Why UK Internet Sucks

louisoft01

4147204851.png

This is what my friend is living with at the minute, I think it's even slower than @Darkman 's internet :/

It's weird, I get 24/6 just 2-3 miles away

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

Lol your stuck on BT, virginmedia ftw!

I'm on virgin media and though I do get decent speeds (about 25 megabits down and 2 or 3 up) the internet constantly throttles or just completely cuts out during peek times, it's extremely annoying!

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

So basically, these threads are made everyday. Everybody whines or brags about their internet speed and repeats the same process on the next thread?

To the ones that have less than 25mbps, I feel bad for you son (genuinely). If I had the momentary power to give the whole world 100 mbps up/down. I would, that way we can all surf the net at speed and finally have world peace.

To the ones bragging with their 50> mbps, cool mate. I salute your ability to download massive loads of pr0n at lightning speed. Personally, I feel 50 mbps is enough unless you don't have to pay through the ass for 50>. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I'm having a bad day here. Grade B+ only. :D

4147190547.png

It's a grade B because of the upload speed not performing at a high level unlike the download speed.

4147204851.png

This is what my friend is living with at the minute, I think it's even slower than @Darkman 's internet :/

It's weird, I get 24/6 just 2-3 miles away

There must be something wrong with the wiring or something to get that slow speeds> definitely something wrong if they get 277ms ping

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

This has turned into a speed test show off, there is already a thread for this.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/414-whats-your-internet-speedtest/

Azure Fists - "Grown men playing with each other since 2009"

Spoiler
Spoiler

CPU : Intel® Core™ i5-4590T, OS : Windows 10 64bit + Custom Alienware Console Interface, GPU : NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 860M 2GB GDDR5, RAM : 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz, SSD : Kingston V300 240GB, WIFI : Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 2x2 + Bluetooth 4.0, CASE : Alienware Alpha, PSU : External Power Brick, MOBO : Custom Dell Motherboard.

Spoiler

CPU : i5 6600, Mobo : Asus Z97i-Plus, RAM : 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Vengeance LED, GPU : Gigabyte G1 GTX 1080, Case : Silverstone RVZ02, Storage : SanDisk 1TB M.2, PSU : Silverstone Strider SST-SX700-LG, Display(s) : AOC Q2963PM 29" IPS Ultra Wide 21:9, Fans : Noctua NH-L9i with Be Quiet Pure Wings 2, Keyboard : Razer Blackwidow Stealth 2015, Mouse : Razer Naga 2015, Sound : LG Wireless Soundbar /Razer Kraken Pro, OS : Windows 10

Mph just don't get me started with internet where I live...

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

4147236267.png

LOL, mines rated for 36 down 8 up. 

GET REKT

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

It's a grade B because of the upload speed not performing at a high level unlike the download speed.

There must be something wrong with the wiring or something to get that slow speeds> definitely something wrong if they get 277ms ping

I'm fine with that equation. :) .. and the other guy will get back to you in an hour or so, once his screen refreshes. :D

To the ones bragging with their 50> mbps, cool mate. I salute your ability to download massive loads of pr0n at lightning speed. Personally, I feel 50 mbps is enough unless you don't have to pay through the ass for 50>. 

I'm guessing you mean 50<, or >50. 50> is not much to brag about :P

Oh come on now man. Don't be like that you slow assed pussy Hahaahahaaaaaaaaaaa!!1! :D

Pay with your ass. Not through it. That's allowed in Holland right?

I'm guessing you mean 50<, or >50. 50> is not much to brag about :P

I learned maths with 50 > i.e. bigger than 50 and < 50 i.e. smaller than 50. But yes, to clear up the confusion I mean >50. :P

I learned maths with 50 > i.e. bigger than 50 and < 50 i.e. smaller than 50. But yes, to clear up the confusion I mean >50. :P

The point should be towards the number that is smaller, so either

x < 50

50 > x

Mean the same thing.

Uk internet doesn't suck, it depends where you live and what provider you are with.

I have bt infinity and on good days get around 150 down and 80 up with 2 ping, worse it gets is around 70 down and 30 up with about 12 ping 

I get the same, there are even times where I think to myself, for the slightest second, that maybe, just maybe my internet is too fast................. :wacko:

But then I come to my senses and realise that's just crazy talk  :D

And while we're on the subject, this topic marks the first time I've seen people say they get poor speeds with BT, even before I upgraded my download and upload speeds were decent.

Oh come on now man. Don't be like that you slow assed pussy Hahaahahaaaaaaaaaaa!!1! :D

Pay with your ass. Not through it. That's allowed in Holland right?

Hahahaha, my morals withhold me from paying with my ass but it is possible indeed. I have yet to convince my roommates that we need 100mbps but if it becomes cheaper we'll upgrade.

Hahahaha, my morals withhold me from paying with my ass but it is possible indeed. I have yet to convince my roommate that he need 100mbps but if it because cheaper we'll upgrade.

Let's face it, the only real difference is the bill. :P I'm glad that you have a good sense of humour. I love the Netherlands and Dutch people. I go there often. :)

Every country is bad if you're in a bad location. Every country is good if you're in a good location. Go figure.

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

Speedtest.png

Why do I feel like the bad guy here  :P

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

LAUGHING MY F-ING ASS OFF

BT has 25mbps in areas like yours

BT has 75mbps if you're in a fiber area

Virgin Media has upto 156mbps

Virgin Media and Sky supplies cable

Oh and yes, this is correct UK data.

You haven't done much research, have you?

LAUGHING MY F-ING ASS OFF

BT has Internet up to 25 in areas like you

BT has upto 75 mbps

Virgin Media has upto 156mbps

Virgin Media and Sky supplies cable.

Keyword being 'up to'

Keyword being 'up to'

yeah? You want to pay out the ass for 75mbps or do you want to select your speed?

By upto thats the most you're going to get and you will be able to get it. 

yeah? You want to pay out the ass for 75mbps or do you want to select your speed?

By upto thats the most you're going to get and you will be able to get it.

It's marketing bullcrap lol.

Let's face it, the only real difference is the bill. :P I'm glad that you have a good sense of humour. I love the Netherlands and Dutch people. I go there often. :)

Awesome! I have yet to go to the UK but it's happening soon. I applied for my universities study abroad program at the University of Hertfordshire. Should be great fun! :D

Cheers mate. :)