Need a better access point!

onionring

Hi, I m running into a few rare but very annoying issues with my current network setup.

First ill describe my setup:

My main router is a DLINK dgl 4500. It handles all the trafic and qos. The wireless on it is at OFF because this router has a tendency to crash ever week if you use it s wireless but it is rock stable with it at off.

connected to that is a Cisco Valent m10 and a powerline adapter. At the end of the powerline is a wrt54g configured as an acces point.

The cisco valet serves both as an acces point and a switch where another cisco valet is plugged  (and all wired clients), again configured as another acces point.

I have about 3 wired devices connected with 12 more wireless clients (laptops, tvs, printer, cell phones).

I configured the gamerloundge router to have it s dhcp range starting at 192.168.0.10 (in gateway mode) and all access point have fixed ip with dhcp disabled.

My main problem comes from the cisco valet, they have a tendency to lock up every month or two for no apparent reason requiring a full reset of the config. (wrt54g has never caused me any issues)

The second problem is that the cisco valent m10 is only a 10/100 router and  I want gigabit throughout.

So do you guys have any idea on a good, stable access point I could buy that is reasonably priced (since I ll buy 2)

My budget is about 40$ (cad) each

I want wireless N 300 minimum

gigabit wired connection

Doesn t require reconfigure every few months

OR...

Idk if you guys know a router that could handle all the network without needing access points.

(as stated my dgl 4500 has some issues and if I can find a new router that can handle )

The area I have to cover for wireless is about a circle of 40 feet radius over 2 floors with relatively low interferences (the wrt54g handle the exterior, don t plan to replace that)

Budget for that would be about 120$.

I got an old useless acer aspire one netbook with atom cpu, I could use pfsense on it but I would need a usb 10/100 ethernet link (to internet) and use the standard gigabit nic for network. but idk if that would be stable enough and I would still need access points.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

sooo... any one got an idea for a better access point?

(n450 gigabit less than 50$ if possoble)

or n450 gigabit with awsome range at 100$

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

look for ASUSes high end routers, they are very powerfull devices and will handle all the traffic, if you like, you could also use dd-wrt, or simply try installing dd-wrt on your main router and see if that solves the problems

i know the wrt54g support dd wrt (was kinda made for it if you look at the name)

but it has only 10/100 ports...

i guess ill go with 2 wd n750 one as router and the 2nd as an access point.

or

I could also go for the rt n66u but it s more exprnsive... It dose feature vpn tho...