Best 140mm SP Fans?

Tim Drake

Sanyo Denki Delta fans. They're industrial fans with performance that match the viper but they just run much much faster. They're for industrial application but people used to use them to overclock.

I used to use them for their efficiency but they're loud.

I've been trying to find a link but they seem to be disappearing from the forums.

Eh, I would prefer quiet fans as that's the main reason I went for water cooling.

Eh, I would prefer quiet fans as that's the main reason I went for water cooling.

Sure but if you want quiet over performance air is better. You can get a quieter P.C. with air than with water. Water's just more efficient.

But ultimately it's up to you what you choose, I just find it an interesting topic :0/

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Sure but if you want quiet over performance air is better. You can get a quieter P.C. with air than with water. Water's just more efficient.

But ultimately it's up to you what you choose, I just find it an interesting topic :0/

I have already decided on an AIO for a great price so I am not being budged.

All I need is good Static Pressure fans to upgrade in the future.

Maybe I should just go for some Be Quiet! fans and run them at max 24/7 :P

Sure...

Here's a photo of a couple of my Sanyo Denki's...

(I don't recommend buying these by the way (I recommend the 140mm Akasa Viper but not the industrial fans))

San Ace 120 (9G1212H1011) 

etc.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/hot-san-ace-9g1212h1011-ultimate-120x38mm-case-fan-sleeved.html

post-67079-0-88753400-1425507533_thumb.j

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Sure...

Here's a photo of a couple of my Sanyo Denki's...

San Ace 120 (9G1212H1011) 

etc.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/hot-san-ace-9g1212h1011-ultimate-120x38mm-case-fan-sleeved.html

How's the Akasa fan?

How's the Akasa fan?

Excellent. It's what I used to use when I was interested in overclocking...

Maybe just go for the black varient? (the Apache) It might not be as good as the viper but it's probably still better than the others (and I think it's still PWM also?).

Really you just have to look at the figures and do a bit of math. I've done a little in this thread that you can use to start making comparisons.

But as I say, if you're not overclocking and you're going for pure silence then air is the way to go but it's kind of a different approach. If you like what you've got, stick with it.

post-67079-0-75617900-1425507684_thumb.j

Yes and it's not PWM but motherboards these days have voltage control and you can undervolt it if necessary. You just have to make sure you're fan headers are rated to support something that powerful. :0/

I've burned out numerous fan controller channels which I'm sure must have been down to me running my Sanyo Denki deltas :0/

you ran deltas your'e my hero.

But as I say, if you're not overclocking and you're going for pure silence then air is the way to go but it's kind of a different approach. If you like what you've got, stick with it.

I hate looking at the top of heatsinks, the fact I can say I WATERCOOL a computer part, Easier to run fans at lower RPMs and produce less noise with AIOs, takes up less space in case etc

I just overall love AIOs.

I hate looking at the top of heatsinks, the fact I can say I WATERCOOL a computer part, Easier to run fans at lower RPMs and produce less noise with AIOs, takes up less space in case etc

I just overall love AIOs.

Well this is it. There's more to it than pure efficiency. People like doing different things in different ways for different reasons. These days I run my CPU at stock with a stock cooler, have basic crucial RAM (no heatsinks etc. just the basic stuff) and fit my case with Aerocool 120mm Dead Silent fans.

I'm even thinking of abandoning use of 140 mm fans entirely because, they're just loud and you don't really need them if you double up the 120's which should give you more airflow for fewer dBA and are virtually silent (at least with the Aerocool Dead Silents). I tried their 140mm varient but wasn't happy with it (I'd like to take another look at it as I might have just got one from a bad batch but it wasn't great.)

I'm going to be overclocking my graphics card because I've got an Accelero Hybrid II laying around but if not for the fact that I already had the Hybrid II I'd leave it at stock.

you ran deltas your'e my hero.

Lol, I did. I was even thinking of fitting the metal body variant back onto my Accelero's to take advantage of the heat conduction through the metal frame but (they're louder than the current enthusiast market grade stuff, really not by too much but it is noticeable) and they're 24v (I got them super super cheap on eBay (not even relative to their cost (they're expensive) but just super cheap) but I missed the fact that they're 24 volt when I bid). Oh well.

I suppose I could go for 120mm fans and use an adapter but then I am getting a 280mm radiator for absolutely no reason..

I'd go for 140mm fans if you have a 280mm radiator. I bought a 280mm closed loop CPU cooler for my AMD FX chip purely for the efficiency (I had four on it in push pull).

I'm just saying that that's what I do. You need to do what you want to do. :0/

I'd go for 140mm fans if you have a 280mm radiator. I bought a 280mm closed loop CPU cooler for my AMD FX chip purely for the efficiency (I had four on it in push pull).

I'm just saying that that's what I do. You need to do what you want to do. :0/

Idk, I guess I will just stick with the default fans on the H110 and just set a less aggressive fan curve I guess :P

Idk, I guess I will just stick with the default fans on the H110 and just set a less aggressive fan curve I guess :P

To be honest, if you're leaving the processor at stock you probably won't need more than that.

I fit square frame vipers to my Hydro 110  in push pull because I was going to try and overclock it to it's limit but I just never got around to doing it. I basically worked out that the time and money I was putting into the overclock just didn't work out cost-effective and I just figured out there were other things I could be doing. :0/

Closed loop CPU coolers are really cool and I was kind of sorry to see the back of mine but I just didn't need it (at least not as much as I needed the money it went for on eBay). If I had to overclock and watercool something It'd be my graphics card because the types of games I play rely more on the GPU than the CPU but having said that I'd rather just put the money I'd need to spend on a closed loop GPU cooler into a more expensive card and not have the hassle of fitting all of the 3rd party aftermarket cooling solutions.

Some people like that stuff, it's their hobby and I wish them luck with it but for me it's all about performance, and "putting the money on the screen" so to speak.

If I had money to burn and money was no object I'd build something absolutely ridonculous (overclocked 4-way Titans etc. because, why not if the cost means nothing to you), but as it is I have to try and get as much value for my time and money as I can.