Nvidia just posted this on Twitter: This is TITAN X

Jobbe03

Yayyyy I can finally start on my next pc build! As soon as its actually released that is... As long as its under 1500 its within budget.  Buuut I'm thinking 1000-1200 is a more realistic price.

If this beast has a noticable performance improvement over the 980, I will try as hard as I can to get my hands on one of those bad boys.

For gaming don't count on it. Its a gimped workstation card, not a gaming card like Nvidia wants you to think.

It's "overpriced" compared to a gaming card of any consumer grade and it's made for doubling as a workstation card (vice versa). Your signature reveals the nature of your field, so just because you feel the need to prod the forum with "lul stupid plebs have no money" doesn't make them any less wrong that this isn't a card for the masses in any respect. It's not a "gaming enthusiast" platform, it's a niche market with a premium price tag ERGO it's value is, yes, crappy in comparison.

Nitpick - comma before 'therefore'

I would go as far as saying that it has nothing to do with ones economic status and all to do with priorities and common sense. For instance, I could easily afford a Titan X on launch if I wanted one but the fact is I can get similar (if not better) performance for gaming (as unless you are doing the like of seriously video rendering or 3D modeling/graphics you wont need the workstation aspect of this card) performance out of other single card options (980 or more than likely 390x) if not better for less than half the so far rumored price.

Now for a home workstation card it wouldn't' be half bad seeing the price of it compared to Firepro and Quaddro cards but if you are a professional (i.e. you are in a business needing workstation cards or own said business) you wouldn't buy this card as its too gimped compared to Firepro and Quaddro cards.

Even coming from me yes it is an overpriced gaming card as why would I spend upwards of 1000 USD when I could get similar if not better performance out of a 980 for 600 USD?

so not the 5 or 10 people saying they are going to buy one

/clap

you understood something, gratz

We never got a 6GB 780ti because that would cannibalize Titan sales. We didn't get an early 780 (not the same core count, I know, but similar enough) because of the original Titan. You know, actual gaming GPUs that don't cost 1000 bucks because of features that are irrelevant to gaming.

I find it interesting that on the box says "Inspired by gamers, built by Nvidia" Hopefully it will be a card without the production orientated features. They will probably keep the features to justify the price anyway.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

For gaming don't count on it. Its a gimped workstation card, not a gaming card like Nvidia wants you to think.

Uhm wha? No huge performance gains over the 980? Oo. The chip is GM200 instead of GM204, die size is a lot bigger so more cuda cores, there's your proof.

On the other side "it's a gaming card, not a workstation card nvidia wants you to think". Which one is it? Both. It lacks the things Patrick mentioned for compute, it wouldn't make any sense spraying 980's black and selling it for twice as much without offering tons more gaming performance. A Titan card doesn't necessarily have to be a workstation card, I'd be more thinking Nvidia is leaning more towards a pure gaming card this time.

Lol, Sweeney looks as if he was pulled straight from the 80s.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

The TITAN X is still Maxwell. It has 50% more shaders than the GTX 980 which means you can expect it to perform along the lines of SLI GTX 970 as a single GPU solution.

But can it run Far Cry?

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

@Arct1c0n

I gave it my best shot, Photoshop is hard when you haven't done it in a while aha

KuV1TyA.jpg

Hmm, is possible to shade/smooth just the green a bit more vs applying an entire red filter?

oh my.... it's so sexy

prepare for 980ti

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

Hmm, is possible to shade/smooth just the green a bit more vs applying an entire red filter?

i don't understand 

Edit: what are you looking for exactly 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

the card I've been waiting for , hopefully AMD doesn't just stand around and mind their own business. 

PM0zodL_700wa_0.gif

Come on AMD I need to see a GOD card from you guys.

yes, pun intended sue me :P

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

i don't understand

Sorry, guess I meant the other guy applied a red filter to entire image which kinda looks over kill were as Victorias secret tried to apply red over just green but I see artifacting and some green still. Maybe it's possible to smooth it out a bit and cover up remaining green? Just curious is all because it makes a kick ass wallpaper even though I'll never own one

Sorry, guess I meant the other guy applied a red filter to entire image which kinda looks over kill were as Victorias secret tried to apply red over just green but I see artifacting and some green still. Maybe it's possible to smooth it out a bit and cover up remaining green? Just curious is all because it makes a kick ass wallpaper even though I'll never own one

i can assure you , there is no Green left in the image which i sent to you,since i suppressed all Green values, what exactly are you looking for ? 

post-21562-0-87128200-1425547751_thumb.p

Edit: i am the other guy ? , and no, i did not just apply a red filter, i replaced all Green values to Red

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I bet the price will be insanely high!

I hope it really glows green, that would be so friggin' awesome. :D

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I think they fucked up on the design. A completely black (or grey, whatever) shroud just makes it look like the older 580 coolers. If all they can do to make it more interesting is change the colour and maybe add some cheap green LEDs that only go with green builds, they should just design a new shroud altogether. That would be nice, since they've used that design... How many times, exactly? Too many times, IMO.

Edit: They've got the money to do it, so why not?

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

@Arct1c0n that'll be all. 

ZAztrwY.jpg

11028332_10204765943007555_1236696182_o.

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

I think they fucked up on the design. A completely black (or grey, whatever) shroud just makes it look like the older 580 coolers. If all they can do to make it more interesting is change the colour and maybe add some cheap green LEDs that only go with green builds, they should just design a new shroud altogether. That would be nice, since they've used that design... How many times, exactly? Too many times, IMO.

Edit: They've got the money to do it, so why not?

Why don't you go apply to their design team?

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

But can it run Far Cry?

You could better ask, can it run AC: Unity :P.

or have those problems been solved..

I'm not expecting this chip series to be very cheap. Using the fact that the other maxwell chips have a density of 13M transistors per square mm. It will possibly be 615mm2. Over TSMC comfort zone.

FX-8120 | ASUS Crosshair V Formula | G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | Club3D Radeon R9 290 RoyalAce |Thermaltake Chaser MkIII | 128GB M4 Crucial + 2TB HDD storage | Cooler Master 850M | Scythe Mugen 3 | Corsair Strafe RGB | Logitech G500

"inspired by gamers. built by nvidia."

inb4 "guuuuuuuuuuuuyyyssss this isnt a card ment for gaaaaminggggggg"

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Finally! A true budget card.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

There is still no way it won't outperform the 980 easily. Just on pure GPU specs the stock Titan X will smash an overclocked 980. Then factor in how overclockable the Titan X will be due to die size, there's no contest.

That said, the very few instances where someone would buy a Titan X for gaming are all UHD and up. The 4GB on a 980 is not enough, but likewise the 12GB of the Titan X is bordering on too much. The first 6GB-8GB card (not counting the aging and overpriced Titan/ Black) will make the Titan X an irrelevant choice for UHD+ gaming as well.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.