AM3+ Recommendation

Can anyone recommend a good AM3+ motherboard. My current AM2/AM3 board just died(I explain a bit about my situation here) and I'm looking to get a new board but can't decide which one to go for. I'm not looking for anything with a really high price, somewhere in the below £120/$187 range. Any suggestions?

AMD FX-4100(Temporary), MSI 990FXA-GD65, 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3, MSI 7950 Twin Frozr 3GD5/OC, MSI Radeon HD 5450, Asus Xonar DGX, M4 128GB SSD, 1TB Seagate Baracuda HDD, 250GB Hitachi HDD, CoolerMaster Silent Pro 700W PSU, CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Corsair H50

Well most of the boards I've been looking at are 140w or 125w.

AMD FX-4100(Temporary), MSI 990FXA-GD65, 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3, MSI 7950 Twin Frozr 3GD5/OC, MSI Radeon HD 5450, Asus Xonar DGX, M4 128GB SSD, 1TB Seagate Baracuda HDD, 250GB Hitachi HDD, CoolerMaster Silent Pro 700W PSU, CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Corsair H50

Well most of the boards I've been looking at are 140w or 125w.

Ok I guess a better question would be, what is your CPU.

My current build is in my signature but if you look at my other post I linked to, I explain what my intentions are, but basically I was looking to upgrade further on down the line ideally when steamroller comes out and based on what it delivers. Unfortunately my mobo died on me the other day so I have been considering a doing a split upgrade, where I would by a new motherboard, cpu, ram and internal storage now and this will tide me over and still give me the option to add/upgrade other things later on like getting a better CPU, adding an ssd, more ram, etc.

MSI 990FXA-GD65. It's currently 120$ on NCIX.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

I have narrowed it down to either the MSI 990FXA-GD65, ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 or M5A99FX PRO R2.0.

I'd go with the MSI :)

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

The best 990fx boards for around 140$ right now are the Gigabyte UD3 & the Asus pro.

990fx MSI boards have issues with voltage tweaking when overclocking, so I'd avoid those.

Asrock boards usually have poor cooling which in turn results in poor overclocks .

From the options you've listed I'd definitely go with the Asus pro .

However if I wasn't locked to the options mentioned above, I'd go with the gigabyte 990fx UD3, for it's BIOS features + the ability to disable one core per module on FX CPUs .

It's also a tad cheaper than the Asus 990fx pro .

Dammit TechFan@ic!!! You're about 12hrs too late I pulled the trigger and got an MSI board. :(

The best 990fx boards for around 140$ right now are the Gigabyte UD3 & the Asus pro.

990fx MSI boards have issues with voltage tweaking when overclocking, so I'd avoid those.

Asrock boards usually have poor cooling which in turn results in poor overclocks .

From the options you've listed I'd definitely go with the Asus pro .

However if I wasn't locked to the options mentioned above, I'd go with the gigabyte 990fx UD3, for it's BIOS features + the ability to disable one core per module on FX CPUs .

It's also a tad cheaper than the Asus 990fx pro .

Damn that Gigabyte board is sexy as ****. Just found out which board I'm getting when I do a little upgrade.

Dammit TechFan@ic!!! You're about 12hrs too late I pulled the trigger and got an MSI board. :(
Ohh T_T sorry man, time difference .

The voltage bug is only on the FX processors, so you shouldn't have much trouble.

It's also BIOS tied, so if MSI release a BIOS update expect the bug to be fixed .

That's ok. I'll look into it and see if there is a fix.

asus formula V-Z top of the line just came out

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since.