Xonar DSX Audio Driver?

Go to solution Solved by Darell3,

Hi guys,

I just got my Xonar DSX in the mail. I don't have a DVD drive. I downloaded the drivers from the Asus website for the Xonar DSX for Windows 8 64-bit, but when I attempt to run the installer, it says the following:

"ASUS Xonar DSX Audio does not exist, the installation program will be terminated now." 

So, what do I do or need? I tried finding an ISO of the driver and utility CD, but couldn't. 

Also, now my computer has no audio out. It says there's no audio output device installed. I assume installing the drivers would fix this, but ... yeah.

Help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Vitalius.

Eww, drivers from ASUS(for xonar sound cards) are crap. I have a Xonar DGX sound card and i use this driver http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/ its the same as asus's xonar drivers but better. I use to have Asus's xonar driver but my 5.1audio did not seem to work but after installing the UNi Xonar Drivers it finally worked!

Just wanted to let you know, it was because I had HD Audio enabled in BIOS. :P Once I had that disabled, it installed fine. They should really put that into the instruction manual. LOL

certain motherboards let you keep using the onboard with another soundcard, others don't.  I'm sure your motherboard manual mentioned NOTHING about it either LOL.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Vitalius may I suggest you attempt to get a refund on the DSX / Sell it and maybe consider a USB DAC much like the Fiio E10? If you need a microphone I would also recommend a USB one.

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

Vitalius may I suggest you attempt to get a refund on the DSX / Sell it and maybe consider a USB DAC much like the Fiio E10? If you need a microphone I would also recommend a USB one.

Well, I made a thread about it.

And after some consideration, I've decided a home theater style setup isn't what I'm interested in for the next 2-3 years. Graphics first, finish my gaming rig second, then the audio can come later. 

Considering that, I'll just stick with this Sound Card as buying a USB DAC won't help me much as I'll likely only buy a decent speaker set for the time being. 

Thanks though. :)

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to let you know, it was because I had HD Audio enabled in BIOS. :P Once I had that disabled, it installed fine. They should really put that into the instruction manual. LOL

I had to make an account just to post my particular solution to the same problem.

I tried to disable the HD-Audio as you had suggested to no avail. I checked out different ideas on different forums (some suggesting going to 16xPCIE, others saying run a script in DOS) ... well my solution was quite simple:

I flash updated my BIOS -> My Mobo, an ASUS p8z68v-LE had very outdated BIOS, especially since I pgraded to this crappy Windows8. The support page had one update that looked like this

Description P8Z68-V LE BIOS 4101

Enhance compatibility with some PCIE device.

BINGO! Put it on a newly formatted USB Drive, opened BIOS, Flashed it. WABAM! All good!

I also recommend using the drivers found here http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/

I hope this helps someone. Still have HD Audio from MOBO sound if I need it, but can plug my nice 7.1 Headset in this new card without the interference the mobo sound gave me.