What brand camera / medium do you use?

LemonSpice

then ensure getting a(n) adapter for nikon or canon lenses, since sony lenses are very underperforming or just way to expensive for the amount you have to pay.

I agree, this is the main reason why I can't fully commit to switching to mirrorless because of the lack of available gears they support like 3rd party lenses. I was thinking about getting an adapter so I can use the nikon lenses I have on the mirroless but getting a good one where you can use all the features of the lens are also a bit expensive.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

but you can adapter many lenses and film lenses to them

i suggested a nikon or canon adapter mostly because the person already has a nikon DSLR, which means nikon would be more convenient, but i also suggested canon because for some reason people with sony mirrorless(like the a7s) seem to have these already or give preference to them.

I agree, this is the main reason why I can't fully commit to switching to mirrorless because of the lack of available gears they support like 3rd party lenses. I was thinking about getting an adapter so I can use the nikon lenses I have on the mirroless but getting a good one where you can use all the features of the lens are also a bit expensive.

yeah, i would personally suggest getting a metabone, but allows for AF and is of high quality. although they are just as expensive as a new lens.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I use a nikon S6200 point and shoot, and a sony xperia Z3. I really would like to get a canon 600D or Nikon D5300 at some point, but at the moment I just can't afford it.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I use a nikon S6200 point and shoot, and a sony xperia Z3. I really would like to get a canon 600D or Nikon D5300 at some point, but at the moment I just can't afford it.

Have you looked for second-hand ones? Ones in decent condition can be even over 100€ cheaper than as new (heck, you could even get a kit as used for noticeably lower price than a new body only). Second-hand cameras aren't really bad, it depends on the condition of the product and the sellers though. My last 2 cameras have been second-hand bought and I have not been disappointed of neither for the price I have paid for them (112€ for the Canon 1000D about a year ago, and 285€ for the Sony RX100 about a month or two ago. Both work just as good as new, and the latter even looks as good as new, barely has any scratches). But of course buying as new gets it's benefits like warranty and surely a perfectly functioning product, but I'm just saying that you can get more with less when buying a camera second-handed.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Have you looked for second-hand ones? Ones in decent condition can be even over 100€ cheaper than as new (heck, you could even get a kit as used for noticeably lower price than a new body only). Second-hand cameras aren't really bad, it depends on the condition of the product and the sellers though. My last 2 cameras have been second-hand bought and I have not been disappointed of neither for the price I have paid for them (112€ for the Canon 1000D about a year ago, and 285€ for the Sony RX100 about a month or two ago. Both work just as good as new, and the latter even looks as good as new, barely has any scratches). But of course buying as new gets it's benefits like warranty and surely a perfectly functioning product, but I'm just saying that you can get more with less when buying a camera second-handed.

I have thought about a second hand camera, I'm not worried about the issues of buying a used camera, its just the cost even used. I've got to finish building my rig first, then I need some new headphones, then I can look at a camera. My My and Nikon have served me well so far, I've got a pictures in the rate this picture thread and I've more to add after going to my local park today.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Update: my new lens arrived, Tamron 28-75 f2.8  for £330 I am SUPER impressed

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii