Water cooled Bitfenix Prodigy (no 64k!)

MG2R
Thanks for all the nice comments!

As promised: an update...

I swapped out all of the fans in my system for noctua's (three NF-F12 and one NF-S12B) to make the whole system more silent. This worked quite well, except for the fact that now the PSU fan was VERY noticeable. The CX600 makes an irritating rattling noise. So I went back to the store , picked up another NF-F12, and put that inside the CX600. Result: a damn near inaudible system! Seriously, this thing is quiet!!

I shot a video of the PSU modding process:

"So whats next?", you might ask. Well, I'm thinking about delidding my 3570K... But I'm not sure if I should just replace the TIM, or go ahead and try to mount my waterblock directly on te die... What's your take on this guys (and gals)? Should I do it, or not? And if I do it, how do I mount it?

PS: How the hell do I get a poll into this thing? :p

Damn, you look like me, I only have longer beard and hair :D

I swapped out all of the fans in my system for noctua's (three NF-F12 and one NF-S12B) to make the whole system more silent. This worked quite well, except for the fact that now the PSU fan was VERY noticeable. The CX600 makes an irritating rattling noise. So I went back to the store , picked up another NF-F12, and put that inside the CX600. Result: a damn near inaudible system! Seriously, this thing is quiet!!

"So whats next?", you might ask. Well, I'm thinking about delidding my 3570K... But I'm not sure if I should just replace the TIM, or go ahead and try to mount my waterblock directly on te die... What's your take on this guys (and gals)? Should I do it, or not? And if I do it, how do I mount it?

Good build mate, and video too.

About the TIM for your 3570k if you delid it I would recommend Liquid Pro or Liquid Ultra, it is the best you can get. And for mounting you just put the chip then the ihs and with the mounting bracket it stays all in place.

Sorry for my english :)

Yeah, but I'm thinking about not using the IHS...

Big update

I delidded my 3570k! I took the leap and mounted my water block directly to the die!

As with the previous update, I made a video (click dat shizzle :D ) about the whole process, but here is a picture of a delidded 3570k:

SDC13115.JPG

In summary: I broke my memory controller, so now I can only use one of the two dimm slots on my motherboard. I don't mind it much, though

Big update

I delidded my 3570k! I took the leap and mounted my water block directly to the die!

As with the previous update, I made a video (click dat shizzle :D ) about the whole process, but here is a picture of a delidded 3570k:

SDC13115.JPG

In summary: I broke my memory controller, so now I can only use one of the two dimm slots on my motherboard. I don't mind it much, though

You should replace the thermal paste with AS5 or MX4. It would give better results!

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Big update

SDC13115.JPG

How would adding the IHS again in any way give better results in terms of cooling?

i have seen some pic of people flipping the mother board so it was on it side like a normal case and putting a matx board in a prodigy it was amazing

thats a nice build, kinda what i am going for my next build
haha want to but i dont think my lady would be too happy if i have 3 PCs