Looking for a new router

alphafox

Hi everyone,

New to the forums and after much deliberation I decided that this would be my first post. I recently moved to a new place that is about double the size of my last apartment. I have an old belkin N wireless router (Belkin F5D8236 v1) that has served me well, but with my Desktop, laptop, PS3, and Tablet all over the place I just don't have enough power or range to cover both floors. After some research I've been looking at the new AC wireless routers but I want to make sure that I have enough power in whatever router I choose. Any suggestions would be appreciated and the lower the cost the better as I'm simultaneously saving up for a new build sometime in the next year or so.

Thanks in advance,

Alpha

Core i5 4670k | Z87 Sabertooth | Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB @  1866 MHz | EVGA GTX 580 Superclocked | Cooler Master HAF 932 | Corsair HX750 | Samsung 840 Pro 120 GB  | Western Digital  1 TB Black | Crucial M3 60GB | Corsair H100i

ASUS have all sorts of routers with excellent support and features

Thanks for the brand advice, I've been looking at the two below (see links) but haven't been able to come to a decision yet.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833162077&IsVirtualParent=1

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320157

Core i5 4670k | Z87 Sabertooth | Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB @  1866 MHz | EVGA GTX 580 Superclocked | Cooler Master HAF 932 | Corsair HX750 | Samsung 840 Pro 120 GB  | Western Digital  1 TB Black | Crucial M3 60GB | Corsair H100i

both are excellent routers as speed and realiability goes, you just know need to choose what features do you prefer from one over the other

both are excellent routers as speed and realiability goes, you just know need to choose what features do you prefer from one over the other

Thanks, I'm mostly trying to decide between the USB 3.0 port on the Buffalo router or the fact that Asus software is significantly better. I am considering DD-WRT eventually but the possibility of a bricked router is a bit off putting.

yes, I belive that Buffalo comes with DD-WRT preinstalled and Asus router too, but they a better graphicar interface of DD-WRT that they call ASUSWRT I think, but, search if that USB 3.0 really increases Shared USB speed