[IDEA] LinusFansTips

could be a nice idea but it means there would have to be a lot of time spent on people trying to filter the shit from the people that are decent at doing reviews.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

There must be people on the Forum that can edit aswell so why should the LMG crew do it, Linus could create the channel though and upload the weekly winner, would love to see it

Yes, something like this would work. Where al that has to be done by LMG is grab the winning video and upload it. The rest should be community driven, shooting, editing, and voting on winners. 

I'd quite like to see what comes of it. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Yes, something like this would work. Where al that has to be done by LMG is grab the winning video and upload it. The rest should be community driven, shooting, editing, and voting on winners. 

I'd quite like opts what comes of it. 

Would also be possible to not do it weekly but as often as we get atleast 5 participants

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Would also be possible to not do it weekly but as often as we get atleast 5 participants

Yeah, it could be a more casual series, schedule/upload wise. 

Yeah, it could be a more casual series, schedule/upload wise. 

The problem would be to find editors and to get a theme going, maybe one week its cases the other one it is setups and on and on

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

The problem would be to find editors and to get a theme going, maybe one week its cases the other one it is setups and on and on

Thats actually a nice idea, yeah. Weekly themes would be very nice. Or even bimonthly if it comes to it.

As for editing. Unless people want to use it as an opportunity to learn. They could be casually done infront of the product, a la unboxing videos. I see it hard to get constant editors. 

Thats actually a nice idea, yeah. Weekly themes would be very nice. Or even bimonthly if it comes to it.

As for editing. Unless people want to use it as an opportunity to learn. They could be casually done infront of the product, a la unboxing videos. I see it hard to get constant editors. 

Yeah actually if you plan your shot good enough you should be able to just cut a bit in windows movie maker ^^

You'd honestly be better off making your own YouTube channel and whenever you make a new video post it here on LTT under user reviews. That way there is no competition among members and everyone can contribute what they want (you can already do this). People who don't already make their own videos for sharing here on LTT aren't probably doing so for a good reason.

Yeah actually if you plan your shot good enough you should be able to just cut a bit in windows movie maker ^^

Absolutely! i'm quite excited for this all of a sudden...  

although what would the videos consist of? I mean, we already have a review section. An expansion of this? with only videos? I get that we could do themes, so would people go for wha they like? 

A review, a mod,? 

You'd honestly be better off making your own YouTube channel and whenever you make a new video post it here on LTT under user reviews. That way there is no competition among members and everyone can contribute what they want (you can already do this). People who don't already make their own videos for sharing here on LTT aren't probably doing so for a good reason.

I see your point of view, but I felt as though it could have been a fun way to bring members together, and get a community project going. 

It's a bit far fetched though ill give you that. 

Absolutely! i'm quite excited for this all of a sudden...  

although what would the videos consist of? I mean, we already have a review section. An expansion of this? with only videos? I get that we could do themes, so would people go for wha they like? 

A review, a mod,? 

Maybe for the first Theme we could to little mods that normally don't deserve an own thread but helped out amazingly with the way you use your PC, something like a extended power button so you can turn your pc on from the desk and stuff like this

Maybe for the first Theme we could to little mods that normally don't deserve an own thread but helped out amazingly with the way you use your PC, something like a extended power button so you can turn your pc on from the desk and stuff like this

Thats a neat idea alright. I oddest know how many people would chip in though. 

Thats a neat idea alright. I oddest know how many people would chip in though. 

Actually I think not as many at first but if the themes keep getting better their will be more and more

Actually I think not as many at first but if the themes keep getting better their will be more and more

yeah, once the momentum gets there. It does need approval from higher up though,unless a fanatics channel starts. 

yeah, once the momentum gets there. It does need approval from higher up though,unless a fanatics channel starts. 

I would like something like option 1, but the community does the voting instead of LMG.

Great idea, this would give others more oppurtunities to start up their own channel and start earning :D

Ok guys so here is what I think. I will create a platform for all to be able to send videos and what not, only with the approval of someone from LMG. going on it without "permission" will probably go badly. If they support it, and say "lets see what comes out of it", I will start working on the platform.

@LinusTech

@nicklmg

@Slick

What do you think?

Sounds like a great idea to me.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Ok guys so here is what I think. I will create a platform for all to be able to send videos and what not, only with the approval of someone from LMG. going on it without "permission" will probably go badly. If they support it, and say "lets see what comes out of it", I will start working on the platform.

Cool :) 

There was NCIX Tech tips.  Why did Linus open LinusTechTips? I know that now NCIX is more about news, but 2 years ago it was the same...

I do not understand. Can you please say more? I realy dont want LMG to get sued, but I dont understand why will somone sue?

No, the community thing is being done.

I'll give you a for instance... Matt Stone & Trey Parker make South Park with their team, and have said they will not accept anything, BECAUSE they can get sued unless the idea creator signs a contract and all sorts of other crap JUST to take the idea. So that could happen here...

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Id love to work in anyway to Linus Media Goup. Imagine we could just have something like a card saying we are trusted people from linus community, we are tech and we can help.

me <-LTT student, user, customer, audience,link, forum member, im graduating in protein folding, and spreading lots of knowledge here in my town.

next month is my birthday Im goin to ask my brother who allways buy me t-shirts from Australia, to have a little deltail and check out what holy cats and wan show are

No, the community thing is being done.

I'll give you a for instance... Matt Stone & Trey Parker make South Park with their team, and have said they will not accept anything, BECAUSE they can get sued unless the idea creator signs a contract and all sorts of other crap JUST to take the idea. So that could happen here...

I am no lawyer, but I believe that if there is a website, and there are "terms of use", and to upload content you need to accept them, and it indicates (among other things): "You declare that you have the full right to your content, and you are acountable for content you upload that is not yours. You give up all of your rights to a video once you post it,"

I dont know but I just think you can get around this

It could be a community project. I don't think the LMG team will have the time to sort through and edit more videos. But there could be a subforum where people can post there videos and the community can vote on if it should be put up on the channel. And if something needs to be changed the community can say so and have the person fix that issue.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

Hey guys!

I have an idea that I call "LinusFansTips" it is essentially a VidBox that the community sends unedited/edited reviews (have to be with a tripod, at least 720p, good light, clear and proffesional) and it will have a voting system that the community rates.

It can go 2 ways:

1 - LMG will choose 1 video per week, edit it a little, and post it.

2 - Opening a youtube channel called LinusFansTips or something, uploading the videos there - so videos preferably will be edited, and if unedited we will edit it.

What do you think?

If you are a part of LMG - Do you want this? will it be great?

If you are part of the community - Will you want to send videos? Will you want to review in video form?

If so, I will take on myself to build this VidBox.

Thanks guys,

DFTBA.

EDIT:

Strawpole: http://strawpoll.me/3704863

Another EDIT:

At the moment I see a lot are excited for a project like this, and we need a thought from an LMG member to see if we can give it a try.

Something like this would be fun to do and see. Count me in.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

I think the idea is pretty great(and I'd personally enjoy it, as well as contribute) but I do see some "hurdles".

As others have stated, attaching LMG to the proposed channel/videos/reviews/etc is very unlikely to happen. There are simply too many legal ramifications. One person can truly ruin it for all. You could have 99% of the community following the "format", and then one person decides otherwise, and it's LMG, not any of us - that has to "pay for it"

I think if this idea were to be successful, it would be in a community-driven and community-enforced format, without involving LMG directly. I could see it being a possibility if LMG was only attached in-so-far as allowing the forum to be used by the community (like how the Member Reviews section is now). The community would do the videos, editing, reviews and voting. At that point, LMG could offer their own personal opinions, within the forum; without legal ramifications of intellectual property being violated by using so-and-so's video, etc.