:o

( I kind of have to agree, but they both know stuff about different stuff )

Well that is alright.. It's 9 AM (9 in the morning) for me, and I am not that good at timezones.

It's 11:55 AM +4 GMT.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

It's like 12AM.

PST

Well half an hour off (it's 11:36 over here) 

But yeah it ranges from 11 pm to 1 am for upload times i've noticed.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

(it's 11:36 over here) 

Uhh Vancouver is in PST

you posted that post at 12:04AM PST.....

Uhh Vancouver is in PST

you posted that post at 12:04AM PST.....

Well that might explain why I've been late for school for the past 2 months.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

watching this at 2:30 am is breaking my head 

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

I hope they make a EF-M to EF Speedbooster soon. I have a Canon EOS M and having something that's more than just an adapter would be awesome. It's a bit expensive though and I don't even have any EF lenses yet.

Bitfenix Shinobi Window, ASUS P8Z77-V PRO, Intel i5 3570k Cooled by Noctua NH-U12S, msi GTX 660 (non-ti) 2GB, Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz 8GBCorsair CX600, Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB, ASUS Xonar DGX, Windows 7 Home Premium, 1995 IBM Model M2 (buckling springs), SteelSeries Sensei RAW, Sennheiser HD 518, A 22" 1680x1050 LG TV, Samsung S27D390H 27" PLS HD Monitor, Crucial MX-100 256GB SSD, RGB Case LEDs from IKEA(no kidding)

Do they make one to go from canon ef to ef-s? I ask because that's what would most interest me.

Do they make one to go from canon ef to ef-s? I ask because that's what would most interest me.

From the Metabones FAQ: 

Bitfenix Shinobi Window, ASUS P8Z77-V PRO, Intel i5 3570k Cooled by Noctua NH-U12S, msi GTX 660 (non-ti) 2GB, Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz 8GBCorsair CX600, Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB, ASUS Xonar DGX, Windows 7 Home Premium, 1995 IBM Model M2 (buckling springs), SteelSeries Sensei RAW, Sennheiser HD 518, A 22" 1680x1050 LG TV, Samsung S27D390H 27" PLS HD Monitor, Crucial MX-100 256GB SSD, RGB Case LEDs from IKEA(no kidding)

Hey Brandon,

Long time watcher, first time commenter. 

Excellent video. Looking forward to the next one. I really enjoyed it despite being a bit of a camera noob. I found the language appropriate and easy to follow.

However, when the slide (starting form 1:10) was introduced I think that it was too cluttered. With a lot of "unnecessary words." Such as "you get out of your camera" It could have been put on the screen and not needed a voice over as you were reading it word for word. 

Instead, I think that it would have been much more effective if you had only a couple of keywords on the slide and read out the same thing.

Eg.

1. Widens the field of view

2. Adds overall sharpness

3. Seemingly increases the amount of light that enters the camera

With the same voice over. Which was very well done.

On a different note. I thought that it was a interesting choice to use "your" instead of "the." It feels more like an ad with "your" and "the" makes you seem more objective.

These are just my thoughts, and not a criticism. I hope that you find this opinion useful. Even if you do not follow them. If any of these decisions were deliberate I would be interested to hear your thought process as to why. As well as those from the community.

Hope to hear from you,

Gorgeous_Georgeous

Cool video. I didn't even know these things exist :P
(i still don't need them though)

will this work on my Nikon d5300?

PCPP http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Vg96f7 CPU: Intel i7 4790K MoBo: Gigabyte Z97X S.O.C Ram: G.Skill 2x 8gb GPU: 2x AMD R9 290x in CrossFire SoundCard: Creative Sound Blaster z Case: NZXT H440 RED/BLK Storage: 2x Intel 520s 120gb Raid 0 + 2tb Seagate 7200 PSU: EVGA 1000W G2 Fully Modular Display: Samsung UHD 4K 28'' KeyBoard: Corsair K65 RGB Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T 7 Sound: Logitech z506 OS: Windows 10 TP

I felt out my element on this video.

Now I know what it feels like when I try to explain stuff about computers to others that arn't techie. 

I guess that's what the Fast as possible is for.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

I felt out my element on this video.

Now I know what it feels like when I try to explain stuff about computers to others that arn't techie. 

I guess that's what the Fast as possible is for.

Same here.. Had to open about 20 tabs and search these terms..

excellent job brandon

♠ Lamine O. Mingwan  UEE Record #256532 

Anvil Aerospace F7C Hornet ♦ MISC Freelancer DUR ♥

I'd be interested to see comparisons between the Metabones SpeedBooster and some of the cheap Chinese knock-offs. Being that, like discussed in the video, the light is 'compressed' and can actually help sharpness, would the cheaper versions have rather negligible differences? I got a Canon FD to m4/3 SpeedBooster when they first released them as I have several FD (and adaptable to FD-mount) lenses for my GH2. $400 for doubling your legacy lens focal lengths is a small price to pay, though cheaper alternatives for mounts that I only have one or two lenses for would be easier to justify.

1. Yes we do.

2. Brandon was good and he should appear more.

3. For one week - 7 days - I would to see all Linustechtips videos done by LMG members other than linus, so no linus for a week sounds pretty good, the WAN show is included BTW so @Slick would have to get someone else to host the show with him.

#NoLinusWeek

From the Metabones FAQ:

#poop

they need to try harder!

for someone who's not even slightly interested in cameras, i still found the video entertaining, tho, way too technical for me, i got the idea of what and how does this thing do/work and that it doesn't work with all cameras, but other than that, it was all mumbo jumbo for me

but i still enjoyed the video, probably coz of my man crush on Brandon :wub: , no homo 

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

First off, as a photog for almost 5 years now all I can say is: Superb job Brandon.

Now, about this converter itself: Surely it isn't all perfect, what about chromatic aberration or any refraction-related artifacts? It says it doesn't "loose sharpness" but I'm sure there's significant spherical/barrel distortion in the final image. Sadly, almost everything in photography is a tradeoff, and here we probably trade refraction and shape accuracy for some extra f-numbers (which I'll actually gladly do! ^_^ ). Has anybody found the spec sheet of this lens?

Awesome video Brandon!!

Question: since this device causes the image to hit a smaller portion of the sensor, does this mean that in order to get say a 1080p recording you have to have a sensor that is capable of greater than 1080p?  i.e if we were talking about a say 10 megapixel sensor, doesn't this device only cause the image to hit say maybe 3/4 of the sensor? So you would really only end up with a 7.5 megapixel photo?

Sorry if I misunderstood how the device works, I definitely am not a camera expert by any means.

So for them to use a canon lens on a canon body he has the Metabones EF to E mount adapter but does Metabones not make a G mount to G mount for Nikon lenses and bodies?

Brandon I am quite enjoying this video series! Keep up the good work :)

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB