ZdMods - Project 180

Meelobee

I love the mod work man, especially the top radiator mounting spot!  Thats the best looking front panel i have ever seen.

I don't have a big enough vocabulary to explain how awesome this is :DDDDD

Corsair 350d | Asus Maximus VI Gene | Intel Core i7 4770k | Corsair h100i | Reference GTX 780 | Corsair AX760i | WD 1tb green | Samsung 840 pro 256gb

I wouldn't have even thought you could transform the P180 into something like that, that's awesome! :)

I have a laptop that sucks because I'm broke.

This looks like an amazing build i am in love with it

Looking awesome so far. One suggestion I have is to make your own reservoir thats big enough so that the only thing you can see through that smaller cutout  is the coolant. Would be a nice touch imo but thats probably too much work ;)

This build looks AMAZING can't wait to more of this build

WOW man looks awesome nice job!

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Thanks for all the cool comments, very much appreciated :)

I've just changed all the pictures so they link to my an album right here on LTT, as you were pounding my hosting (almost 25Gb in a day..lol)  All images are clickable and link to the complete album. 

ZdMods
Finished builds Red 
 Project 180 • Project pǝʇɹǝʌuı • Harman/Kardon HTPC

"Too much awesomeness for one brain!" *calls friends and family to take a look*

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

Thanks for all the cool comments, very much appreciated :)

I've just changed all the pictures so they link to my an album right here on LTT, as you were pounding my hosting (almost 25Gb in a day..lol)  All images are clickable and link to the complete album.

25 GB in a day? Holy hell, that's a lot :o ! ZEUS getting on the live stream "only" got

me a spike of 1.7 GB on Saturday and 5.something GB on Sunday (unless I do an update

on one of my builds I usually get a few hundred MB per day). I do of course try to

keep the images small to preserve bandwidth (so they're resized before being sent

out to the forum), but still.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

• 3 weeks later...

banner.jpg

Been a while since the last update, haven't had much modding time in the last weeks, only the last few days I found some time to work on this build.
I did have time to clear out my basement. It was filled with junk that we needed to throw out. After a couple of drives to the dumpyard and a good cleaning I claimed the basement mine and made it my man/modcave B)  

gallery_31046_257_36933.jpg

gallery_31046_257_31517.jpg

Bought a simple beltsander, this baby is gonna save me alot of manual filing. :)
gallery_31046_257_19922.jpg

I really wanted to brush the front, but after about 15 tries I still couldn't get all the brush lines equal/straight. Knowing I would keep noticing the wonky lines I decided to paint it. 

First I've painted the bars of the front with primer
gallery_31046_257_40702.jpg

gallery_31046_257_3811.jpg

Colors will be Candy Metallic Red, White and Chrome. The red is for the plastic parts of the front and the plastic on the sidepanels and some details in the case
gallery_31046_257_10640.jpg 

Radiator cover
gallery_31046_257_27833.jpg

Right sidepanel, the alu panel will be painted white, like the front. 
gallery_31046_257_45660.jpg

Plastic front

gallery_31046_257_55401.jpg

gallery_31046_257_1867.jpg

ZdMods
Finished builds Red 

this build is EPIC.  Barely anything left that you haven't molested!!  LOL.  Love it!  Keep it coming!!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Shaping up to be a very nice looking rig.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

that..........red..........is SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!......you sir, deserve a cookie.....NAY, TWO COOKIES. Awesome job =P

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

I agree with everyone, the red looks epic. It also makes the case look less plasticky.

Thanks guys, I was a bit sceptical on the red at first, but now I'm quite happy how the paint turned out :)

banner.jpg

Small update, did alot of work but not much to show, sanding, painting and more sanding is very time consuming. 

Dual 120mm fanbracket for the front rad

gallery_31046_257_1678.jpg

24-Pin ATX cable cover 

gallery_31046_257_12326.jpg

gallery_31046_257_32313.jpg

Shiny!  B)

gallery_31046_257_78653.jpg

Front, back and bottompanel in primer & sanded to p1500

gallery_31046_257_17170.jpg

ZdMods
Finished builds Red 

Believe me you're not the only one.. I really wished brushing the front and top would have worked. I tried several times, but manually it's close to impossible to get all the lines straight. I even made a guide which would hold the sanding paper/scotchbright pad in line with the part to be brushed, but still the result was wonky and not ok looking. Op top of that, the edges of the tubes looked weird because the sanding process rounds the corners of a bit, to get a avoid this I should have brushed the parts first and then cut them to size. Ah well, painted it still will look ok I hope :)

ZdMods
Finished builds Red 

Hi could you tell me what paint your using for the panels..........your pics showing the painted parts just are inspiring me to start modding my case......Ive already got a rad/black theme.....i just what some more of the outiside to be red. Thanks and great build, really :)

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

Can't wait to see this all come together. Fantastic job!  :)

Hi could you tell me what paint your using for the panels..........your pics showing the painted parts just are inspiring me to start modding my case......Ive already got a rad/black theme.....i just what some more of the outiside to be red. Thanks and great build, really :)

-Anubikai

The primer is fromt the 'Gamma' brand, (Gamma is a Dutch hardware store-chain.) It's basicly an self etching primer. The red is 'Dupli-color Deco Metalic' (#302511)

Most important when painting is patience and preparation. You won't get a clean result if the base isn't clean/smooth, sanding to a fine grid is key, I go from p600 to p1000 to p1500, then I clean the parts and apply the primer. After the primer has dried I sand it again with p1500 and apply a 2nd layer of primer. And again sand it with p1500 when it's dry, Then clean the parts for the last time and they're ready for paint. 

ZdMods
Finished builds Red 

The primer is fromt the 'Gamma' brand, (Gamma is a Dutch hardware store-chain.) It's basicly an self etching primer. The red is 'Dupli-color Deco Metalic' (#302511)

Most important when painting is patience and preparation. You won't get a clean result if the base isn't clean/smooth, sanding to a fine grid is key, I go from p600 to p1000 to p1500, then I clean the parts and apply the primer. After the primer has dried I sand it again with p1500 and apply a 2nd layer of primer. And again sand it with p1500 when it's dry, Then clean the parts for the last time and they're ready for paint. 

wow, put a lot of effort into painting the parts...i guess thats why you get such great results =) okay then guess ill practice on my old case first. Thanks =)

-Anubikai

looking great so far! Some serious craftsmanship has gone into this build

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz