Linus Tech episodes

Ezekiel

If this has come up already or is in the wrong place I'm sorry, but this is the only way I knew to get my opinion heard. 

First of all I get it, that getting out one video a day is very hard, especially when you try to keep up the quality high. I also understand that some videos take longer edit, and/or many people don't like to watch a 1hour video.

But what bothers me the most is that the episodes are so far from each other, that I would prefer that the first video of a series would only be released when it is possible to release all episodes in the same week.

I'm still a LTT fan but now if I see "part 1" I'm not excited to watch the video, but I feel down because I know it's going to take weeks until I get to see another part, and if that continues I will just stop watching multi- parts videos.

EDIT: Cases where that was extreme was "the bang for the buck z97 motherboard guide" the first and the last episode where like 1 month apart..or the whole room water cooling project, I diidn't even watch that until the end because after 1 month of waiting I simply lost interest.

If this has come up already or is in the wrong place I'm sorry, but this is the only way I knew to get my opinion heard. 

First of all I get it, that getting out one video a day is very hard, especially when you try to keep up the quality high. I also understand that some videos take longer edit, and/or many people don't like to watch a 1hour video.

But what bothers me the most is that the episodes are so far from each other, that I would prefer that the first video of a series would only be released when it is possible to release all episodes in the same week.

I'm still a LTT fan but now if I see "part 1" I'm not excited to watch the video, but I feel down because I know it's going to take weeks until I get to see another part, and if that continues I will just stop watching multi- parts videos.

True, but think about it, they have to release a video pretty much every day, and the footage for the same series still needs to be sorted.

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

I have to agree with you, I'm not a fan of multi part videos, I would prefer that they wait until that project has finished and release them in a playlist rather than all over the place.

I don't watch them until I know they have finished that multi part and I can watch them all in one go.

Azure Fists - "Grown men playing with each other since 2009"

Spoiler
Spoiler

CPU : Intel® Core™ i5-4590T, OS : Windows 10 64bit + Custom Alienware Console Interface, GPU : NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 860M 2GB GDDR5, RAM : 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz, SSD : Kingston V300 240GB, WIFI : Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 2x2 + Bluetooth 4.0, CASE : Alienware Alpha, PSU : External Power Brick, MOBO : Custom Dell Motherboard.

Spoiler

CPU : i5 6600, Mobo : Asus Z97i-Plus, RAM : 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Vengeance LED, GPU : Gigabyte G1 GTX 1080, Case : Silverstone RVZ02, Storage : SanDisk 1TB M.2, PSU : Silverstone Strider SST-SX700-LG, Display(s) : AOC Q2963PM 29" IPS Ultra Wide 21:9, Fans : Noctua NH-L9i with Be Quiet Pure Wings 2, Keyboard : Razer Blackwidow Stealth 2015, Mouse : Razer Naga 2015, Sound : LG Wireless Soundbar /Razer Kraken Pro, OS : Windows 10

True, but think about it, they have to release a video pretty much every day, and the footage for the same series still needs to be sorted.

Yea I agree, and I also know, that they have many things going on that they don't make videos of and that they are very busy, but surely there has to be a way to at least make the waiting time between episodes at least shorter. I'd even be fine if they released other videos until the whole series was ready to be uploaded.

Doesn't make a difference with me, I watch a lot of anime so one week cycle and cliff hangers I'm used to them, but what I don't like is @LinusTech being a troll - bad one I may say - trying to tease next episodes and telling me to subscribe.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Doesn't make a difference with me, I watch a lot of anime so one week cycle and cliff hangers I'm used to them, but what I don't like is @LinusTech being a troll - bad one I may say - trying to tease next episodes and telling me to subscribe.

#SUBSCRIBERGATE!

I'm not a fan of Multipart episodes either, should be all released at once imho.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

I don't mind multipart videos at all. I also enjoy the teaser at the front but I'm glad they just have a text promp to subscribe instead of asking everytime

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

lol im in the same boat :)

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

#SUBSCRIBERGATE!

I'm not a fan of Multipart episodes either, should be all released at once imho.

I'm sure @LinusTech would be sick of gates by now so why not,SUBSCRIBERGATE!

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

lol im in the same boat :)

It's nice to see I'm not the only one.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Haha for me it's the other way around, I got used to the teasing but if it were only one weak for one part, that would be reasonable, the cases I'm talking about it's like a month for one part.

I like LinusTechTips, that's why I subscribed and joined the forum, to show my support, but the multi-part stuff SUCKS! When I see "part 1" or even worse "part 1a" I don't even watch the video.

Please Linus, stop doing it! I understand your determination to release a video every day, but in my opinion, it's better to release 3-4 videos a week that are complete, instead of releasing "part 1, part 1a, part 2... etc"

For example, the bang for the buck motherboard video could have been only 2 parts, and still give us high quality information's we need.

Hmm, I see what you mean, it can be annoying never knowing when a series will be updated, tomorrow, the weekend, next month? 

I'd love to see a set day in the week for these series (Series Saturday anyone?).

It's impossible for them to know what's going to happen (like with the latest West Coast cooling episode), so they can't guarantee a video on that same subject on the same day, every week.

But they do have many series going, so maybe having other series related videos go up on that day would be nice. Giving at least some regular and expected continuity. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Or they could upload hour long videos with every part in it. I personally would enjoy that.

私はピザが大好きだよ。
CPU: i5 4670k - GPU: Twin Frozr GTX 760 - Mobo: Msi Z87 G45 - Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 - PSU: CX600M - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - Case: Fractal Design Define R4 - OS: Windows 8.1

Or they could upload hour long videos with every part in it. I personally would enjoy that.

As much as i would like this you have to realise that what they have is still a business.

And the more videos they put out the more returns they get. For larger much much more expensive videos like the ones that are segmented, keeping them in one long cut would only make them prohibitively expensive. (like their build logs, they have to have someone sponsor those for it to be a viable video) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I don't mind the fact that some videos are multi-part, what I do mind is that they have one part so long after the other, usually by the time part 2/2a/2a.1.1.b.a comes around I have forgotten all about part one. 

I actually don't mind. There will be times where I just wait until the weekend to watch videos on youtube.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

I don't mind the fact that some videos are multi-part, what I do mind is that they have one part so long after the other, usually by the time part 2/2a/2a.1.1.b.a comes around I have forgotten all about part one. 

It's a conspiracy, they want you to go watch all the other parts again to give them more $$$ /s

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

It's a conspiracy, they want you to go watch all the other parts again to give them more $$$ /s

Dam Linus's need to make money to feed his family!

I don't like the idea of it either, but they get out good content in a timely manner. Linus'll be damned if he would break his daily content release schedule.

I don't find any issue with multi-part videos, Sure I have to wait but who cares, I get more videos to watch and most of them are 10-20 minutes anyways.

I Also enjoy the video teasing, it's funny and gives me a heads up on what's coming soon.

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights"