Good gaming PC?

SokSo

I would change the following:

- Change PSU to EVGA G2 750w

- Change SSD to either 850 Evo or MX200

- Change GPU to R9 290X if you're playing at 1440p or higher

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

I want to build a gaming pc i wonder if this is good parts? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KYF6xr

Looks pretty good.

But I would use a Corsair H110 or H105 instead of the H100i. Corsair Link isn't that great and the other two perform better at pretty much the same price.

Also if you could get a Gigabyre G1 Gaming GTX 980 instead of the standard Windforce GTX 980 you would be able to get a bit more performance out of your card and probably a longer lifespan. But that'll cost also a bit more.

Edit:

I would change the following:

- Change PSU to EVGA G2 750w
- Change SSD to either 850 Evo or MX200
- Change GPU to R9 290X if you're playing at 1440p or higher

I'm fine with what you wrote, but could you please constitute your points? (is constutute the right word for that?  :wacko: )

I think he should at least know why you've chosen those parts instead of the other ones. 

If you have the money to pay for that then go for it. 

This is just me put I would think about gettting the NZXT x61 cpu cooler instead. 

Its a 280mm and it will match the brand of the case. 

And keep in mind that you can't have all of you hard drive bays in with the windoforce card. 

But with only the ones that you have in that link you would be fine. 

I want to build a gaming pc i wonder if this is good parts? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KYF6xr

i7 is overkill for gaming, go for an i5 instead.

The Kingston V300 series SSD's are known to have problems, consider getting something else.  Other than that, nice build.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Looks pretty good.

But I would use a Corsair H110 or H105 instead of the H100i. Corsair Link isn't that great and the other two perform better at pretty much the same price.

Also if you could get a Gigabyre G1 Gaming GTX 980 instead of the standard Windforce GTX 980 you would be able to get a bit more performance out of your card and probably a longer lifespan. But that'll cost also a bit more life spand

and with the g1 card you get a nice back plate. 

Whats your budget?

What kind of games do you play?

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

- Gandalf the Grey

i7 is overkill for gaming, go for an i5 instead.

The Kingston V300 series SSD's are known to have problems, consider getting something else.  Other than that, nice build.

I agree. you could get better cooling instead of the i7 if you go for the i5. 

But If you have the money and want the bragging right why the heck not? (money of course) 

looks very good :) I would also take a 280mm radiator but the rest is solid
remember, and i say this all the time, if you do not absolutely need to overclock, there is still the xeon wich is an i7 whitout the overclocking and a little lower speed. but that does really not affect your performance much and it cost as much as an i5. just fyi

wow... pretty empty here...

I'm fine with what you wrote, but could you please constitute your points? (is constutute the right word for that?  :wacko: )

I think he should at least know why you've chosen those parts instead of the other ones. 

- The CX750 is tier 2 at best, the EVGA G2 750W is Top-tier with 100% top-quality japanese capacitors. The EVGA 750 is more efficient, will last longer and has a semi-fanless mode

- The V300 is just plain bad, they changed to bad flash and now it performs quite badly, just don't get it. The 850EVO and MX200 are very new SSD's and are incredibly fast. The 850EVO is slightly faster but the MX200 has MLC Nand flash (as opposed to TLC) which lasts more writes in general

- The R9 290X performs better at 1440p and higher than the 980 that's just a fact, not much more I can add to that

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

I agree. you could get better cooling instead of the i7 if you go for the i5. 

But If you have the money and want the bragging right why the heck not? (money of course) 

well yeah, obviously if you have money to blow, go for an i7, but I tend to find people want to save on parts if they won't help performance much.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Whats your budget?

What kind of games do you play?

Im going to play new games Far Cry 4, GTA V and CSGO. And some upcoming realeses this year

My budget is about 20000 Swedish kronor(About 2400USD)

I hage made two new list on yours suggestions. The first one has R9 290X and i have changed the PSU, CPU cooler and the ssd http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KFs3vK. The second one has the GTX 980 but i have changed the PSU, CPU cooler and the ssd http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wrwsxr

I am gona use the PC for some video editing too thats why i going with a i7 4790k.

Sorry for bad english.