mechanical

CalumGiff

I have £40 to spend on a keyboard and i was wondering would i be better off buying a £40 membrane gaming board or pick up the zalman zm k500 which is aa mechanica keyboard for £38

CPU-i5 4690k 4.4ghz @ 1.190V, MOBO-MSI z97 gaming 3, Cooler-hyper 212 evo, GPU- r9 290x asus directcuII (-37Mv), Storage-120gb v300(switching soon), 1tb caviar blue, CASE-Red/black h440, PSU-Antec TPC 650.

if you really like mechanical switches then yes, but I think for 40pounds there are some really nice membrane keyboards out there.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Mechanical keyboards generally have a reputation as being superior to their counterparts, however it really just comes down to personal preference. Try some mechanical keyboards in-store if you can, and see how you like them.

Spoiler

Not sure if you will be able to find a mechanical keyboard for 40 quid, and if you do, it will be a very basic one with almost no features.

Check out the Microsoft Sidewinder X4.  Its membrane, but damn, its a fantastic keyboard for the price.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."