Nvidia just posted this on Twitter: This is TITAN X

Jobbe03

Hah, I knew it. Another overpriced release that holds back actual gaming GPUs. Don't get me wrong, it'll be interesting to see what GM 200 can actually do, but fuck the titan line-up.

Titan was never meant for gamers.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

I'm running crossfire R9 290s, but I was exclusively talking from the perspective of someone who wants an Nvidia card. Especially if you like Nvidia GPUs you should be furious about the titan line-up, it doesn't offer anything for gamers (while still being marketed as a gaming card and using the GeForce naming scheme) and actually holds back the release of other Nvidia products (higher memory versions of the 1000 series flagship will not be available, no "early" 1000 series, etc.). It's a load of bs and a kick in the face of the actual gaming crowd.

Why is it a kick in the face? That they want to maximize profits and sell their GM204 chips that were so groundbreaking 5 months ago? With them releasing the GTX 970 at $330 (and thus forcing huge price drops on the R9 290/290x) they made high end gaming pretty damn attainable for normal people.

The Titan was the weird transition card between gaming GeForce and full blown Quadro. I think of it as the 980 + K5200/whatever Quadro is equivalent to the 980.

You could have both in your workstation OR you could have the singular Titan. Great for small studios and labs that need cheap developing grunt without blowing their banks on higher end Quadros or even Teslas.

Gamers are a tad narrow minded. Everything must be for gaming, no exception

Oh, then you'll at least get the full package now. That's a plus, I guess.

Yeah it's definitely a step up from from the original titan launch. Looks like they realized how many people they pissed off by re releasing the same gpu like 4 times with different shader/ram configs.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Why is it a kick in the face? That they want to maximize profits and sell their GM204 chips that were so groundbreaking 5 months ago? With them releasing the GTX 970 at $330 (and thus forcing huge price drops on the R9 290/290x) they made high end gaming pretty damn attainable for normal people.

People seem to forget this a lot. Nvidia benefited EVERYONE by making it so that AMD was forced to make their FLAGSHIP series of cards tank in price. I don't agree with the 290 as a solution for all builds but you're getting flagship performance for 250 (on average) and even the 8GB versions will have to drop in price soon enough.

It's mutual. AMD forces Nvidia and Nvidia forces AMD. Who said you need only 18829282GB monster cards to game? Even at 4K?

Ok so, if anyone has money floating around and want to get me one on release day. All I say is, I won't refuse it.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

"GTX TITAN Black is the ultimate gaming GPU for a pure gaming experience—the perfect balance of sleek design, uncompromising performance, and state-of-the-art technologies."

Sure, because that's the actual GeForce line-up. See, this is what happens what you price your products competitively, it drives competition and we all benefit from it. The Titan does the exact oposite of that. And the "kick in the face" is the fact that it'll hold back specific models of their future cards, people who wanted a top of th eline gaming GPU were obviously buying the 780ti, but they never got a 6GB version because that would cannibalize the titan sales. It's like saying "we market this as a developer card but you all know that it's just a 780ti with more VRAM, so cough up another 400 bucks for that extra VRAM or shut up".

Oh, then you'll at least get the full package now. That's a plus, I guess.

I't doesn't even affect me, I just feel bad for the people who want an actual gaming GPU (at a non-retarded pricepoint) and might run SLI (so they probably want more memory). That's called empathy, shitty business practices piss me off even if they don't directly affect me, but I guess that's impossible to understand for someone who can't stop provoking other people and trying to mock them over the choice of a slab of silicone.

This would be a pretty good example of that behaviour.

Price points are. Never retarded. In economies with no price floors producers are always after satisfying equilibrium price because that is the sweet spot for sales revenue. Market segmentation allows them to better suit more diverse demand structures. If the price point was stupid, no one would buy. Even at $3000 a fair number of Titan Zs were sold. Just because you're not willing to pay the asking price for a product doesn't mean no one is. Producers very quickly adapt prices to their respective markets if they overshoot or undershoot on expected demand vs. real demand.

AMD knows it doesn't have the prestige of Nvidia and thus sells more cheaply to try to capture marketshare and get the name prestige to eventually be able to increase prices closer to parity with competitors to get better profit margins. If the market dominance rolls were switched it would be Nvidia selling cheap. To assume any different is to forget supply, demand, and elasticity.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I never said it was. :D Also talking about titan z compared to 295x2. Huge price gap if your talking about value.

When the 295X2 was about £1500, one 290X cost about £400. That's about the same value for 295X2 as with the Titan Z, with the whole "1+1=3" logic. It's worse, actually, but whatever.

"GTX TITAN Black is the ultimate gaming GPU for a pure gaming experience—the perfect balance of sleek design, uncompromising performance, and state-of-the-art technologies."

And you'd have to be a twit to buy into that marketing. Titan Blacks were poor people's Quadros. You could get your DP and your rendering without the insurance of ECC. As a bonus it games well. It's primarily a card for HPC researchers within the CUDA framework.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

When the 295X2 was about £1500, one 290X cost about £400. That's about the same value for 295X2 as with the Titan Z, with the whole "1+1=3" logic. It's worse, actually, but whatever.

I'm not talking about other cards. I'm talking about 295x2 and Titan Z only. That is why I did not mention other cards. Also talking about today's market price for them.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

And you'd have to be a twit to buy into that marketing. Titan Blacks were poor people's Quadros. You could get your DP and your rendering without the insurance of ECC. As a bonus it games well. It's primarily a card for HPC researchers within the CUDA framework.

Then they should probably make up their mind about this card at some point. To say one thing and then go "oh, you really believed that? Wow, you must be stupid" just shows ignorance and one of the major issues with Nvidia right now, their arrogance. If you want to make a gaming card then don't try to upsell us some functions that are irrelevant to gaming. And if you want to make a cheap workstation card without ECC memory then don't call it a gaming card and cripple ACTUAL gaming cards because they might conflict and cannibalize the sales of that card.

Price points are. Never retarded. In economies with no price floors producers are always after satisfying equilibrium price because that is the sweet spot for sales revenue. Market segmentation allows them to better suit more diverse demand structures. If the price point was stupid, no one would buy. Even at $3000 a fair number of Titan Zs were sold. Just because you're not willing to pay the asking price for a product doesn't mean no one is. Producers very quickly adapt prices to their respective markets if they overshoot or undershoot on expected demand vs. real demand.

AMD knows it doesn't have the prestige of Nvidia and thus sells more cheaply to try to capture marketshare and get the name prestige to eventually be able to increase prices closer to parity with competitors to get better profit margins. If the market dominance rolls were switched it would be Nvidia selling cheap. To assume any different is to forget supply, demand, and elasticity.

Oh I know that the roles would be reversed, and I also know that there is a market for the Titan. I don't have a problem with the Titan as a GPU, I have a problem with its marketing, with the confusion and the bs that it's spreading and with the fact that it influences other GPUs that are not related to it in some way. If someone wants to blow 1000 bucks on a single GPU then they can totally do that, but the fact that this GPU might impact and hold back or cripple other GPUs or variations of them in the next, actual gaming line-up is not acceptable in my book.

Exactly its all a matter of perspective. If you're an average consumer looking for a decently priced high-end gpu that will run all the latest AAA titles at full details at 1080p 60fps a 980 is more than enough and a 1000$ + Titan X will of course look stupidly priced to you. For workstation professionals and hardcore enthusiasts who are already running 4K surround could care less about the cost because its well within their budget.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

People seem to forget this a lot. Nvidia benefited EVERYONE by making it so that AMD was forced to make their FLAGSHIP series of cards tank in price. I don't agree with the 290 as a solution for all builds but you're getting flagship performance for 250 (on average) and even the 8GB versions will have to drop in price soon enough.

It's mutual. AMD forces Nvidia and Nvidia forces AMD. Who said you need only 18829282GB monster cards to game? Even at 4K?

At this point nVidia is a pretty far away ahead, though. If AMD came up with something big, we'd actually see performance improvements. nVidia came in and competed with price, but that's also good for them because 970 is a lot cheaper to make than a high-end Kepler. If there was more competition, the 970 would take the place of 280X / 285 in it's respective lineup.

Marketed for them. It was showcased with an Unreal Engine demo, not Maya.

-B838A732D6C5AC22C5CE835CECE0FAD93AAF92E

The card is weird anyhow. It doesn't include the ECC ram which a lot of DP-related tasks need. A lot of the rendering tasks and such you're going to make with SP instead, so the only thing that'll benefit you over the gaming card is the VRAM - and I bet the announcement of a 1080 12GB is going to take ages.

I use Blender Cycles so I have to use nVidia. I'd just much rather see them releasing the gaming cards first, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have supply to do it just quite yet. Or maybe they wait for competition first - 780 launched a month after 290X.

I wonder how much will the drivers be left into the dust this time around. The cost has ramped up, and the dollar is up... I'm in the market for a high-end nVidia GPU, but this isn't quite it.

The best part is people will actually buy this.

Its so hilariously pointless. It's just a 980Ti (or whatever they call it) with twice the VRAM and less butchered DP support. Except it has no ECC.... anyone working with DP will want ECC, and pretty much every application of DP will want people to use a quadro ANYWAY just for the professional drivers, which is what you pay for when you get a quadro.

The only people who buy titans are ignorant or just have too much money, there is always a better alternative.

It's even funnier too because nvidia's marketing team has done a GREAT job of fooling people into arguing over "its a gaming card, its not a gaming card" and somehow avoiding the fact that this is literally the most overpriced thing EVER. It is a gaming card, since it has no ECC and no professionally certified drivers, they even market it as a gaming card, but also market it as a "professional GPU" on the side in places that informed people look, in order to put two opinions across, so people argue over it! It's a genius work of social engineering thats for a fact.

AMD cards have less butchered DP support on pretty much all their cards, do that somehow mean that those cards are now "professional" GPU's (but not really, we market them as gaming, but not really gaming! ARGUE OVER IT BUT JUST GIVE ME MONEY)?

NO.

#AMDrekt

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

You do know AMD exists.

I was speaking in terms of Nvidia. What AMD does is their own thing. The new Titan WILL hold back advancements on the Nvidia side since they wont want to get close to their shinny new Titan in terms of performance, because if they do at any significant lower cost people would purchase the newer card over the Titan so the Titan would lose out on sales. I would be willing to bet we won't see any card from Nvidia come within 20-25% of the performance of the new Titan at least till next generation. 

Then they should probably make up their mind about this card at some point. To say one thing and then go "oh, you really believed that? Wow, you must be stupid" just shows ignorance and one of the major issues with Nvidia right now, their arrogance. If you want to make a gaming card then don't try to upsell us some functions that are irrelevant to gaming. And if you want to make a cheap workstation card without ECC memory then don't call it a gaming card and cripple ACTUAL gaming cards because they might conflict and cannibalize the sales of that card.

Oh I know that the roles would be reversed, and I also know that there is a market for the Titan. I don't have a problem with the Titan as a GPU, I have a problem with its marketing, with the confusion and the bs that it's spreading and with the fact that it influences other GPUs that are not related to it in some way. If someone wants to blow 1000 bucks on a single GPU then they can totally do that, but the fact that this GPU might impact and hold back or cripple other GPUs or variations of them in the next, actual gaming line-up is not acceptable in my book.

Except it doesn't hold anything back. The 780 and titan were within a month of each other. Same with the TI and TB. The thing is the titan gets DP and extra memory, something that at the time no games needed (if you're using 4GB of RAM at 1440p or lower the developers are doing it wrong and you can prove this with memory use profiling. If the entire framebuffer is filled up but only 25% of it is being addressed in the span of a minute, then it's loaded down with junk it doesn't need to hold at that point in time). Scientific computing workloads are generally the only ones which use that much memory, and with good reason. A lot of optimization work goes into the algorithms in addition to having huge data sets to deal with. The same is true of rendering. Gaming very rarely is so high performance as to actually NEED more than 1.5-2GB in the frame buffer at a time even at 1440p +4x AA.

Just because the game uses it doesn't mean it should or even does so optimally.

3072 MAXWELL CUDA CORESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

prepare to pay 2000+ dollars for one..... titans are more workstation than gaming cards...

AMD Rig - (Upgraded): FX 8320 @ 4.8 Ghz, Corsair H100i GTX, ROG Crosshair V Formula, Ghz, 16 GB 1866 Mhz Ram, Msi R9 280x Gaming 3G @ 1150 Mhz, Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB, Win 10 Home

(My first Intel + Nvidia experience  - recently bought ) : MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G ( i7 6820HK, 16 GB RAM, 980M SLI, GSync, 1080p , 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD... FeelsGoodMan

I was speaking in terms of Nvidia. What AMD does is their own thing. The new Titan WILL hold back advancements on the Nvidia side since they wont want to get close to their shinny new Titan in terms of performance, because if they do at any significant lower cost people would purchase the newer card over the Titan so the Titan would lose out on sales. I would be willing to bet we won't see any card from Nvidia come within 20-25% of the performance of the new Titan at least till next generation. 

This is completely incorrect for a number of reasons. The original titan and 780 released within a month or two of each other. The Titan is equipped with full DP support. The 780 has 1/32 performance support only. The Titan is meant to be a poor man's quadro capable of both scientific computing/rendering and gaming, but without the costly insurance of ECC memory. they're pretty much HPC research tools at a discount over the Tesla/Quadro lines. If you want to practice doing high-end CUDA algorithm development, you'd much rather pay $1000 for the top Stream Processor count available than $3000 or $4000.

Titans do not hold back gaming at all. In fact the very idea we need 4GB or 6+ for gaming is absolutely ludicrous. Run a memory utilization profiler on your GPU and watch how much of those 4GB are actually being accessed per minute despite being filled up. It's around 25-35% per minute for modern AAA games. between 1 and 2GB even in 1440p with 4x AA. That should tell you something about bad design and memory management. Scientific computing and rendering actually use all of that memory clock by clock doing huge parallel transforms of the whole data set. Games right now leave a ton of textures and unnecessary data sitting around despite being nowhere near a part of the game which could use them.

Just as with people's complaints about Intel's "small" performance gains, quit your bellyaching. It's the fault of software makers for sucking (focusing on legacy support in the case of CPU programs and just bad overall design in GPU programs).

prepare to pay 2000+ dollars for one..... titans are more workstation than gaming cards...

$1350 is the current buzzing MSRP rumor.

$1350 is the current buzzing MSRP rumor.

rumors... still twice as much as the 980

AMD Rig - (Upgraded): FX 8320 @ 4.8 Ghz, Corsair H100i GTX, ROG Crosshair V Formula, Ghz, 16 GB 1866 Mhz Ram, Msi R9 280x Gaming 3G @ 1150 Mhz, Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB, Win 10 Home

(My first Intel + Nvidia experience  - recently bought ) : MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G ( i7 6820HK, 16 GB RAM, 980M SLI, GSync, 1080p , 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD... FeelsGoodMan

two of these could do triple 4k gaems

:D

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III