Beats Solo By Dr Dre Review

pewpewmerica

Oh gawd, I'm gonna get so much hate on this, oh well.

Pros:

-Design

No matter how  much you hate beats, you cant deny their sexiness. Although they do feel kinda cheep for the price, I am still happy overall with the design.

-Sound

I do realize that a lot of people disagree with me on this, but I love the sound of these. If you are a fan of Hip Hop, EDM or any genre with a decent amount of bass, you will love beats.

-Cable

The detachable cable is awesome and I feel like should be something included with a headphones

Cons:

-Price

At ~180 bucks, they definetly arent cheap.

-Plastic feel

At this price, I feel like they could have made the headphones with more "solid" materials

Final Opinion:

If you have some extra money and love music with a lot of bass, I would definetly recommend these.

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

Oh gawd, I'm gonna get so much hate on this, oh well.

Pros:

-Design

No matter how  much you hate beats, you cant deny their sexiness. Although they do feel kinda cheep for the price, I am still happy overall with the design.

-Sound

I do realize that a lot of people disagree with me on this, but I love the sound of these. If you are a fan of Hip Hop, EDM or any genre with a decent amount of bass, you will love beats.

-Cable

The detachable cable is awesome and I feel like should be something included with a headphones

Cons:

-Price

At ~180 bucks, they definetly arent cheap.

-Plastic feel

At this price, I feel like they could have made the headphones with more "solid" materials

Final Opinion:

If you have some extra money and love music with a lot of bass, I would definetly recommend these.

Go return your beats. Get some ATH-M50s. Please. Before I cry.

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Go return your beats. Get some ATH-M50s. Please. Before I cry.

nah, I like my beats. Sorry

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

nah, I like my beats. Sorry

Another one bites the dust...........

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Another one bites the dust...........

what?

what?

You've fallen for the hype around the product. Listen man, I know you paid a lot of moeny for these headphones, but if you like REAL Bass, and love hip hop, then you want this:http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-XB500-Diaphragm-Driver-Headphones/dp/B001RB24S2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372716212&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+xb500. Beats are the Macs of the headphones world. I had a pair of studios and when I tried ATH-M50s I was blown away. Returned them and never looked back. 

You've fallen for the hype around the product. Listen man, I know you paid a lot of moeny for these headphones, but if you like REAL Bass, and love hip hop, then you want this:http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-XB500-Diaphragm-Driver-Headphones/dp/B001RB24S2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372716212&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+xb500. Beats are the Macs of the headphones world. I had a pair of studios and when I tried ATH-M50s I was blown away. Returned them and never looked back. 

This. You could have saved $30 if you had bought these again. If you really wanted beats for the looks, you should have bought fake ones.

Acutally, there is 0 hype for beats. It is really the opposite, it have become cool to hate on then. I bet none of you acutally hate beats, you only do so because it is cool and everyone does it.

Have you tried them with any form of after market EQ on them? Personally I find the lack of upper mids and pretty much anything about 1.2K non existent.

Acutally, there is 0 hype for beats. It is really the opposite, it have become cool to hate on then. I bet none of you acutally hate beats, you only do so because it is cool and everyone does it.

I actually owned them. I bought them because alll my friends had them. 

Interesting perspective.

I mainly listen to EDM, and when I tried out my cousin's Solos, I personally found them awful.  The bass was so exaggerated that it destroyed any details in the mid and high ranges.  Percussion sounds were not very articulate.  I don't know, maybe I listen to EDM differently than other people do, but that's my take on it.

And I felt like I could snap the thing in half.

The detachable cable can be handy, though.  I do wish more headphones did that.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Style and sound can be subjective including whether something feels like a quality material. If you like the look and the sound then rock on. I personally find that you can find headphones that sound as good as or better than Beats for much less than $100 and for the same price as Beats get a much nicer set of headphones. Again it's subjective and given there is a stigma in a way, nice of you still putting up a review.

You're not us, you can't say that on behalf of us, I certainly dislike Beats.....crap sound that only bassheads would love at stupidly high price, much like Razer KBs due to hype about Razer KBs. If you go for that kind of sound, then yep, an overpriced POS like that would be fine, though there are so many other cheaper alternatives you can look at. Someone had likened Beats to Mac and I do see the similarities. Someone had said it looks were the important factor, might as well go for a fake one, and in my neck of the woods, there are plenty of fakes going around (since some neighboring countries have fakes on sale).

Whenever I commute to and from work, I see many kids and young adults with their Beats ear buds and cans. I wonder if they had gotten Beats for the looks or the sound.......prolly for the looks since many others have them. Perhaps they like the overwhelming bass, hence Beats is loved by bassheads whose idea of good sound is BASS, BASS, BASS. I have a couple of friends who work in shops selling audio equipment, including ear buds and cans. When I saw that they had Beats cans and ear buds on sale, I asked them about it. They told me Beats were basically to fill the yound adults/student niche of the market where style trumps function. I asked them about their opinions on Beats, both guys (in different shops mind you) said one word.....bass.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Borrowed my friends Beats from him for a month to try them out before I dropped a nice chunk of change on headphones, they are decent, but not 180 dollars good. I'd pick them up at 120 bucks without a doubt but there are better options in that price range.

Case: NZXT H440 | CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz | GPU: MSI 970, Kraken G10 | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Cooler: H100i | PSU: Corsair AX750 w/ Sleeved Cables | Display: 3xBenQ RL2455M | Fans: 5xNoctua NF-F12, 1xBitFenix Spectre |

Interesting perspective.

I mainly listen to EDM, and when I tried out my cousin's Solos, I personally found them awful.  The bass was so exaggerated that it destroyed any details in the mid and high ranges.  Percussion sounds were not very articulate.  I don't know, maybe I listen to EDM differently than other people do, but that's my take on it.

And I felt like I could snap the thing in half.

The detachable cable can be handy, though.  I do wish more headphones did that.

I have to agree on this, I listen to EDMs all the time and after trying out the Solos I found that the bass was just too much, it covers up the mids and highs to the point where it detracts me from the experience and preventing me from enjoying the music, unlike my ATH-M50, which is awesome. :)

they are not like macs, macs atleast have build quality

Every single kid at my university wears them. They are as common as an iphone. 

You're not us, you can't say that on behalf of us, I certainly dislike Beats.....crap sound that only bassheads would love at stupidly high price, much like Razer KBs due to hype about Razer KBs

Haven't heard much hype over Razer keyboards to be honest. And they actually have some very reasonably priced keyboards, look at the Blackwidow Tournament Edition ($70).

I have the original beats Solos and I do like them. I got them for Christmas, so it was not my choice to get them. If I could have chose a pair of headphones for $200, I would have gotten something else. In my opinion, the original Solos are much better than the new Solos.

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

beats have decent sound, I've listened to them at a target store and they care comparable to my M50s, though A LOT more comfortable and overpriced. some models of beats are really bad though I've listened to my friend's solos and those were so bad.

Haven't heard much hype over Razer keyboards to be honest. And they actually have some very reasonably priced keyboards, look at the Blackwidow Tournament Edition ($70).

I had tons of people that I knew with them, I bought the 2013 stealth black widow, love it to death, idk why people have such bad things to say about it.. I can't see how I could possibly break it unless i sat on the dam thing or something lol

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I had tons of people that I knew with them, I bought the 2013 stealth black widow, love it to death, idk why people have such bad things to say about it.. I can't see how I could possibly break it unless i sat on the dam thing or something lol

Yeah I own a Blackwidow Tournament Edition and Ultimate, no problems whatsoever and in all honesty they look better than Ducky keyboards.

Yeah I own a Blackwidow Tournament Edition and Ultimate, no problems whatsoever and in all honesty they look better than Ducky keyboards.

Looks better than Ducky? I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.....personally, I don't like the looks of Razer mech KBs.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2