problem with new laptop and new ssd disk

PhSm

Hello everyone!

I have big problem, so I hope you can help me.

I just bought new Lenovo ThinkPad E540 laptop and new ssd disk (laptop has HDD originally). Before I even turn on the computer, I replace HDD disk with SSD disk (in computer is also SSD M.2 16GB, which I don't need, as I have SSD 500GB).

When I turn on computer and put DVD with windows 7 (original not pirate windows) it doesn't boot from DVD no matter what I do. It only opens a window in the picture bellow ... please help what can I do!?!

post-179858-0-71523300-1425492849_thumb.

Select the top one and press enter

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

Select the top one and press enter

I did, but display became black for a second and then the same screen appears again. I also try to boot from USB stick but it's the same.

Is it the original Windows DVD? Can you hear the disk spin up? 

edit:

Did some digging and you might want to check this setting in your BIOS

Config -> Serial ATA (SATA) -> SATA Controller Mode Options -> Compatibility (from AHCI).  When this is done, the machine boots from CD.

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

I did that but it's still the same ... DVD is spinning, I can hear it in the beginning.

Did the laptop come with Windows pre-installed? If so, it is trying to find the HDD to boot off of. If you put the HDD back in without the SSD, I'll bet it'll boot into Windows if it was pre-installed. Does the laptop have the ability to have the HDD installed and the SSD installed at the same time? The SSD probably needs to be formatted for use before it can be used. If you have the ability to put both drives in at the same time, go into Computer Management (assuming it boots into Windows), and format the SSD. Then exit and reboot and unplug the HDD leaving only the SSD to install Windows on. See if that fixes the situation.

Did the laptop come with Windows pre-installed? If so, it is trying to find the HDD to boot off of. If you put the HDD back in without the SSD, I'll bet it'll boot into Windows if it was pre-installed. Does the laptop have the ability to have the HDD installed and the SSD installed at the same time? The SSD probably needs to be formatted for use before it can be used. If you have the ability to put both drives in at the same time, go into Computer Management (assuming it boots into Windows), and format the SSD. Then exit and reboot and unplug the HDD leaving only the SSD to install Windows on. See if that fixes the situation.

Yes, laptop came with windows pre-installed (windows 8, but I got licence for windows 7 at work, also I prefer windows 7 :)).

Laptop doesn't have option for both disk to be instaled at the same time. Can I format ssd disk using cabel to connect ssd disk with USB port?

So now it's the best to put HDD back and boot pre-instaled windows, than format ssd disk in other computer and then replace it again with ssd and instal windows 7?

Yes, laptop came with windows pre-installed (windows 8, but I got licence for windows 7 at work, also I prefer windows 7 :)).

Laptop doesn't have option for both disk to be instaled at the same time. Can I format ssd disk using cabel to connect ssd disk with USB port?

So now it's the best to put HDD back and boot pre-instaled windows, than format ssd disk in other computer and then replace it again with ssd and instal windows 7?

Yes, do that and it should work.

Try the third one on that list (screenshot)

Jack Whitbread

Ultras0nix

Yes, do that and it should work.

Thank you very much for your help! I hope it'l work (it must!! :))

Try the third one on that list (screenshot)

I did, I tried everything, but nothing worked. Now I'm trying what youdothat2me suggested.