Microsoft now lets you download Windows 7 ISOs legally.

d3sl91

They probably have something in the TOS that doesn't allow that, but if they don't then it's not stealing or piracy.

It is a real inconvenience though so I don't recommend anyone doing it. All your programs will be reset as well.

That is the thing, your programs won't be reset.  The clone is an exact image.  Just install and update all your stuff and clone.  The only inconvenience is backing up any photos/docs/videos you want to keep.

I clone my drive with Windows updated, all my utility programs... my voice chat programs... and the one game I will always have installed (LoL).  In 10 minutes, I have everything reinstalled.

That is the thing, your programs won't be reset.  The clone is an exact image.  Just install and update all your stuff and clone.  The only inconvenience is backing up any photos/docs/videos you want to keep.

I clone my drive with Windows updated, all my utility programs... my voice chat programs... and the one game I will always have installed (LoL).  In 10 minutes, I have everything reinstalled.

Wow I feel stupid now. Didn't think of installing all your programs before making the copy. Well it's still pretty inconvenient but I guess you could do it.

Is there anything wrong with doing this:

1.  Grab ISO, and install Win7.  You have 30 days to activate.

2.  Update everything and clone the drive.

3.  Every 29 days, take the 10 minutes to format and install the clone.

This would be considered stealing, right?

A clone is a clone though... so when you restore the clone, you will still be at XX day....

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

A clone is a clone though... so when you restore the clone, you will still be at XX day....

Timer should be locally stored.  It would return to when you made the clone.  I could be wrong, maybe it is actively online.