After a new Modem

perplex

Ive had a range of modems and currently need a new one again, i forgot the model numbers but it went like this

Netgear - was ok, just got old
Netcom - NB5 - seems to work fine, doenst have wireless, and only 1 ethernet (got with internet plan)

Billion - always got drop outs

Netgear - DGND3300 - its blown 2 power adapters, on/off switch is buggy, turning wireless on and off is dodgy. not gigabit ethernet

so im after a new one

my range is about 130 bucks AUD, im looking at the DGNG4000 now,

it need to have at least 4 ethernet ports gigabit , wireless *need super good wireless, need go to through brick, so long range wireless* stable connection, if you can get AC for 150 bucks then i might go for that, but thats no big deal, id rather quality first

anyone?

ive also looked at the Asus, but its getting abit high in price

ASUS DSL-N55U - $151

DGNG4000 - $140

Can you maybe stretch your budget abit and get the ASUS N66u? It's currently the best wireless n router on the market.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2028227/asus-rt-n66u-router-review-the-best-802-11n-router-for-the-home-or-home-office.html

It's around $150.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Can you maybe stretch your budget abit and get the ASUS N66u? It's currently the best wireless n router on the market.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2028227/asus-rt-n66u-router-review-the-best-802-11n-router-for-the-home-or-home-office.html

It's around $150.

I think he is asking for a router with an ADSL modem built in, which the RT-N66U does not have.

OP you could always use one of your old routers with a built in modem in bridge/modem only mode, and plug a new router into that. If you are are on ADSL then I doubt that it would bottleneck you.

I think he is asking for a router with an ADSL modem built in, which the RT-N66U does not have.

OP you could always use one of your old routers with a built in modem in bridge/modem only mode, and plug a new router into that. If you are are on ADSL then I doubt that it would bottleneck you.

Oops, missed that -.-

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

It's around $150.

need a modem but i guess the ASUS DSL-N55U would be close to that

looking for a new modem all together.

is there any difference from a modem+router together inbuilt to a separate modem and separate router

had anyone used both the Asus DSL-N55U and netgear DGNG4000? if so what your thoughts on them?

my dngn3300 seems so poorly built, i heard the asus isnt really good for long lines from the exchange

Is the Asus port 1 a WAN port also?

im sure both are very good, just wanna know whats better since they are around the same price

is there any difference from a modem+router together inbuilt to a separate modem and separate router

Well, the only difference would be that you would have two boxes instead of one. One which will only act as a modem, and one which will only act as a router.

Well, the only difference would be that you would have two boxes instead of one. One which will only act as a modem, and one which will only act as a router.

lol yea, i was just thinking maybe they perform better separate or something, because i dont see why people would spend double there money, or is just buying a modem cheap? and the wireless router is more expensive?