Asus Maximus V GENE PCIE Combo card..WTF?

Hello again guys, recently..well more like a month ago i bought a ASUS ROG Maximus V Gene M-ATX motherboard and it came with a PCIE combo card (ill add a photo for you to see) but basically i was wondering what i could use it for. I know that it can have an SSD in there for cache but im not totaly sure on how cache works so im like o.0, also there alot slower then normal SSD's i have one in my case already.

Thanks for all your help :)

[h=1][ATTACH=CONFIG]n2573[/ATTACH][/h]

i may be wrong, but i think that in the reviews they said that you can use the msata port on newer mobos to boot from. i have seen other boards that when the msata slot is occupied with an msata ssd, the #2 sata port on your board is disabled to drive the msata ssd.

Please, someone with more knowledge on this feel free to correct any errors i have made. :)

There is a msata connection, that works in SATA 2.0 3Gb/s, and is slower than your current SSD. There is also another slot, a mpci-e one, that you can use for a WI-FI/Bluetooth card.

Thank you guys for your input, was just checking overall to see what to do to be honest i may just take it out as im not gonna use anything on it