NVIDIA have been hit with a class action suit over the GTX 970.

The problem is at the chip level, and AIBs cannot modify the chip themselves. So every 970, however customized, is still a GTX 970 with the memory bandwidth and ROP & cache fault.

I'm not talking about the effects or results. Remember @DeViLzzz said he didn't care about the performance of the card. He was angry about the gimped specs. And what I thought @ said was that the missing ROPs and cache was not the case of every 970.

Uhhh.. I never said that becuase that would be stupid and not reflect the facts. I was saying that the lawsuit which was filed in 1 state in America wouldn't affect all GTX 970 users, as not just one state in the US has GTX 970 owners, what about the millions of other people who bought one?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Uhhh.. I never said that becuase that would be stupid and not reflect the facts. I was saying that the lawsuit which was filed in 1 state in America wouldn't affect all GTX 970 users, as not just one state in the US has GTX 970 owners, what about the millions of other people who bought one?

That is a good point.  What about the people in Canada and other parts of the world?  Oh wait Nvidia could have taken care of this properly like a real company does and recalled the cards but nope they didn't.  Pretty bad when it has come to this and many consumers don't care.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

That is a good point.  What about the people in Canada and other parts of the world?  Oh wait Nvidia could have taken care of this properly like a real company does and recalled the cards but nope they didn't.  Pretty bad when it has come to this and many consumers don't care.

Personally I care that they lied and they definitely shouldn't of done that and it does make me mad, but I am happy with the performance I get from my 2 970s regardless. 

I actually get perfectly fine framerates whilst using over 3.5, but it stutters a little tiny bit.   I have to use DSR @ 5120x2880 in the games I play to even use over 3.5gb, which is quite unrealistic anyways.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Start your own class action already in Canada instead of just talking about it. Toronto has some very good firms that I could recommend. Go on, get the ball rolling. 

A "recall"? That's for shit that endangers lives or property. A simple working return policy and an amendment to the marketing would be just fine. Neither of which will happen of course.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

I think it's fair to sue Nvidia, but why GIgabtye?

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Well, in Australia we have exceptional consumer protection laws, quite simply the retailer has to give a complete refund because the product is not as described by the manufacturer.  After that the retailer has legal rights to claim refunds from the manufacturer and so on it goes.

For the consumer their is the ACCC, Small claims tribunal and the ombudsman. All of which have the power to enforce a refund if the retailer refuses.  After that a retailer can and does get taken to court by the ACCC.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Start your own class action already in Canada instead of just talking about it. Toronto has some very good firms that I could recommend. Go on, get the ball rolling. 

I don't have a card so I wouldn't start one.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I just ran AC: Unity @ 1440p ultra settings and had no stuttering. Even @ 4gb of vram................uploading the video as we speak.

I thought AC: Unity has issues regardless of the what GPU is being used. Did they fix all the problems with the game?

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

I thought AC: Unity has issues regardless of the what GPU is being used. Did they fix all the problems with the game?

Being Ubisoft, probably not. They are already preparing to thrash the corps that was AC with another game already.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

People saying "how do you know nvidia did it on purpose"

They didn't say shit until they were caught.   That says enough for me IMO.

I'm one of those that think's NVIDIA knew what they were doing - but still!

Even if they didn't know, or they didn't do it on purpose - IT'S COMPLETLY IRRELEVANT, because the cards came to the market and defrauded customers. They accepted the money and didn't refund it.

It's just like BP saying "Oh we are so sorry we didn't do the oil spills on purpous :_(... it won't happen again", wich I'm sure they didn't do it on purpose... who gives a flying fuck about multibillion dollar companys irresponsabile apologies?