How many FPS can the human Eye see?

niofalpha

So I have a friend whos a Console Pleb who thinks that the human Eye can only see 30FPS...

The human eye can see more... Right?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

We can't see FPS. You're still able to tell smoother movement from choppier movement, everyone is different. There are people that claim 144hz doesn't make a difference from 60hz, when the difference is incredibly noticeable to alot of people. So going from 30fps to 60fps is about the same thing. Some people will notice, others won't. And both sides will think the other side is retarded for not agreeing with them.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

The eye senses changes in light. Think of it more like a camera that refreshes each pixel at different times, not all pixels at once.

So I have a friend whos a Console Pleb who thinks that the human Eye can only see 30FPS...

The human eye can see more... Right?

The human eye is being fed a constant stream of light, meaning we don't see "frames per second" or anything of that sort.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

We don't see in frames per second, so you're both wrong.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

We don't see in frames per second, so you're both wrong.

The human eye is being fed a constant stream of light, meaning we don't see "frames per second" or anything of that sort.

We can't see FPS. You're still able to tell smoother movement from choppier movement, everyone is different. There are people that claim 144hz doesn't make a difference from 60hz, when the difference is incredibly noticeable to alot of people. So going from 30fps to 60fps is about the same thing. Some people will notice, others won't. And both sides will think the other side is retarded for not agreeing with them.

human eye doesn't see fps

-snip-

Yes, I'm aware the eye doesn't see in FPS... I meant how many can the Human eye differentiate between?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

human eye doesn't see fps

the eye ''captures'' an unlimited number of ''frames'' each moment, the change happens imidiatly once the light waves changes over a region. its instantanious.

this is also why we have a small blure when we look somewhere, then imidiatly change where we look. because its so fast it would be blurry and give us nausia.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Actually our eyes constantly shake in order to see. Because if the eyes don't constantly shake then we don't see anymore because we have something called I forget but its like placing your phone on your leg or something, at first you feel it, but then after awhile you don't feel it there anymore

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Let me just enable ShadowPlay on my NVidia EYE 980 8GB to see how many FPS I get.

It shows 78 FPS starring at my screen with Ultra settings. Maybe I should overclock it a bit more...

Yes, I'm aware the eye doesn't see in FPS... I meant how many can the Human eye differentiate between?

up to a certain point, its insignificant and you can't tell the difference, although, it is different for each human. thus why there is so much contrevercy bout it

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

the situation is far more complex than just a number, basicly the faster things are moving on screen, the more fps you'll need for a good experience.

Let me just enable ShadowPlay on my NVidia EYE 980 8GB to see how many FPS I get.

It shows 78 FPS starring at my screen with Ultra settings. Maybe I should overclock it a bit more...

use carrots !

as always,69

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Our brain doesn't take in all information in our surroundings as well, so that is also why we have blurred effect when scanning for something

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Just ask him which online service he switches to when a pissant 2bit hacker group decides to DDoS Xbox live.

Oh wait...he can't

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

You don't see frames, you are stimulated by changes in light.

The brain has a processing speed that is completely relative to your current state of mind, and substance balance. Working in conjunction with the eyes, one can saturate each other.

With enough focus you can obtain information from very fast moving images, giving you that feeling of 'slowed time', which is just a combination higher mental load and eye throttling.

The limit is not known, it differs between each person, and even if you think you are hitting your limits, you are not, as many of the information gets picked up, just not thoroughly, sometimes not even by the concious side.

But it's definitely more than '30 fps'.

The human eye sees unlimited frames per second because it doesn't work that way.

Send him this.

Some say the human eye can't see above 30fps. See for yourself.

These are not Gifs. They are MP4 videos. Both TRUE 30 & 60 fps.

If the videos are off sync simply reload the page by pressing (F5) after the videos have loaded

> Stare at the left 30fps clip for a a few loops then look at the 60fps clip on the right. <

http://30vs60.com/

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Even at 144 hz I feel like we can push it further for smoothness, and your friend is wrong.

Hardware: 4790k @ 4.6 GHz w/ H100i - MSI GTX 970 - Define R5 - MSI Z97 PC Mate - 840 EVO - G.Skill 2x4 GB

Peripherals: G402 - ATH-AD700x - Asus VG248QE 144 hz