Need help choosing parts for AMD gaming rig

I am building a budget AMD-based gaming rig that I will also be using to run video editing programs and possibly Unity 3D. I have already acquired the motherboard, case, and hard drive, and have chosen my power supply and memory, but I am debating on what to choose for my CPU and graphics card. My already bought parts are as follows:

Corsair Carbide Series Spec-01 Mid Tower Gaming Case

Asrock Fatal1ty 990fx Killer AM3+ AMD Gaming Motherboard

Western Digital Black 1TB Hard Drive

The memory and power supply I have chosen are:

G.Skill Sniper Series 2 x 4gb DDR3 2133 Desktop Memory(I plan to purchase another set later on)

Rosewill HIVE-750 Modular Power Supply

For my processor, I will go no lower than the FX-6300. I was planning to get the FX-8350 or 8320 originally, but then I decided to ask the community. Based on the games I play(mostly TF2, L4D2, Planetside 2, Skyrim, the Half-Life and Portal series, Unturned, Minecraft, and the Attck on Titan Tribute Game), and allowing wiggle room for more demanding titles, which of the aforementioned processors, or their equals in the same socket(AM3+), will give me the best bang for my buck? I'd be willing to spend the $180 for the 8350, but is it really going to be an improvement over the 6300 or 6350 while playing the titles I listed?

My graphics card budget is around $200 dollars. Due to its feature set, I'm going for an Nvidia-powered card, and was thinking of either the 750 Ti or the 960. 

I would appreciate any feedback from the community and any other advice on this build like the best CPU coolers for my setup and other miscellaneous tidbits of advice, as this is my first build. I thank everyone in advance for their answers. 

Note: Changing any of the parts I have already acquired is not an option for me at the moment.

He already has the mobo.

I would recommenhd something like the 8370 E that ocs well or the 8320.

Oh I see.

Yes a 8320 based rig is probably the option then...

unless OP can/is willing to return his mobo :)

I am building a budget AMD-based gaming rig that I will also be using to run video editing programs and possibly Unity 3D. I have already acquired the motherboard, case, and hard drive, and have chosen my power supply and memory, but I am debating on what to choose for my CPU and graphics card. My already bought parts are as follows:

Corsair Carbide Series Spec-01 Mid Tower Gaming Case

Asrock Fatal1ty 990fx Killer AM3+ AMD Gaming Motherboard

Western Digital Black 1TB Hard Drive

The memory and power supply I have chosen are:

G.Skill Sniper Series 2 x 4gb DDR3 2133 Desktop Memory(I plan to purchase another set later on)

Rosewill HIVE-750 Modular Power Supply

For my processor, I will go no lower than the FX-6300. I was planning to get the FX-8350 or 8320 originally, but then I decided to ask the community. Based on the games I play(mostly TF2, L4D2, Planetside 2, Skyrim, the Half-Life and Portal series, Unturned, Minecraft, and the Attck on Titan Tribute Game), and allowing wiggle room for more demanding titles, which of the aforementioned processors, or their equals in the same socket(AM3+), will give me the best bang for my buck? I'd be willing to spend the $180 for the 8350, but is it really going to be an improvement over the 6300 or 6350 while playing the titles I listed?

My graphics card budget is around $200 dollars. Due to its feature set, I'm going for an Nvidia-powered card, and was thinking of either the 750 Ti or the 960. 

I would appreciate any feedback from the community and any other advice on this build like the best CPU coolers for my setup and other miscellaneous tidbits of advice, as this is my first build. I thank everyone in advance for their answers. 

Note: Changing any of the parts I have already acquired is not an option for me at the moment.

Go for the 960

I'd get a Xeon 1230V3 based PC instead, I would give you a config but my PCPP doesn't work atm.

Xeon E3 1231 V3 is the Haswell-Refresh version and runs a bit faster.  Consider recommending this one.

Anyways, I honestly think any Intel chip out there will likely perform better.

If AMD only exists though here my input:

Go for the FX-8350 and grab a good Noctua NH-D15 cooler and OC it to hell!  (Stock it's fine but...  not as fun)

As for GPU Go for the 960.  the 750 ti is slow in comparison.  If you are interested, AMD may have a 280X which may outperform the 960 at the price range...  but this is too early to say that cause of drivers.

Unless the need is urgent, I'd recommend waiting a bit for a higher VRAM model of the 960 to come out.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Thanks for the quick feedback, all. I'll probably go for the 8320, and ONOTech, I can spend up to 400 dollars on the CPU and video card.

at the same time you need to invest on a CPU cooler like the CM 212 Evo/Plus if you want to OC

the GTX970 is the common GPU to pick

but most high end GPU may get vaseneck by the FX8320/50 at stock speeds

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

To elaborate on my situation, I need to have this PC built fairly quickly, but I doesn't have to be running OC'ed at this point in time, so anything like aftermarket heatsinks I do plan on purchasing but not as of now. From all these answers, I think I will probably go for an FX-8320 or 8350 and snag a 960 or a refurbished or on sale 970(in which case I will be overclocking my CPU).

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($137.75 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($64.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card  ($199.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $402.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-25 19:28 EST-0500

@zappian

Thank you, this is very helpful. I will probably be going for the processor and graphics card you listed, although, as I said to @dragoon20005, that CPU cooler is known to not fit into my case. A more compact solution, perhaps the Cooler Master Seidon 120V(or 120M, whichever is fifty bucks) or the Noctua as Weakl1ngs said.

Xeon E3 1231 V3 is the Haswell-Refresh version and runs a bit faster.  Consider recommending this one.

Anyways, I honestly think any Intel chip out there will likely perform better.

If AMD only exists though here my input:

Go for the FX-8350 and grab a good Noctua NH-D15 cooler and OC it to hell!  (Stock it's fine but...  not as fun)

As for GPU Go for the 960.  the 750 ti is slow in comparison.  If you are interested, AMD may have a 280X which may outperform the 960 at the price range...  but this is too early to say that cause of drivers.

Unless the need is urgent, I'd recommend waiting a bit for a higher VRAM model of the 960 to come out.

Is that a release that is likely to happen soon(the higher VRAM 960)? Has it been announced or hinted at?

I had the same question as well, with a little different parameters. I have 500w PSU, will this be enough for to support the 8350/8320. Also I have an r9 270, so would the 8350/8320 be overkill for gaming needs?

CPU: AMD FX 8320  CPU Cooler: 212 Evo GPU: Asus GTX 750 Ti @ 1400MHz RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2x4gb) MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Power Supply: Evga G2 650 Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB, San Disk Ultra 240 GB SSD Case: Corsair 230t Orange

@dragoon20005 

Those coolers actually are said not to fit in the Spec-01, although I've never tried myself.

oh it seem you are right

you may try shorter coolers like the TX4 which is better than the stock cooler

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Best AMD bang for buck is the 6300.  I would say put a 6350 in there, put on a decent cooler and then overclock the hell out of it and that perform almost identically to a similarly clocked 8350 in gaming.  For non-gaming workloads, it's around a 15-20% difference in the 8350's favour.

The reason I recommend the slightly more expensive 6350 is because they are binned better than the 6300 and will be far more likely to have more overclocking headroom.  You should be able to hit 4.7+ GHz on a 6350, while a 6300 I'd expect would top out around 4.4-4.5 GHz.  (Or 4.4-4.5 GHz with much less voltage, depending on your preference.)

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Is that a release that is likely to happen soon(the higher VRAM 960)? Has it been announced or hinted at?

At this point, it's purely speculation.  But ASUS has released 4GB versions of the 750 ti and I suspect that a 4GB 960 is not far away.

No hints or announcements are present to my knowledge.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Get a FX 8320 and a XFX or MSI R9 280(x) to match your build :P Also the 8 cores will be used when DirectX12 comes. 280 beats 960 straight up since it has 3GB VRAM and games use that.

Get a FX 8320 and a XFX or MSI R9 280(x) to match your build :P Also the 8 cores will be used when DirectX12 comes. 280 beats 960 straight up since it has 3GB VRAM and games use that.

The thing is, I have a Shield, so I need to get an Nvidia-powered card.