{NZ} PBTech Gaming Sale

Tarou

Those prices... 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

lol those high prices...but probably a new zealand thing. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Tbh PBTech has some of the lowest prices for some stuff (that's a trustworthy store). But wouldn't our currencies differ? Or have yous already converted and compared the prices?

^ They don't have the best availability, for example they don't have Noctua products. But they do have pretty good prices because most of the smaller companies can't buy in the quantity PBtech buys in. The prices are still shit ($450 for RM1000), but still better than elsewhere in NZ.

Also, Australians click the link and stfu about your prices.

^ They don't have the best availability, for example they don't have Noctua products. But they do have pretty good prices because most of the smaller companies can't buy in the quantity PBtech buys in. The prices are still shit ($450 for RM1000), but still better than elsewhere in NZ.

Also, Australians click the link and stfu about your prices.

I never said they had the best available, just sometimes they have the best prices on some parts. But I get what you're saying

wait are you saying I should stfu about prices or the other guys?

nz prices are fucking shit, aussie prices are better sometimes; though once you add shipping it's roughly the same as nz price.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I agree that NZ prices can be shit at times. 

Sometimes I convert the price of something in the US and cry.... But then I just submit to the exploitation and pay the NZ prices because I have no choice :/

I've found Computer Lounge to be really good guys. Their prices are generally pretty decent, and often do 8% or 10% sales off everything every couple weeks. I'm waiting for them to do one of those sales before I buy a few 3TB drives to upgrade my server. Free, fast shipping and solid customer service is also great. PB tech fall short in that area sometimes. And my god are PB tech's overhyped in store only sales a mess sometimes. But there's limited solid options so I guess you just have to live with it. 

CPU i5 4430 3Ghz | Ram: 16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU: GTX 650 Ti 1GB | Mobo: H87N-Wifi | Case: White Bitfenix Prodigy | Boot Drive: 120GB 840 Evo (Mac OS X) 120gb OCZ Vertex 3 (Windows) | Games Drive: 640GB WD Green | OS: Windows 8 & OS X 10.9.1

I love all technology. The perfection of macs for my designer side, and the hardware and fun of tinkering on the of the pc side. We can have it all, just not at the same time.

wait are you saying I should stfu about prices or the other guys?

I'm taking a jab at the Australians who cry about the availability and pricing of components in Australia.

I used to only buy from PB Tech, but after a bad experience and crazy stupid prices, I've started buying and shipping the small, expensive things, over from the U.S.A.

- Sam.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97x-UD3H RAM: 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti SC w/ ACX SSD: Samsung 820 128gb HDD: Seagate 1TB PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme 800w Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout

I used to only buy from PB Tech, but after a bad experience and crazy stupid prices, I've started buying and shipping the small, expensive things, over from the U.S.A.

- Sam.

I have like no patience hahahah, unless its gonna save me alot of money I would do that. if it was only going to save me a few I would rather have it right now and then

I have like no patience hahahah, unless its gonna save me alot of money I would do that. if it was only going to save me a few I would rather have it right now and then

Yea. For example, I just bought a Samsung 850 EVO 500gb from those sales a week ago. It's a good $70+ cheaper including shipping, than buying it here.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97x-UD3H RAM: 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti SC w/ ACX SSD: Samsung 820 128gb HDD: Seagate 1TB PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme 800w Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout

I agree that NZ prices can be shit at times. 

Sometimes I convert the price of something in the US and cry.... But then I just submit to the exploitation and pay the NZ prices because I have no choice :/

I've found Computer Lounge to be really good guys. Their prices are generally pretty decent, and often do 8% or 10% sales off everything every couple weeks. I'm waiting for them to do one of those sales before I buy a few 3TB drives to upgrade my server. Free, fast shipping and solid customer service is also great. PB tech fall short in that area sometimes. And my god are PB tech's overhyped in store only sales a mess sometimes. But there's limited solid options so I guess you just have to live with it. 

CL <3

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

- Sam.

I've started looking into this more too. Amazon starting to ship more things to NZ these days for decent prices (Even ran across free shipping to Hamilton on something today. I was very surprised!). Headphones are way cheaper. A solid $100+ cheaper, and ship to NZ. 

I need 16GB ram to chuck in my server, but ram is so expensive still atm. Such a rip off. But in NZ it would be at least $220 or so. In the US I can get it for around $165 or so from amazon. So I'll probably grab it from there. 

I don't buy anything worth over $400 NZD from the US usually though due to the whole GST thing.... Unless i was getting a super good deal anyway. 

CPU i5 4430 3Ghz | Ram: 16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU: GTX 650 Ti 1GB | Mobo: H87N-Wifi | Case: White Bitfenix Prodigy | Boot Drive: 120GB 840 Evo (Mac OS X) 120gb OCZ Vertex 3 (Windows) | Games Drive: 640GB WD Green | OS: Windows 8 & OS X 10.9.1

I love all technology. The perfection of macs for my designer side, and the hardware and fun of tinkering on the of the pc side. We can have it all, just not at the same time.

I've started looking into this more too. Amazon starting to ship more things to NZ these days for decent prices (Even ran across free shipping to Hamilton on something today. I was very surprised!). Headphones are way cheaper. A solid $100+ cheaper, and ship to NZ. 

I need 16GB ram to chuck in my server, but ram is so expensive still atm. Such a rip off. But in NZ it would be at least $220 or so. In the US I can get it for around $165 or so from amazon. So I'll probably grab it from there. 

I don't buy anything worth over $400 NZD from the US usually though due to the whole GST thing.... Unless i was getting a super good deal anyway. 

Yea. Anything expensive is a no no for me. As well as bulky stuff, like cases.

- Sam