Intel vs AMD Stock CPU Coolers

I kinda saw that conclusion coming and I'm glad you guys could do something with some of the many stock coolers I'm sure you have lying around your office. Also I would like to see what the best price to performance after cooler is.

Please review the after-market cooling price:performance. :lol:

it would be nice to know about air vs air = best air vs mid Water cooler (like dust repellent, spin speeds vs temp, longest life, gadget like)

When i'm not playing PC games i'm playing with my PC parts  Fans,Pumps,Filters,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

I'd love to see a vid about the price/performance on aftermarket coolers! Maybe include some info on overclockability with AIO watercoolers/aircoolers?

I bought my GELID Tranquillo rev. 2 used for 12€ with an Arctic F12 fan. I bought a used Noctua NF-S12 and put that behind it as an exhaust out of the case. I could still sell the Arctic F12 as I'm not using it. My CPU is at about 30°C at idle and max. 60°C with a room temp of roughly 20°C. All of that with a fan running at 460RPM.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

Is aftermarket cooling worth it for price/performance in early 2015 and if so how much should you really invest ?

If you're getting a Unlocked processor and a above average Motherboard for it , yes it does worth going for something better then a CM 212 Evo , for something like a NH-D14/15 . (i'ma get the NH-D14 next .. even tho i have a R9 270x gpu , that will get upgraded when the apropriate FreeSync monitors will be in abundance)

CPU : i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Cooler : NH-D14 | GPU : Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 [OC] | MB : Asus Z87-Pro | RAM : A-DATA 8GB 1600Mhz CL9 XPG Black | SSD : 850Evo 250GB

Price for performance of aftermarket air coolers would be awesome, and knowing if the money is worth it would be great. I think they're worth it, but I don't go above 25 bucks... So I'd love to know if my hunch is right!

Should have included fan speed and noise level. Last time I used an AMD cooler I thought someone had snuck a beehive into my tower.

Intel Core i7 4790K >> MSI Z87I Gaming AC (MS-7887) >> G.Skill Ripjaws 2133 16GB >> Zotac GTX 980 >> Corsair 250D >> Samsung 840 Evo 250GB >> OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W >> Acer K2 27" Widescreen LED Monitor  (K272HLBMID) >> Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 MX Brown Switch Red RGB LED 87KEYS Mechanical Keyboard >> Mionix Avior 7000 >> HyperX Cloud

I prefer intel because my amd stock cooler for my phenom II and even the FX coolers are so loud i coudlnt sleep with my pc on at night.

Or use open headphones.

AMD ref coolers are turbines , i have had first hand experience with that.

I prefer intel because my amd stock cooler for my phenom II and even the FX coolers are so loud i coudlnt sleep with my pc on at night.

Or use open headphones.

They're more aesthetically pleasing tho.

3088798300_1339361850.jpg ab54875.jpg

Intel one make me cringe

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

I think it was kind of obvious that amd ships with better coolers but anyway i would really like the cooler video to see if it's worth it!

Luke read my mind! I am in the process of buying a cooler for my i7 5820K and not quite solve, especially because I have one NZXT H230 and that does not accept towers more than 155 mm, and the largest AIO allows is the corsair H80. I use Avid and i will be stressin de CPU quite a lot.

AKA Link0712 on Twitch/WAN Show

Luke, your wrapup is wrong and here is why:

The AMD fx Stock fan (the one with the heatpipes) has a BIG BIG issue; The stock fan on the stock cooler has a diode in it, which controls speeds indepentant of the pwm or voltage regulated by the Mobo. Thus if you boot up the system, 25% speed is 600RPM and 100% is 3500.

But if the diode reports high tempreatures 25% is 2500 and 1000% somewhere around 7000rpm. (which is loud as crap btw)

So, me being a naive quite system enthusiast, setup a fan curve for the stock cooler, after testing it for some time. 40% seemed like fast enough to cool it on load. Guess what, reboot a day later, start gaming and the fan runs at only 1000RPM, while the CPU cooks at 80ish degrees.

SO, DO NOT USE IT, its INCOMPATIBLE with many setups and will completely destroy ANY consistency you might expect.

I run my AMD fx-8350 on an H212 on 4,7ghz 24/7, whisper quite on idle, so aftermarket is still the goto for any reasonable build. (ps: i kinda won the silicon lottery)

I have never had this happen to me. Is it not a standard fan?

Can you not replace the fan?.

Terve!
No question. Of course I want to know more about it!

I have PCs that are liquid cooled, knowing that it will not halp at all.

But how much should I invest, if a friend wants to build a PC?

So, yes: definitely interesting.

Sayonara!

A stock vs "budget" aftermarket coolers would be a great video.

I know after market wins, but by how much?

Since when has LTT Standardized anything?

:P

Using Noctua fans in all there heat sinks and radiators tests, does that ring a bell ??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Or use open headphones.

I disagree, the fan on my Athlon X2 II is pretty good, if it's too noisy use fan speed it really helps, set a custom carve.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I disagree, the fan on my Athlon X2 II is pretty good, if it's too noisy use fan speed it really helps, set a custom carve.

The one in the phenom II is different i think.

I just know its pretty loud after 5 years of using it Q_Q.

If i lowered the fan I would burn the cpu.

Celeron, Pentium and i3's stock coolers don't have copper base

Athlon X2 II 245 doesn't have a cooper base too, I think this test is flawed, as the stock cooler in the i7 4770K is different from the one in the G3258 and i3 4130, I think if they got more Intel coolers it would have been better.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

The one in the phenom II is different i think.

I just know its pretty loud after 5 years of using it Q_Q.

If i lowered the fan I would burn the cpu.

Clean that thing from dust, it may not look like it has dust but trust me AMD cpu cooler hide dust inside.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Too bad AMD's stock coolers look awful; at least Intel's cooler looks decent.

I disagree.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ