A Good Loop?

1st off, Yes, it is COMPLETELY OVERKILL for what a 4770k and a 780. 2nd off, I can make it cheaper. I just want to know your opinion on this loop. Case: Caselabs TH-10

post-17906-0-71145900-1372738665.png

post-17906-0-15902700-1372738670.png

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

The water cooling components are twice as expensive as my most expensive rig..............................
*nerdgasms softly*

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

The water cooling components are twice as expensive as my most expensive rig..............................

*nerdgasms softly*

xD My first custom rig.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

xD My first custom rig.

Yeah it's an amazing loop. But you know what makes it better? Acrylic tubing. Check that out. 

Also I love your choice of fans. Make sure you filter those! 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Yeah it's an amazing loop. But you know what makes it better? Acrylic tubing. Check that out. 

I dont have enough experience *yet*. Keyword: yet. Might do it when I upgrade.

i wouldn't say overkill on haswell. what kinda air-cooled clocks and temperatures

have you seen, loaded? whatever 80° is, that will be a base to run from. depending

on how well that fan selection is, ambient and no air in the system, could see mid

60°, possible steady 60°. the GPU won't be a problem at 40°.

just get ready for another order for fittings, extensions and spacers.

airdeano

i wouldn't say overkill on haswell. what kinda air-cooled clocks and temperatures

have you seen, loaded? whatever 80° is, that will be a base to run from. depending

on how well that fan selection is, ambient and no air in the system, could see mid

60°, possible steady 60°. the GPU won't be a problem at 40°.

just get ready for another order for fittings, extensions and spacers.

airdeano

Do you think I need more angled fittings?

won't know until the case is equipped and finalized in position. move one thing and

that blows all the angles and lengths. i order fittings last.

i usually use a barb and tube layout. this will show what angles could/should be and

about what the tubing run will look like whether tidy or crap. saves from over buying

one thing and under/no buying on the others. tubing is cheap enough to forsake.

new layout, maybe?

wn8g.jpg

airdeano

won't know until the case is equipped and finalized in position. move one thing and

that blows all the angles and lengths. i order fittings last.

i usually use a barb and tube layout. this will show what angles could/should be and

about what the tubing run will look like whether tidy or crap. saves from over buying

one thing and under/no buying on the others. tubing is cheap enough to forsake.

new layout, maybe?

wn8g.jpg

airdeano

Not a big fan of reversed ATX.

cools the hot bits first and then the cooler bits last with shorter tube runs.

i wasn't either, but ya gotta do what's right or spend more and get less..

i ran standard for years and was pleased, until i "modded" a CM690 and

got better temps on BIX rads and loud san ace fans, swapped to SR1 and

1400rpm fans and got better overall.. went from mid 70° to almost 50°..

so its reversed for me.. and still in the same chassis..

airdeano

That a Th-10??

SM8.. looking to have close to 4.3-4.8L coolant capacity.. have to stretch the reservoirs

to make 4.3L from 200 to 240mm

airdeano

You can lower the cost down quite a lot. 

You don't need that much Thermal Paste. One tube is enough to do everything 2-3 times over. 

Really don't need 20FT of tubing. At the most you should only need 12FT and that's if you make a few bad cuts. 

Radiators I'd get these http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16237/ex-rad-412/Alphacool_NexXxoS_Monsta_Quad_120mm_Radiator_-_80mm_Thick.html?tl=g30c95s570#blank

I don't think you fully realize how big your case really is, unless of course you already have it. I have the SM8 and that thing is a monster! You can easily put a 80mm in the top of it with a single set of fans. All the other spots in the case can hold a 80mm in push/pull with no problems. Go big or go home!!! Plus, it saves you a few bucks on top of it. 

As for the fans, they are okay but not for the money. They are almost the same price as Noctuas and perform way worse. I'd get Noctuas for a few dollars more any day of the week. 

Also, the pump you have isn't variable. I have it and it runs full blast all the time. It's definitely the loudest thing in my computer. 

Why you got so much concentrate? Are you making a pool of milky goodness?

As for the sleeved cables, don't bother. You're not going to use even half of those, and most won't be visible. Buy these instead http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_18?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=silverstone%20sleeved%20cables&sprefix=Silverstone+sleeve%2Caps%2C166&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Asilverstone%20sleeved%20cables . I have the white ones and couldn't be happier. No way in hell was I going to pay Corsair almost $100 for a bunch of cables I didn't need. 

Other then those things everything looks good. Should be awesome when it's done. 

You can lower the cost down quite a lot. 

You don't need that much Thermal Paste. One tube is enough to do everything 2-3 times over. 

Really don't need 20FT of tubing. At the most you should only need 12FT and that's if you make a few bad cuts. 

Radiators I'd get these http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16237/ex-rad-412/Alphacool_NexXxoS_Monsta_Quad_120mm_Radiator_-_80mm_Thick.html?tl=g30c95s570#blank

I don't think you fully realize how big your case really is, unless of course you already have it. I have the SM8 and that thing is a monster! You can easily put a 80mm in the top of it with a single set of fans. All the other spots in the case can hold a 80mm in push/pull with no problems. Go big or go home!!! Plus, it saves you a few bucks on top of it. 

As for the fans, they are okay but not for the money. They are almost the same price as Noctuas and perform way worse. I'd get Noctuas for a few dollars more any day of the week. 

Also, the pump you have isn't variable. I have it and it runs full blast all the time. It's definitely the loudest thing in my computer. 

Why you got so much concentrate? Are you making a pool of milky goodness?

As for the sleeved cables, don't bother. You're not going to use even half of those, and most won't be visible. Buy these instead http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_18?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=silverstone sleeved cables&sprefix=Silverstone+sleeve%2Caps%2C166&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Asilverstone sleeved cables . I have the white ones and couldn't be happier. No way in hell was I going to pay Corsair almost $100 for a bunch of cables I didn't need. 

Other then those things everything looks good. Should be awesome when it's done.

Hehe, I was planning to buy enough concentrate so I can have enough for a few drains.

Will bleeding my loop be any worse with a psu without an on off switch at the back?

Will bleeding my loop be any worse with a psu without an on off switch at the back?

No, just pull the Molex to the pump. Makes it a little more time consuming. So what happened to your button? Did your dog eat it?

No, just pull the Molex to the pump. Makes it a little more time consuming. So what happened to your button? Did your dog eat it?

XD No, I decided to scrap the AX1200i and go with the Silverstone Strider Gold, and only buy the cables I actually need.

EDIT: Also, on the details of the TH-10 on the caselabs website, it says you only have 90mm clearance under the motherboard. You need 105mm to fit a Monsta with 1 fan

Quote: 

• Radiator Clearance Above the MB Tray: 173mm
  • Radiator Clearance Below the MB Tray: 90mm

<p>

XD No, I decided to scrap the AX1200i and go with the Silverstone Strider Gold, and only buy the cables I actually need.

EDIT: Also, on the details of the TH-10 on the caselabs website, it says you only have 90mm clearance under the motherboard. You need 105mm to fit a Monsta with 1 fan

Quote:

• Radiator Clearance Above the MB Tray: 173mm
  • Radiator Clearance Below the MB Tray: 90mm
That's odd, because I thought you could fit one down there. I had a 60mm in the bottom of the SM8 and it looked like 80mm could fit with no problem. Only thing it would block is a front radiator. Maybe I don't fully realize how big the Monsta really is lol.

At any rate, get 3 Monsters and a UT60.

That's odd, because I thought you could fit one down there. I had a 60mm in the bottom of the SM8 and it looked like 80mm could fit with no problem. Only thing it would block is a front radiator. Maybe I don't fully realize how big the Monsta really is lol.

At any rate, get 3 Monsters and a UT60.

I read on a review that the Monsta only has a 0.3 degree celcius difference against the Sr1. Imma try to find the link.

This is at 1200 RPM. I went with the SR1 because of the AMAZING paint quality.

post-17906-0-81659500-1372780435.png

I read on a review that the Monsta only has a 0.3 degree celcius difference against the Sr1. Imma try to find the link.

The Monsta still looks better, especially in white. It performs better, costs less, and looks better. So what's the issue Sir? You buy now, no questions!

The Monsta still looks better, especially in white. It performs better, costs less, and looks better. So what's the issue Sir? You buy now, no questions!

Monsta costs more. They dont have a White Monsta in a 480 version, only 360.

This is been the funniest argument I've had in this forum xD

Monsta costs more. They dont have a White Monsta in a 480 version, only 360.

This is been the funniest argument I've had in this forum xD

Lies, the Monsta was like $5 cheaper on FrozenCPU.

Well if there's no white version then the black would be just dandy. I think you need the Monsta in your build!

Lies, the Monsta was like $5 cheaper on FrozenCPU.

Well if there's no white version then the black would be just dandy. I think you need the Monsta in your build!

It might be back then... It's not anymore. it's $5 more expensive as of now. But sure, I'll change the rads. Monsta is is.

It might be back then... It's not anymore. it's $5 more expensive as of now. But sure, I'll change the rads. Monsta is is.

Maybe check out Performance-PCs and see if its cheaper there.

Also, don't forget you can get 5% off your order at both places. That should save you some money. You could save a lot more if you weren't buying enough concentrate to drown a Giraffe and enough tubing to circle the globe lol!!!