I was thinking about graphics cards and reverse mobo trays and i was wondering why no company has made a 'reverse' graphics card? So the cooler would be facing upwards in a standard case. You would then be able to see that sweet cooler and in reverse mobos the cooler would be down. I don't think they should all be this way but I do think that a company should make one.

FX 6300 - MSI 7870 Ghz - M5A97 R2.0 - Team Vulcan 8GB - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - Rosewill HIVE 550w - NZXT Source 210 (white) - Loud Fans

Peripherals - Logitech G105 - Cobra mouse - Acer G236HL - Logitech desktop mic - Logitech LS21 - Audio Technica ATH-M30

Laptop - Acer Aspire V3 - A84500m - 7670m - 15.6" screen (1366x768) - 3.5GB DDR3  - 500GB Scorpio Blue

How would that work because the graphics card is made for the way the motherboard is. If it was reversed, the graphics card wouldn't fit right. I may be picturing it differently than you are, but I don't see how it would work.

Edit: I read the question wrong, I see that you were talking about the graphics card. There probably isn't a high demand for reverse graphics card, so no company is spending the money to design one.

It's the way heat and the fans work.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I think it probably has something to do with heat rising and making the fans fight against it.

Totally speculating here

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

I was thinking about graphics cards and reverse mobo trays and i was wondering why no company has made a 'reverse' graphics card? So the cooler would be facing upwards in a standard case. You would then be able to see that sweet cooler and in reverse mobos the cooler would be down. I don't think they should all be this way but I do think that a company should make one.

i have seen a few cases actually that rotate the mobo 180 degrees so that the cpu is on the bottom and gpus are up top, it looks pretty cool but doesnt seem to increase heat dissipation in any way whatsoever, i personally like the 90 degree rotation, it looks really sweet :)

just get a btx motherboard

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

i would love a GFX card where i could see the cooler and not the PCB

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

It's the way heat and the fans work.

I think it probably has something to do with heat rising and making the fans fight against it.

Totally speculating here

Nope and nope

Natural convection is negligible when fans are at work. I don't remember the exact reason why graphics cards and such are upside down but it had something to do with another old card standard and compatibility.

They're keeping this around because almost all cases on the world are meant to fit graphics cards in this manner, just like all motherboards. They're not gonna change all that because of aesthetics (which very little people care about)

You can get a 180° case if you really want to see the top of your card