Beats Solo By Dr Dre Review

pewpewmerica

Looks better than Ducky? I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.....personally, I don't like the looks of Razer mech KBs.

post-15851-0-41516200-1372993963.pngpost-15851-0-53827500-1372993879.png

The Shine II looks like nothing special.

Yeah I own a Blackwidow Tournament Edition and Ultimate, no problems whatsoever and in all honesty they look better than Ducky keyboards.

the only problem I have is I'm to lazy to take it apart to clean it so theres like cat hair under the keys lawl

it looks great, feels great, easy to type on, easy to game on, I can buttonmash as much as I want and keys aren't missed or anything, its great

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

the only problem I have is I'm to lazy to take it apart to clean it so theres like cat hair under the keys lawl

it looks great, feels great, easy to type on, easy to game on, I can buttonmash as much as I want and keys aren't missed or anything, its great

Get a thin flathead screwdriver or something and wrap tape at the end, and pry the keys from the backside. That way you won't damage the caps.

Get a thin flathead screwdriver or something and wrap tape at the end, and pry the keys from the backside. That way you won't damage the caps.

I know how im just to lazy lol 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

This. You could have saved $30 if you had bought these again. If you really wanted beats for the looks, you should have bought fake ones.

thats what's I did :P

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

attachicon.gifNothing Special.pngattachicon.gifBlackwidow Ultimate.png

So, what does this prove? Again, beauty's in the eye of the beholder. I prefer simple lines and design over flashy stuff....plus, you had shown a Ducky w/o the bling bling....below is my 78 Version and Special Ed

20130617_155710_zpseb95fec6.jpg

20130521_162217_zps551d405c.jpg

Again, you prefer Razer, that's fine, though as I'd sated, I think Ducky looks better and that's wholly my prerogative. Why do you have to challenge my preference? If you like Razer design...well, whooppee doo to you. :rolleyes:

BTW, I ain't all about looks, here's my Topre Realforce 103UB-55G, nothing flashy about it at all.....very plain and simple....much like my Model M. And yes, I think, 'nothing special' as they are, they look simply beautiful to me.

20130704_211657_zps20b40126.jpg

But in terms of the typing experience, and purely for the typing experience, this beats all my present Cherry KB's.....and easily your venerated Razer BWU.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Haven't heard much hype over Razer keyboards to be honest. And they actually have some very reasonably priced keyboards, look at the Blackwidow Tournament Edition ($70).

thats not reasonable for what you get dude

I would rather get a cm storm rapid then a crappy razer keyboard...

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

thats not reasonable for what you get dude

I would rather get a cm storm rapid then a crappy razer keyboard...

Clearly you haven't tried them.  :lol:

attachicon.gifNothing Special.pngattachicon.gifBlackwidow Ultimate.png

you think the razer looks good? SHAME shame on you kid...

I have a cm storm rapid

and my friend bought me a blackwidow ultimate 

it is fucking trash and my cm storm board is fucking awesome

blackwindow is collecting dust in my closet with shit piled on top of it

although my rapid could never touch my shine II with magenta LED's a fuckload of custom caps and blue switches.. 

So, what does this prove? Again, beauty's in the eye of the beholder. I prefer simple lines and design over flashy stuff....plus, you had shown a Ducky w/o the bling bling....below is my 78 Version and Special Ed

Again, you prefer Razer, that's fine, though as I'd sated, I think Ducky looks better and that's wholly my prerogative. Why do you have to challenge my preference? If you like Razer design...well, whooppee doo to you. :rolleyes:

BTW, I ain't all about looks, here's my Topre Realforce 103UB-55G, nothing flashy about it at all.....very plain and simple....much like my Model M. And yes, I think, 'nothing special' as they are, they look simply beautiful to me.

But in terms of the typing experience, and purely for the typing experience, this beats all my present Cherry KB's.....and easily your venerated Razer BWU.

It proves that the Ultimate looks better. Personally I don't like backlighting since it's a bit distracting while using it and looks a bit childish, but that's just my take on it. Kind of funny how you're challenging my preference as well. "If you like [Ducky] design... well, whooppee doo to you."

And the Ultimate is a Cherry keyboard, not sure how it's worse than Cherry keyboards even though it is one.

Kind of funny how this keyboard discussion has almost nothing to do with the thread.  :P

And the Ultimate is a Cherry keyboard, not sure how it's worse than Cherry keyboards even though it is one.

Clearly you have not tried Ducky, or Filco, or Topre, hence your mindset that Razer is very good. Go to those enthusiast KB forums, you may find them talking about Filco, Ducky or the more esoteric ones like KMAC, HHKB and even Topre. But Razer? I don't think so.....

As for your second statement, clearly you have not tried different KB makers with similar Cherry switches. It's about workmanship and material used. A Cherry Blue on the CM Storm QF TK feels and sound a little different from, say, a Ducky DS II Blue. I have both and there is a different.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

you think the razer looks good? SHAME shame on you kid...

How exactly does that make me a kid? You do realize that you're not even 3 years older than me, right?

I have a cm storm rapid

and my friend bought me a blackwidow ultimate 

it is fucking trash and my cm storm board is fucking awesome

blackwindow is collecting dust in my closet with shit piled on top of it

although my rapid could never touch my shine II with magenta LED's a fuckload of custom caps and blue switches.. 

Probably because it's a blackwindow, not a Blackwidow.  :D We all have our opinions, not much to argue about.

How exactly does that make me a kid? You do realize that you're not even 3 years older than me, right?

I call you kid based on your knowledge level

this is a headphone discussion so I'll be leaving

but you need to learn a thing or 2 about keyboards...

Probably because it's a blackwindow, not a Blackwidow.  :D We all have our opinions, not much to argue about.

okay, you know damn well why I called it window

I should be more accurate though considering its hard for you to grasp things and call it a mirror

Clearly you have not tried Ducky, or Filco, or Topre, hence your mindset that Razer is very good. Go to those enthusiast KB forums, you may find them talking about Filco, Ducky or the modre esoteric ones like KMAC, HHKB and even Topre. But Razer? I don't think so.....

Anyway, we have clearly derailed the thread so I shall speak no more about this/

Actually I have. Like you said, it's all subjective and there isn't much more we can say other than our opinions on the matter.

I call you kid based on your knowledge level

this is a headphone discussion so I'll be leaving

but you need to learn a thing or 2 about keyboards...

okay, you know damn well why I called it window

I should be more accurate though considering its hard for you to grasp things and call it a mirror

So my grandparents are kids because they don't know much about keyboards, let alone mechanical keyboards?

It's too hard for you to grasp that what I said was a pun. I understood that it was a typo.

So my grandparents are kids because they don't know much about keyboards, let alone mechanical keyboards?

It's too hard for you to grasp that what I said was a pun. I understood that it was a typo.

lol that shut him up

lol that shut him up

I was doing other things, like watching a movie...

You are pathetic if you think I sit on here all day

I also said I was done replying to him

which completely invalidates your interjection to the topic noob.

It proves that the Ultimate looks better.

*snip*Kind of funny how you're challenging my preference as well. "If you like [Ducky] design... well, whooppee doo to you."

Kind of funny how this keyboard discussion has almost nothing to do with the thread.  :P

I'd said I would leave this thread, but post rankles in my mind, you stated categorically that "It proves that the Ultimate looks better." IMO, it proved nothing since you'd stated it w/o any caveat, your opnion does not equal fact.Ask several peeps and you'd get some choosing one, some choosing the other. Please, go ask various pepes what their opinion is, I'd have no problem if you'd added 'imo' after stating that. I did not challenge your preference, rather, it seems you're challenging mine. If you feel so strongly about it, take it to the peripheral section and we can have a 'discussion' about it, let's see if everyone there agrees with you.

Also, when I said "whooppee doo to you" I'd stated it and meant no malice. Just like I like Ducky/Filco/Topre, whooppee doo to me as well.

One thing I do agree almost wholeheartedly with you is this, our posts have nothing to do with the thread.....so, I'm ignoring this thread as of now.

I'd said I would leave this thread, but post rankles in my mind, you stated categorically that "It proves that the Ultimate looks better." IMO, it proved nothing since you'd stated it w/o any caveat, your opnion does not equal fact.Ask several peeps and you'd get some choosing one, some choosing the other. Please, go ask various pepes what their opinion is, I'd have no problem if you'd added 'imo' after stating that. I did not challenge your preference, rather, it seems you're challenging mine. If you feel so strongly about it, take it to the peripheral section and we can have a 'discussion' about it, let's see if everyone there agrees with you.

Also, when I said "whooppee doo to you" I'd stated it and meant no malice. Just like I like Ducky/Filco/Topre, whooppee doo to me as well.

One thing I do agree almost wholeheartedly with you is this, our posts have nothing to do with the thread.....so, I'm ignoring this thread as of now.

You misinterpreted what I said. I meant that it looked better to me, obviously that wouldn't apply to everyone since looks are subjective. We can go on with polls and collecting opinions, etc, but at the end of the day we'll buy whatever suits ourselves best.

errr, off topic?

We are straying away from how much beats suck.

Beats Headphones are a gimmick. Its marketing genius. They take random walmart-grade headphones, turn up the bass, and suddenly it sounds like magic. Magic that cost $200 more than it is worth. You can take any old headphones from any store, use them on any PC with a sound solution from the past 5 years and they will sound 2x better than Beats. 

Beats are for kids just discovering over-ear headphones and they feel like this is something new. I try to explain that over-ear headphones are older than earbuds to people at my school all the time and they look at me like I have two heads. 

Beats. Are. A. Waste. 

Are you guys having fun on the beats-hating bandwagon? :3

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.