast at shifting, faster in track times, allow for better launches which correlate to faster acceleration overall and are more efficient. 

And if you argue about "having more emotional feel" and "being more connected to the car" and "more analog and raw experience", you sound just like the people PCMR likes to mock. 

So in other words....

Glorious Paddle Shifter Race

2015-ferrari-laferrari-paddle-shifter.jp

So might have already been posted. But did anyone notice that Linus basically has the worst car in the company he owns.

Now let me be clear, if you own a company it doesn't mean you're ultra rich or whatever.

From the videos, Brandon drives a BMW either an X1 or X3 and Luke drives an Acura TSX that is basically the European Honda Accord. Yet Linus drives a Honda Civic which looks like cats sleep in it and from what I can tell it's from early 2000's. Don't get me wrong I love Honda cars I personally have the (European) Civic Sport from 2011. But seriously how?

So just a thought. Let me know what you think about this...

employees paid before you , happy staff = they work harder lol 

besides , if it aint broke dont change it right ? 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

As stated already by various members, if he has no need for a new car there is no point in getting a new car.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

If I owned a company I'd get this

Fiat_500_4.jpg

ROFL, that was my first car... in orange....

The automatics of today are fast at shifting, faster in track times, allow for better launches which correlate to faster acceleration overall and are more efficient. 

And if you argue about "having more emotional feel" and "being more connected to the car" and "more analog and raw experience", you sound just like the people PCMR likes to mock. 

So in other words....

Paddle shifters are the best. You get the benefit of a really fast shift while still having control over downshifts unless you pull some half-assed act like shifting into 1st at 80mph where the computer will stop you.

So in other words....

2015-ferrari-laferrari-paddle-shifter.jp

But auto's are basically muh cinematic experience

plastic pulls are basically point and click games

Stick shift is actual gameplay, more challenging, more rewarding, more involved, more fun,

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

But auto's are basically muh cinematic experience

plastic pulls are basically point and click games

Stick shift is actual gameplay, more challenging, more rewarding, more involved, more fun,

Go drive even a GTI on a track with a DCT and then say its just "point and click". Driving them hard takes more skill than most people will ever develop. Its not some simple feat. 

To add to my original point, why do professional race series use DCTs and sequential boxes? Faster. Better. More responsive. More visceral. But I guess they all do it for the "cinematic and point and click" experience...

-snip-

lol this will start a flame war.

Edit: Nvm it has.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

My guess would be that his wife has the nice family car that he also uses, the Honda we have seen is just a work car, i know a lot of people that have a piece of shit they use for work and a nice one at home (myself included) 

its not about how fast the car is, its the feels man, manual transmission feels more like actually car-ish

You know, Linus does drive an Aventador...

2678414.jpg

2680218.jpg

d6APf60.jpg

So might have already been posted. But did anyone notice that Linus basically has the worst car in the company he owns.

Now let me be clear, if you own a company it doesn't mean you're ultra rich or whatever.

From the videos, Brandon drives a BMW either an X1 or X3 and Luke drives an Acura TSX that is basically the European Honda Accord. Yet Linus drives a Honda Civic which looks like cats sleep in it and from what I can tell it's from early 2000's. Don't get me wrong I love Honda cars I personally have the (European) Civic Sport from 2011. But seriously how?

So just a thought. Let me know what you think about this...

He has a family....it's reliable and safe that's all that matters :P

And a wife so he aint gonna be picking up no girls xD

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

He has a family....

Exactly. As long as it's dependable, that's basically all that matters.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

A car's function is to get a person from Point A to Point B, and that doesn't necessarily means you need to have a nice looking car to do that.

dont forget about car enthusiasts! To us there is more to a car than simply A to B.

But you are right, this is what I believe most people including Linus think of a car.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1