Is Battlefield Hardline a separate game?

Shally

Not really, and I have played it. Bad company was the first battlefield I really enjoyed. Bad company 2 perfected the formula and bf3 is when it went down hill. Still enjoyed it but it's not even close.

guess you played it in 2010++

it was the best in 2006-2012 , when they shutdown gamespy went down a lot, but the mod community is still up and, mods are getting updated

i played both and i can clearly say BF2>BFBC2

i like the huge maps in BF2 and lots of vehicles

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Having played the open beta a lot I definetly enjoyed the more dominant infantry play. The last BF's have been vehicle centric games and hardline makes infantry fun again.

Heist was a new gamemode that proved very good.

Different game, but don't pre-order it. BF4 release was a fiasco and it's EA, so you should wait to see if they deliver on release this time.

Hardware: 4790k @ 4.6 GHz w/ H100i - MSI GTX 970 - Define R5 - MSI Z97 PC Mate - 840 EVO - G.Skill 2x4 GB

Peripherals: G402 - ATH-AD700x - Asus VG248QE 144 hz

Bf2>Bfbc2

Guess you never played bf2

And probobly just joined in bf3/bc2

Battlefield 2 is 1000 times better than bfbc2

Vanilla BF2 was pretty meh, the mods are what made it enjoyable :)

Vanilla BF2 was pretty meh, the mods are what made it enjoyable :)

i like vanilla

i play forgotten hope 2 mod

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i like vanilla

i play forgotten hope 2 mod

FH2 is great, but you know what i mean, the mod scene was superb.

If you really think a game thats running on the same engine means it should be DLC then you're broken.

nothing feels like its been reskined, verything is new, every modle is new or heavily modified, Textures seem now, Sounds are new, Physics are new, Netcode is new, Gameplay is new, Maps new too, Everything is new, BFH is new ffs.

I agree, that's like saying the forest should be dlc for 7 days to die because they both use unity...

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

If you start think which games in the series are clear "re-skins" as you say. The ones I can say for sure are BF:Vietnam (using same engine as BF1942 and choppers made like they are in DC mod), BF2142 (over BF2 and having record of shortest life in the series) and now Hardline. Actually one could say that BFP4F is also re-skin, over BF2 and BFH (as in Battlefield:Heroes).

BC2 isn't that bad game either. But its ONLY game in whole series that has been made priority to consoles. Which can be seen in small maps, missing strafe move, generally slow and glumsy movement. And to note that it also used halfway engine with Frostbite1.5. It was good one year between BF2 and BF3. But they made too many mistakes in both game design and map design so it isn't top of my list in series.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It's the newest game, and it's fairly bad. It has it's moments but I won't buy it for more than 20 bucks.

how was it bad? i loved it 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

how was it bad? i loved it 

balance is all broken, bullet drop off damage is super broken. And don't give me it's a beta it will be better on release. If anything it got worse from 6 months ago, how is it going to get better in 1 month?

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

It's the service model, they're not selling you actual games. It has a throwaway SP campaign and some changes in multiplayer that could be labeled as "this would've been sold as an expansion in the past" or "this looks like a mod". There were already hackers in the Hardline beta, what does that tell you? I wouldn't be surprised if it was just the old hacks used with little to no modifications.

You pay ~120$ / year to keep playing. The game has a rather significant pay2win aspect in it. I only had BF3 (vanilla), I basically got it with hardware back then. I didn't play it too much so I lacked vehicle upgrades. The weapon progression system was awful, get kills to get X scope for your weapon (that weapons like FAMAS absolutely needed). If you want ugprades right now, pay up! The cake comes with better weapons released in expansions and premium edition players getting priority access in server queues. Yeah, say hooray for being treated like a second-class citizen.

Progression systems were originally created because memory on carts were limited, so you could create lenghtier games by padding it up with RPG systems. Now it's more about content creation, creating EXP system into the game pads the game in a way where you can say it lasts X hours longer than it would without repeat content. Mechanically, unlocking things serves a purpose of not overwhelming the player with too many options right off the bat, but these days the systems are gamed on by gating unlocks behind paywalls or making the progression so slow that the alternate currency that you buy is meant to be bought instead - or at least the EXP booster that raises the progression to a rate it should be at without the alternate currencies.

If you want to keep playing a game like that, it's essentially like subscribing to an MMO. Same with CoD.

It's the service model, they're not selling you actual games. It has a throwaway SP campaign and some changes in multiplayer that could be labeled as "this would've been sold as an expansion in the past" or "this looks like a mod".

The same changes sold as Battlefields Vietnam, 2142, 3, and 4 in the past.

There were already hackers in the Hardline beta, what does that tell you?

It tells me the game is running on the same engine, which was never new or surprising information. Pretty much every current and official future EA release is going to be using Frostbite 3 for the foreseeable future.

balance is all broken, bullet drop off damage is super broken. And don't give me it's a beta it will be better on release. If anything it got worse from 6 months ago, how is it going to get better in 1 month?

balance seems decent to me, not perfect but definitely not broken. As for bulletdrop i agree, felt like I was playing cod. No comment for the last bit, i only played the second beta :P

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

balance seems decent to me, not perfect but definitely not broken. As for bulletdrop i agree, felt like I was playing cod. No comment for the last bit, i only played the second beta :P

I actually think I enjoyed beta 1 more, it was more buggy certainly but the balance felt better. Maybe it was a symptom of being much closer to bf4. The drop off damage is hilarious at this point. It's like at 35m it takes 4 bullets to kill someone but at 45m it's 8. There is some obscure wall for each gun where it just decides to lose all power instead of gradually over distance.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I actually think I enjoyed beta 1 more, it was more buggy certainly but the balance felt better. Maybe it was a symptom of being much closer to bf4. The drop off damage is hilarious at this point. It's like at 35m it takes 4 bullets to kill someone but at 45m it's 8. There is some obscure wall for each gun where it just decides to lose all power instead of gradually over distance.

i think that did happen to me a few times... when using the sniper (can't remember the names but it happened on 3 i tried) sniping long range was even hitting anything.. I just figured my aim was off or something..