A Good Loop?

You could save a lot more if you weren't buying enough concentrate to drown a Giraffe and enough tubing to circle the globe lol!!!

XDD How much concentrate should I buy?

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

XDD How much concentrate should I buy?

At the most 4 but that's still a lot. Don't go overboard with that stuff because it smells like paint and can seriously jack your temps up. I had some and used one bottle and I could open my reservoir and get a contact high! My temps using that vs regular distiller water shot up 15c on my CPU and GPU at the time.

Personally, I think you should just get the dye instead of the concentrate. That way you use as much as you want to get the desired color instead of using an entire bottle at a time.

At the most 4 but that's still a lot. Don't go overboard with that stuff because it smells like paint and can seriously jack your temps up. I had some and used one bottle and I could open my reservoir and get a contact high! My temps using that vs regular distiller water shot up 15c on my CPU and GPU at the time.

Personally, I think you should just get the dye instead of the concentrate. That way you use as much as you want to get the desired color instead of using an entire bottle at a time.

But does it still increase my temps if I mixed 1 bottle (250mL) with 750 mL of distilled water?

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

But does it still increase my temps if I mixed 1 bottle (250mL) with 750 mL of distilled water?

It may. My temps were fine for a few days and then all of a sudden it shot up like crazy! I had to drain my loop and afterwards my temps were normal. I've had zero issues with his dyes but I'll never touch the concentrate stuff again.

If you want the white then you have no choice to buy that stuff.

It may have just been something I did wrong but who knows. All I know is it smelled like opening a paint can which can't be a good thing.

It may. My temps were fine for a few days and then all of a sudden it shot up like crazy! I had to drain my loop and afterwards my temps were normal. I've had zero issues with his dyes but I'll never touch the concentrate stuff again.

If you want the white then you have no choice to buy that stuff.

It may have just been something I did wrong but who knows. All I know is it smelled like opening a paint can which can't be a good thing.

Hm... What other colors go well with an MSI Xpower z87 motherboard? Mostly black, with yellow accents.

Hm... What other colors go well with an MSI Xpower z87 motherboard? Mostly black, with yellow accents.

Maybe red. How much of the yellow will be visible once all the cables and stuff is hooked up?

You can try doing the white concentrate but maybe buy 2 bottles instead. I noticed the color didn't change after using about half of it for a 420mm rad, CPU, GPU and 250ml tube res with a lot of tubing involved.

Maybe mix in one bottle for your entire loop and see if its the right color you want. To me the stuff seems like it needs way more water then what it tells you to use. The stuff is very thick! If you've ever seen paint in a can, the pastel is slightly thinner then that. It's more like a pastel paint you would use for painting.

Maybe red. How much of the yellow will be visible once all the cables and stuff is hooked up?

You can try doing the white concentrate but maybe buy 2 bottles instead. I noticed the color didn't change after using about half of it for a 420mm rad, CPU, GPU and 250ml tube res with a lot of tubing involved.

Maybe mix in one bottle for your entire loop and see if its the right color you want. To me the stuff seems like it needs way more water then what it tells you to use. The stuff is very thick! If you've ever seen paint in a can, the pastel is slightly thinner then that. It's more like a pastel paint you would use for painting.

Well, Singularity Computers uses the Ice White in most of his systems, and gets pretty nice temps. He has an ambient temperature of around 30C. He uses the recommended ratio, and it doesnt look really dense when he fills his systems... :unsure: Oh, here is the motherboard.

post-17906-0-92745500-1372792654.jpg

Maybe the white is different then the berry color one I used. It could very easily been an issue with it gunking my pump up.

All I know is the berry pastel I used was very thick. Whole milk would be a good comparison of how thick it was. Buy a couple bottles and see how it goes, maybe you'll have a lot better luck then I did. I originally wanted the white but I changed my mind at the last second.

Personally, I'm loving the UV green dye I'm using now. It just looks like awesome sauce at night! Plus, I get the illumination I want without it lighting my entire house up like a Christmas tree!!!

Maybe the white is different then the berry color one I used. It could very easily been an issue with it gunking my pump up.

All I know is the berry pastel I used was very thick. Whole milk would be a good comparison of how thick it was. Buy a couple bottles and see how it goes, maybe you'll have a lot better luck then I did. I originally wanted the white but I changed my mind at the last second.

Personally, I'm loving the UV green dye I'm using now. It just looks like awesome sauce at night! Plus, I get the illumination I want without it lighting my entire house up like a Christmas tree!!!

You were using the Berry Pastel? That looks really good in pictures... Does it look nice?

You were using the Berry Pastel? That looks really good in pictures... Does it look nice?

It looked cool till it jacked everything up. Mine was the more purple berry one since they were out of stock of the blueish one. I felt a little feminine having a purple dye but whatever lol.

Like I said, I think the UV adds a lot more to the overall look. The one thing about regular dye is you don't really notice it after awhile. It just looks like colored tubing. However the UV always looks cool because the entire inside is dark but all the tubing and reservoir glows. So you get the dye part during the day and then flip the UV lights on and it's a different feel. 2 in one special kinda thing.

It looked cool till it jacked everything up. Mine was the more purple berry one since they were out of stock of the blueish one. I felt a little feminine having a purple dye but whatever lol.

Like I said, I think the UV adds a lot more to the overall look. The one thing about regular dye is you don't really notice it after awhile. It just looks like colored tubing. However the UV always looks cool because the entire inside is dark but all the tubing and reservoir glows. So you get the dye part during the day and then flip the UV lights on and it's a different feel. 2 in one special kinda thing.

True.... After what you said about the Pastel, I've been looking for some good looking coolant. Not much luck as of now. Pastel still looks the best to me. I'm probably going to stick with the Ice White... If I get HUGE temp spikes, then I'll switch.

Yeah there's really not a lot out there. Regular dye just looks meh to me. I might give to pastel another try down the road if the UV doesn't work out:

I personally would go with different pumps/ run dual d5s. If you are going all out on the cooling parts, why not do it right the first time: Dual variable d5 with bitspower top. Otherwise the parts are pretty good. The SR1 are great rads from what I've read, although I went the alphacool UT60 route myself.

I personally would go with different pumps/ run dual d5s. If you are going all out on the cooling parts, why not do it right the first time: Dual variable d5 with bitspower top. Otherwise the parts are pretty good. The SR1 are great rads from what I've read, although I went the alphacool UT60 route myself.

Yeah, ive changed the pumps to the variable. Dual pumps aren't really necessary...

Yeah, ive changed the pumps to the variable. Dual pumps aren't really necessary...

A lot of that isn't necessary, but if you are swinging for the fences with your equipment, what is an extra 5% in cost?

A lot of that isn't necessary, but if you are swinging for the fences with your equipment, what is an extra 5% in cost?

I'm already over my budget by about $100 even before tax.

Edit: I am not over my budget yet. I meant to say that I will be $100 over when I add that extra pump.

When it costs as much as he's already spending that amount of extra money adds up.

I was helping him to get the costs down, not increasing it. If he adds more stuff down the road he could add a second pump.

It is fine with 1 pump right now, right?

Edit: I am not over my budget yet. I meant to say that I will be $100 over when I add that extra pump.

Did you add the 5% off discount code and reduce the amount of concentrate?

Did you add the 5% off discount code and reduce the amount of concentrate?

I forgot all about that.what's the code for the discount? Does it have a time limit?

When it costs as much as he's already spending that amount of extra money adds up.

I was helping him to get the costs down, not increasing it. If he adds more stuff down the road he could add a second pump.

That's fair enough if you are already reaching the limit. Have you checked to see what the pricing of the parts are at performance-pc.com? I switch back and forth between the two companies, but I've found PPC to be generally cheaper on most items.

Also, what are you going to be using to control the fan speeds? Or are you going to be running them at a constant speed?

That's fair enough if you are already reaching the limit. Have you checked to see what the pricing of the parts are at performance-pc.com? I switch back and forth between the two companies, but I've found PPC to be generally cheaper on most items.

I'm used to FCPU's layout, so I'll have to get used to the layout for PPC. I'll try ppc out when I get back home. Probably in an hour or less.

Also, what are you going to be using to control the fan speeds? Or are you going to be running them at a constant speed?

Probably PWM, because manual control with a fan controller is so annoying.