Upgrade advice

After investing a ton of money into my Z77 build, I'm wondering if its going to be beneficial to upgrade my Core i5 3450 to Core i7 3770. With Haswell on its way, I feel like Ivy Bridge is still going to be a solid gaming platform for the next 3-5 years. I know guys who are still running first gen Core i7 and they aren't having any issues running the latest game at mid to high settings. So I was thinking if I upgrade to the 3770 ill be set for next 3-5 years. And I know most of you guys are going to say I should get the 3770k and overclock it however, I do not like overclocking. And my current build is as follows.

ASUS Sabertooth Z77

Intel Core i5 3450

8gbs of Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600mhz

EVGA GEFORCE 660ti SC

Intel 520 180GB SSD

Corsiar AX 750

All of this is nicely living inside my Corsair C70 Artic White Case with several Corsair 120 AF&SP Fans installed and CM TX3 Heatsink

i5 3450 is enough for games, you only need an upgrade if you do heavy editing/rendering.

Good Morning...

the 3770K over a 3450 won't make any difference in gaming at all.

the only difference worth changing the processor for is the unlocked multiplier,and since you don't like overclocking you don't need that.

if your itching to upgrade your system I'd oust that 660 ti before I'd oust the i5,since the bottleneck in your system would be the graphics card.

and I wouldn't do that just yet since you only recently bought that graphics card.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

i5 3450 is enough for games, you only need an upgrade if you do heavy editing/rendering.
i agree with this