• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TheCaptain53

Crysis Not Launching

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey guys,

I bought the Crysis trilogy from G2A to play through Origin (along with Life is Strange, which is awesome, by the way). Being extremely excited to play it, I downloaded the first game, click Play and...

Crashes T_T

Tried launching it again, and the problem persists. It goes to black fullscreen, exits fullscreen and displays the message, "A problem caused this program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I've tried a couple of the BIY (botch-it-yourself) solutions found on various internet forums with no luck as of yet.

I'm getting pretty pissed off as I didn't pay a small amount for these games, and as far as I'm aware, I can't even launch half of the games in the purchase (it included Warhead, which had the same problem).

I'm running an AMD FX-6300 with a Zotac GTX 960, 8GB DDR3 RAM, all running on Windows 8.1 64-bit pro.

I'm currently downloading Crysis 2 and will see if it has the same problem.

But until then, does anybody have any ideas?

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

If i remember crysis 1 can only run in 32bit or something. It doesnt work well with windows 7 and beyond. Crysis 2 on the other hand works perfectly fine (be reminded you can DL the directx11 and high res pack which your comp can probably handle)

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

I find it remarkable that the problems associated with launching Crysis on modern machines (which, with a brief look on the internet, is clearly prevalent) has not been addressed by EA or Crytek.
I may try and get a refund as this is just ****ing awful, this should not be happening in 2015, when the game is only 8 years old.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

Well you can say that you have a "crysis" ohhhhhhh yeahhhhhh.

Have you tried contacting their support, maybe they can help.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

That's been posted on the internet, it can never be taken back! Although, I am finding myself giggling to it. :')

I got into contact with EA support twice, both times unsuccessful.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

That's been posted on the internet, it can never be taken back! Although, I am finding myself giggling to it. :')

I got into contact with EA support twice, both times unsuccessful.

Well that's ea for you, how long did you wait for a reply? Has been too long? I would personally try to place the files in another computer and try to run it there.

Pascal laptops guide

I may try running Crysis on my laptop, although I'm not entirely sure it has the capability to. It runs on Windows 7, but I believe it's the 64-bit version.

And I entered a chat room type thing with EA Support, which was painful. The second chat lasted over 90 minutes and my problem STILL wasn't solved.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

I may try running Crysis on my laptop, although I'm not entirely sure it has the capability to. It runs on Windows 7, but I believe it's the 64-bit version.

And I entered a chat room type thing with EA Support, which was painful. The second chat lasted over 90 minutes and my problem STILL wasn't solved.

Okay great, so now it's probably windows, but I'm really out of suggestions, maybe someone else in the forum knows something?

Pascal laptops guide

I would appear that Crysis refuses to work on 64-bit systems (some, anyway, works on others). 

I think the only way I could possibly solve this is to download a Windows XP/Vista VR and run the game off that, but I don't even know if that would work either.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

right click on the desktop icon/properties/compatibilty/run in comp mode for............. try xp. or run as admin maybe.

games should work........... forget all this BS about 32bit/64bit.

you did patch the games, yes?

Does Crysis even work anymore? I tried to play it and I had to re-register with some other third party website. I know MP is down (has been for a while) but im not even sure if you can do the third party registration anymore.

I am whatever I am. 

I played it on xp and I just loaded it on a W7 machine, works fine..............what's this registry crap. You're being taken...........

Does Crysis even work anymore? I tried to play it and I had to re-register with some other third party website. I know MP is down (has been for a while) but im not even sure if you can do the third party registration anymore.

I just tested my version on Steam and it's working fine. I'm running Windows 8.1 without compatibility mode.

The only 2 bugs I see is:

1. Steam FPS counter not showing the correct FPS.

2. Crysis doesn't list 1920x1080 resolution as an option (though you can edit the game.cfg file to force it into 1080p)

OP, try running on compatibility mode or redownloading and reinstalling it.

I have Crysis running on Win 8.1, but when I tried to install from an old disk, it wouldn't work. I had to copy the files to a drive and then install it from there. But it works fine with Windows 8.1, without running it in compatibility mode.

First off EA support is shit. I've tried to get help with my broken bf3 but no luck when i submitted query 6 months ago. Try going to the game files and find the executable and but it to compatibility mode windows 7 and if it lets you choose which bit for compatibility choose 32 for crysis

I just tested my version on Steam and it's working fine. I'm running Windows 8.1 without compatibility mode.

The only 2 bugs I see is:

1. Steam FPS counter not showing the correct FPS.

2. Crysis doesn't list 1920x1080 resolution as an option (though you can edit the game.cfg file to force it into 1080p)

OP, try running on compatibility mode or redownloading and reinstalling it.

I was using the Origin version of it, maybe that's why..

I am whatever I am. 

How sleazy and low life can EA get by reboxing their older games and then forcing you to use their online BS to play it. These guys are getting way out of line. Wonder what would change if a significant amount of people would stop just buying games.