AMD stock cooler fan running unnessecary high rpm

Hi, it's my first time posting here and I need some help. I have an FX 8120 currently running with the stock cooler. The fan on the cooler is going very fast even when temperatures are low. Even when idling the fan doesnt go below 2700 rpm. And after playing Battlefield 3 for a while the CPU was at 50 degrees and the fan was at 6000RPM. I am wondering if there is anything I can do to lower this fan speed. I know that the CPU can safely go hotter than 50 degrees.

btw I am on an Asus sabertooth 990fx

Thanks.

I would take a look in your BIOS and see what fan settings you have, if there are options. Sounds like a really aggreesive profile...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I would take a look in your BIOS and see what fan settings you have' date=' if there are options. Sounds like a really aggreesive profile...[/quote']

This and check if the motherboard has some sort of fan control software that came with it.

I would take a look in your BIOS and see what fan settings you have' date=' if there are options. Sounds like a really aggreesive profile...[/quote'] This and check if the motherboard has some sort of fan control software that came with it.

AND you might want to try a few different programs (check in your BIOS too) to make sure that the temps are actually that low.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

Try looking into Speedfan, it might work.

If it doesn't and if it's really bothering you, look into some decent budget air coolers that will work. My best bet is Hyper 212 series of products from my experience, they were generally quiet and the temp drops allowed me to overclock my AMD Phenom II x4 955 to 4ghz without any hiccups when I still used the AMD platform.