[WIP] Snef's Purple Chimera (**Completed**)

Snef

Thanks for comments, really appreciate

Seems like you could do this part time or maybe even full time. You could naturally use the already finished builds as a portfolio and take orders for custom jobs. The only downside I see is that few people are going for desktops anymore and probably corporations take a big chunk of them. I can see some hip ad agencies ordering a uniform line of custom desktops but that's about it.

Are you willing to tell us how much you made when sold this one? If not the price itself, then how about would it be worth the trouble for the money you got to do it professionally?

In any case if this is something you like to do and you can at least get to +-0$ by building and selling than you are very lucky. I know from personal experience that having a hobby you can relax with and be passionate about is a blessing (possibly not the right word) indeed.

I did my build part time because I don't make any money, all my build are for hobby, sure I can take order for custom build, its a good idea, not sure quit my job for that (for now) but yes everything is possible

I sold it $1600cad and I made a parts list price with the buyer yesterday and the total cost is around $2500cad, but already have some parts and the real cost from my pocket on this one is around $2000

I know I lost some money but, just for the fact I can build computers like that, it worth the loss

Are these custom coloured?
If so, how do you do it?

no,

the fan are Xigmatek purple led

coolant is Mayhem Raspberry Purple (the picture on Mayhem website show blue but its real purple) 

I bought everythink like the picture except for some white parts like Res mount and holder, rad, gpu backplate, cpu waterblock, ram  and some other pats

My Build Logs

Snef Bloody Angel --- Sand of God --- Red Poseidon --- Purple Chimera BOTM July 26 2013 --- Icy Blue Angel BOTM May 10 2013 --- Extremmme Red DemonBOTM March 29 2013

Wow I had no idea that a build like this was even possible, amazing job. It is really unique! Beautiful

The color of the sleeving and the coolant match perfectly and the contrast ohhh the contrast. While I love black builds they don't leave much in the way of it but with a white one you have the rest of the rainbow to work with. A very tastefully done build.

A-MAZE-ING

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Beautiful, really makes me want to finish off my prodigy, and i think im going to put the window on the opposite side like yours.

Thanks for the inspiration ;)

WOW Ur just too awesome and the builds are just straight up ART 

Interested in Business and Technology

I got to say, this is actually the best built system with a unusual color-scheme i've ever seen. Would definitely pay like €2000+ for that.  

Great build!!! Congrats on making it to BOTW!! 
Quick question are you using paracord for the cable sleeving?? 

thanks everyone

Great build!!! Congrats on making it to BOTW!! 
Quick question are you using paracord for the cable sleeving?? 

nope, plastic Darkside Sleeving from Dazmode.com

My Build Logs

Snef Bloody Angel --- Sand of God --- Red Poseidon --- Purple Chimera BOTM July 26 2013 --- Icy Blue Angel BOTM May 10 2013 --- Extremmme Red DemonBOTM March 29 2013

Snef great work on your builds.

<p>PC Spec: Fractal Design R4, Asus Maximus V Gene, Intel i7 3770, BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 2 CPU Cooler, 16GB Mushkin Silverline RAM, MSI GTX 660, Corsair AX860i PSU, OCZ 120GB SSD, 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III HDD's.

My dad always laugh when I say modding is a kind of art, I showed him a few of your builds and he agrees with me... awesome looking build!

Hey everyone! I am in the running to be BOTM for Case Mod Contests computer forum. If you think that my PC is deserving to win, then please throw me a vote ;)

http://www.casemodcontest.com/f9/july-2013-cbm-contest-case-build-month-553/

Thanks

-Snef

My Build Logs

Snip

Tweeted :)

Another kickass rig from the master of classy

Superb plumbing skills ...awesome

Love the Caselabs Family shot  :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The coolant you used for this build is it just the pastel purple or did you add any dye to it etc?