Not enough money!!!

Cy-Fy

Hi everyone,,, I am planning to build something like this: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1cFi5

However I am only 14 and I don't have enough money to buy everything,,, I would NOT want to compromise anything to make the build cheaper,, but do you guys have any feasable idea on how I could make money,,, I already have about £100.. Thanks everyone for your help ;) oh and also I dont know if it would be better for me to go and save for a console like ps4 because it is considerably cheaper,,, what do you guys think?

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

Hi everyone,,, I am planning to build something like this: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1cFi5

However I am only 14 and I don't have enough money to buy everything,,, I would NOT want to compromise anything to make the build cheaper,, but do you guys have any feasable idea on how I could make money,,, I already have about £100.. Thanks everyone for your help ;) oh and also I dont know if it would be better for me to go and save for a console like ps4 because it is considerably cheaper,,, what do you guys think?

At your age, I would save for a PS4 and just use that until you get to where you can work for your computer parts. Then build it.

That's my suggestion anyway.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Honestly with a graphics card like that I would go with the PS4.

You need a much better GPU then that to justify that CPU too, in my opinion atleast!

(Comming soon)

There aren't really any decent ways to make money at your age so it's probably best to go with a console.  Plus the OS and peripherals will bump that price another £100 at least - not including a monitor.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Let me tell you. Having been in your shoes, save for the PS4. At that age I basically pinched pennies (saved whatever birthday money I got, didn't spend hardly any on fast food, etc.). By the time I was through high school (it goes by fast dude), I had money to spend on things that I actually wanted like a PC. Best thing I ever did was learning how to save early.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

At your age, I would save for a PS4 and just use that until you get to where you can work for your computer parts. Then build it.

That's my suggestion anyway.

yeah,, thanks for your advise

Honestly with a graphics card like that I would go with the PS4.

You need a much better GPU then that to justify that CPU too, in my opinion atleast!

yeah but I have heard that even the cheapest build is way better than a console, especially from Linus :D

There aren't really any decent ways to make money at your age so it's probably best to go with a console. Plus the OS and peripherals will bump that price another £100 at least - not including a monitor.

hehehe like the way you said "decent" yeah okay thanks for your opinion and the it is true the peripherals and other things add a lot,, at least for me

Well as much as I hate to recommend a console, for that price point a PS4 would do you more justice than that 7770. When's your birthday? Maybe you could get some money then. Or you could wait until Xmas  and ask for money or computer parts. It wouldn't be a much longer wait than for the PS4.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Depends where you live and if you can get a job or you are good at sports. Where i work we have a young 14 year old assisting coaches and getting some pocket money. He is a good tennis player though and great with little kids. so depends where you live but you might even get a job doing dishes.

Let me tell you. Having been in your shoes, save for the PS4. At that age I basically pinched pennies (saved whatever birthday money I got, didn't spend hardly any on fast food, etc.). By the time I was through high school (it goes by fast dude), I had money to spend on things that I actually wanted like a PC. Best thing I ever did was learning how to save early.

thanks man appreciate your advise,, i think that for now I am better off juat saving money and then when i work or something i can spend on things like this :)

When i was your age i was wanting to get a PC too. I ended up with an xbox 360 which was fine for when i had it (hardly even used XBL) eventually money just came rushing in about 2-3 years later and i bought my first PC for £600, and i've been upgrading that up to the end of last year, but now i have enough for an extreme build that i'm working on  :D

It helps if you know people though, sometimes you can get bits of work for doing websites for small companies if you know how (that's how i started out with the job i have now, and i'm not even that good at advanced web/graphic design :P)

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Well as much as I hate to recommend a console, for that price point a PS4 would do you more justice than that 7770. When's your birthday? Maybe you could get some money then. Or you could wait until Xmas and ask for money or computer parts. It wouldn't be a much longer wait than for the PS4.

yeah but i dont think I will get £400 as a present,, it's too much money at my age, thanks anyway ^^

Depends where you live and if you can get a job or you are good at sports. Where i work we have a young 14 year old assisting coaches and getting some pocket money. He is a good tennis player though and great with little kids. so depends where you live but you might even get a job doing dishes.

thanks man I will definitely look out for small jobs like that

yeah but i dont think I will get £400 as a present,, it's too much money at my age, thanks anyway ^^

Not all at once :P 

I saved over a few Christmases and birthdays for my stuff before i had a job.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

When i was your age i was wanting to get a PC too. I ended up with an xbox 360 which was fine for when i had it (hardly even used XBL) eventually money just came rushing in about 2-3 years later and i bought my first PC for £600, and i've been upgrading that up to the end of last year, but now i have enough for an extreme build that i'm working on :D

It helps if you know people though, sometimes you can get bits of work for doing websites for small companies if you know how (that's how i started out with the job i have now, and i'm not even that good at advanced web/graphic design :P)

hahah cool story bro, yeah I will most likely do something like that until I have enough money or until I work during summer etc.

Not all at once :P

I saved over a few Christmases and birthdays for my stuff before i had a job.

yeah lol that's probably the way to go for now

You could ask your parents for jobs around the house, might net a few £££

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

you can deliver newspapers, wash cars for cash, mow someones garden etc.... there is plenty ways to make money :)

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

when i was young i use to builed people rig and fix there computers that is good why to get money

Manners Maketh Man

i am also 14 and i have already spent around 2700 usd on my rig its calld sommerwork i think atleast in sweden we call it sommarjobb

every boy have lego they dont use fore like 300 bucks and ftw my 100 post

post-6364-0-38522400-1372847394.jpg

I have a few more options which works:  If you can find old PC's at garage sales or at the tip you can strip them down for parts to sell on Ebay or the like. Also if your building or upgrading someones PC ask the person if you can keep the old parts. Clean them up and sell them or as i have done made a server out of old parts from other systems i have fixed. P4 2.4 ghz. 4 x 1 gig ddr2 ram 8800gtx GPU old case and 500w PSU plus  6 x 500gig HD all from computers i have fixed up or found laying around.  It can run low end games but its great for movies and internet.  But if you can sell it there is extra to be made.

when i was young i use to builed people rig and fix there computers that is good why to get money

thanks man ;)