Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bioquack

water block instalation.

Posted · Original PosterOP

ok well i am in the process of installing my water blocks on my gtx 670 ftw 4gb editions. well when i was trying to install the waterblock with the back plate that came with my gpu i was only able to install 6 of the screws. the ones around the gpu core and two of the corners where the backplate doesnt cover. so what should i do. there is ram on the back of the gpu. should i just not use the backplate. or run the block with only the 6 screws that are in. atm.  i am installing a aquacomputer gtx 680 block on the card. 

Luckily for you I have the exact same card lol.

Bring one of the silver screws to the hardware store, I found mine at ACE Hardware, and ask them for a slightly longer screw. Make sure you use the plastic washers on all the screws.

And you'll want all the screws in it to apply even pressure throughout the block.

EDIT:

Don't know if your screws are silver but just bring whatever screw came with the block and find some slightly longer ones. I was basing what I said off the EK block I had installed.

ok so grab some screws from ace. that are a little longer then this.

i think these are m4s. right?

I think that's what they are.

You can always bring the whole thing down there and make sure you get the right screw. I know with the EK block and backplate the screws just had to be slightly longer for the outer screws to go through.

well they were m3s 10mm but sadly i thought i only needed 4 but i needed 5 so i sadly i have to go back.... sadface. such a waist of gas.

EDit: sadly i just looked it up and i and screwed till tommorow. since they just colosed a few min ago. ( pardon the pun)

well they were m3s 10mm but sadly i thought i only needed 4 but i needed 5 so i sadly i have to go back.... sadface. such a waist of gas.

EDit: sadly i just looked it up and i and screwed till tommorow. since they just colosed a few min ago. ( pardon the pun)

You'll be fine missing a single screw. I'm missing one for one of my cards since I lost it. I've had no issues with it.

You'll be fine missing a single screw. I'm missing one for one of my cards since I lost it. I've had no issues with it.

i found a few screws around the house that is almost the dame length and got out some washers i had for the rads and got them all screwed in. ^.^