[IDEA] LinusFansTips

Hey guys!

I have an idea that I call "LinusFansTips" it is essentially a VidBox that the community sends unedited/edited reviews (have to be with a tripod, at least 720p, good light, clear and proffesional) and it will have a voting system that the community rates.

It can go 2 ways:

1 - LMG will choose 1 video per week, edit it a little, and post it.

2 - Opening a youtube channel called LinusFansTips or something, uploading the videos there - so videos preferably will be edited, and if unedited we will edit it.

What do you think?

If you are a part of LMG - Do you want this? will it be great?

If you are part of the community - Will you want to send videos? Will you want to review in video form?

If so, I will take on myself to build this VidBox.

Thanks guys,

DFTBA.

EDIT:

Strawpole: http://strawpoll.me/3704863

Another EDIT:

At the moment I see a lot are excited for a project like this, and we need a thought from an LMG member to see if we can give it a try.

Final EDIT?

So I opened a website on one of my domains, http://exchanger.co.il/

If you want to use it, please read the short guidelines - http://exchanger.co.il/pages/guidelines

I think you will find it more than enough for this idea.

Let me know what you think.

General Info:

This is an experiment. Its a try that is probably destened to fail, but who cares.

- I will not add ads on the website.

- This is a remporary domain, until we decide on a name.

- This is a community channel, every vote and every opinion counts.

- Be kind, don't swear, and provide usefull feedback.

Hey guys, so these are the guidelines!

- Upload videos that are your own! Only videos from youtube that are unlisted will be accepted. DO NOT upload directly to the website. Direct uploads will be deleted.

- Do not upload videos of other people.

- Record clean, preferably one take, preferably with a script video, when the product is infront of the camera or you sit infront of the camera.

Help us!

- We need a couple of things:

- Name - suggest a name and preferably add a logo under "Art" category. - Do not suggest any ideas like "LinusFanTips", this is to close and we do not have authorisation.

- Logo - when name is chosen, if you know photoshop add a logo with the name in it. Also will be cosen in that point a color scheme for the website/channel - 2 colors.

- Icon + Channel Art - When we have a name and a Logo, we need an icon that is acceptible by youtube, and a channel art.

We hope you will like it here, and will try to help this idea thrive.

Kinda like AHCommunity?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Kinda like AHCommunity?

Didnt know it, but after a quick look, yeah pretty much.

(Will be a little harder because it is with cameras and equipment and not just Shadoplay or something)

If seperate channel, and it will have incoms (I doubt it) will go to support LMG or W/E.

I myself have a reviewing channel, and after 2 or 3 videos I got the hang of it and Im doing good quality videos - not close to LMG's but.... (In Hebrew..)

Hey guys!

-snip-

I think it'd be a legal issue... Because the staff gets paid, and you'd be contributing, so they probably don't want anything or anyone to cause issues by trying to sue for not getting compensated... Plus they work every day on editing as so as it is, I'm sure they don't need the extra work, sadly. Don't mean to be a buzzkill, but...

:P

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Cool idea, but I would probably brush off all of the videos, to make progress on youtube you can't leach off of another channels success, you have to make it there yourself. I mean, for a small thing on the forum is sounds okay though; like the anime club, we vote on something to review and have a poll later on on which is the best one.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

I think it'd be a legal issue... Because the staff gets paid, and you'd be contributing, so they probably don't want anything or anyone to cause issues by trying to sue for not getting compensated... Plus they work every day on editing as so as it is, I'm sure they don't need the extra work, sadly. Don't mean to be a buzzkill, but...

I dont see it as extra work. if the community sends videos and then the community votes on videos, it will be a matter of choosing 1 of the top 5 per week, and just a little more editing it. (as I see it)

If it is extra work for LMG, I offered a second solution of a second channel runed by the community.

Would be cool. But I couldn't see this happening until their staff expands more to at least 10 or 15 people.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I dont see it as extra work. if the community sends videos and then the community votes on videos, it will be a matter of choosing 1 of the top 5 per week, and just a little more editing it. (as I see it)

If it is extra work for LMG, I offered a second solution of a second channel runed by the community.

But if it goes bad, that's smearing their name... It won't happen. I'd be willing to bet that LinusTech would NEVER let something bad that could be prevented happen to something he worked so much on, and invested so much in both time and money. Edited by Prastupok

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Cool idea, but I would probably brush off all of the videos, to make progress on youtube you can't leach off of another channels success, you have to make it there yourself. I mean, for a small thing on the forum is sounds okay though; like the anime club, we vote on something to review and have a poll later on on which is the best one.

I understand. It is not intended to be a 100K subs channel, it is intended for us to see reviews from the community, and to grow the community. I know how it sounds, but I myself am not a native English speaker, as do a lot of the viewers, so Im not taking a big part in the forum because It takes a lot of time to read a thread. Listening to a video is much different.

Dont want to ride anyone, I wish that LMG will take it on them, but if not and you are interested, It will be cool.

Would be cool. But I couldn't see this happening until their staff expands more to at least 10 or 15 people.

It doesnt have to be runned by them, I wish it would but it doesnt have to..

But if it goes bad, that's smearing their name... It won't happen. I'd be willing to bet that LinusTech would NEVER let that happen to something he worked so much on.

I get it. "LinusFansTips" is a name I came up with in 3 seconds, I think that we can find a better one that suits and also does not intend a major connection. This is just a way I think expressing your tech knolage will be awesome at.. In my opinion, this does not need to take place at all if the forum members post a youtube video near the review, so it is more accecible..

I get it. "LinusFansTips" is a name I came up with in 3 seconds, I think that we can find a better one that suits and also does not intend a major connection. This is just a way I think expressing your tech knolage will be awesome at.. In my opinion, this does not need to take place at all if the forum members post a youtube video near the review, so it is more accecible..

Originality is what YouTube needs. There's plenty of people doing similar things in their own way, and I feel the best way is to just start making videos. Individuality is great :) Sadly, the logistics of getting hundreds, or more, videos all managed by a SINGLE open channel is just a bad recipe.

Originality is what YouTube needs. There's plenty of people doing similar things in their own way, and I feel the best way is to just start making videos. Individuality is great :) Sadly, the logistics of getting hundreds, or more, videos all managed by a SINGLE open channel is just a bad recipe.

Look at this: https://www.youtube.com/user/AHCommunityVids

they do it.. 

Its just a fun Idea, if you want if people will want to take part in it, I will do my best to get it working. if people will not, Its fine.. No harm no foul..

Well you're sending it in voluntarily, so doesn't that make you a volunteer?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Look at this: https://www.youtube.com/user/AHCommunityVids

they do it..

Its just a fun Idea, if you want if people will want to take part in it, I will do my best to get it working. if people will not, Its fine.. No harm no foul..

That's the thing though. It's already being done. YouTube needs more original ideas. Rehashed ideas don't thrive on there.

Well you're sending it in voluntarily, so doesn't that make you a volunteer?

It follows the same laws as in entertainment. That's the reason tv shows only accept ideas through their legal team.. If an original idea came from that person that they use, they can get sued. And I'd hate to see that happen.

I think its a good idea, but I think LMG may not want to invest the time, I think it would be a good protege network, LMG could weigh in and offer input, but certain community bigwigs would run the channel, editing, triage, pruning, etc. I'd support it, if I had the software and the experience I'd even help run it, but I'm a quick study, not an experienced editor.

There must be people on the Forum that can edit aswell so why should the LMG crew do it, Linus could create the channel though and upload the weekly winner, would love to see it

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

That's the thing though. It's already being done. YouTube needs more original ideas. Rehashed ideas don't thrive on there.

There was NCIX Tech tips.  Why did Linus open LinusTechTips? I know that now NCIX is more about news, but 2 years ago it was the same...

It follows the same laws as in entertainment. That's the reason tv shows only accept ideas through their legal team.. If an original idea came from that person that they use, they can get sued. And I'd hate to see that happen.

I do not understand. Can you please say more? I realy dont want LMG to get sued, but I dont understand why will somone sue?

I think its a good idea, but I think LMG may not want to invest the time, I think it would be a good protege network, LMG could weigh in and offer input, but certain community bigwigs would run the channel, editing, triage, pruning, etc. I'd support it, if I had the software and the experience I'd even help run it, but I'm a quick study, not an experienced editor.

Thats awsome! I think that in the grand Idea there should be a place for Intros/Outros , Graphics, and videos. videos that are selected as best will be edited by someone, just to add intro/outro, and little things. Im sure people will glad to edit. (Adding an intro/outro takes about 5 seconds, rendering it is a different thing :) )

There must be people on the Forum that can edit aswell so why should the LMG crew do it, Linus could create the channel though and upload the weekly winner, would love to see it

Yeah thats the Idea!

BTW: added a strawpole http://strawpoll.me/3704863

What if all the creators agree that profits from advertising go to LMG as a way of helping his company and their families?

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

What if all the creators agree that profits from advertising go to LMG as a way of helping his company and their families?

I agree, but also to editors. If someone takes his time and takes on himself to edit the videos so they will be more proffesional, I think it will be a good motivation giver.

Oh...I was fully expecting

160407.jpg160407.jpg

H006Ntu.jpg

LOL

I was hoping that someone will do this :)

His face...

Great idea, this would give others more oppurtunities to start up their own channel and start earning :D

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

I would like something like option 1, but the community does the voting instead of LMG.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.