Help me choose Between R9 290X Tri-X (OC) or R9 290X Lightning

So yea... as the title says, should I opt for the Sapphire R9 290X (or Tri-X OC) or should I opt for the MSI R9 290X Lighting...

Thanks in Advance :D

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

The lightning wipes the floor with it, it's not a contest, it's better in everyway except for the form factor IMO.

I'd recommend the Lightning 100%

It has a better & quieter cooler, better VRM, it's a binned chip.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Vapor-X Tri-X if you can get it. Otherwise the MSI.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Can I make you a question fella? Do you have a desktop PC already? :P

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

+1

Can I make you a question fella? Do you have a desktop PC already? :P

No... I'm still choosing my parts.... IT's A FUCKING HEADACHE

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Budget and store please.

The lightning wipes the floor with it, it's not a contest, it's better in everyway except for the form factor IMO.

It has a better & quieter cooler, better VRM, it's a binned chip.

agree on this. The lightning is the top of the line with the Vapor-X.

Vapor-X?

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

Budget and store please.

moddingworld.pt max 500€ for the card...

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Just wait a bit until the next AMD gen is released...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Lightning. If you're going to buy a high end card go for the best. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Most, if not all of the recently produced 290X Lightnings are the Lite edition, which don't have a binned chip like the original had. But the PCB, components and cooler are identical.

I would still pick it over other brands/models though. If you're really lucky the seller might give you an old stock that has a binned chip (but don't tell the seller hehehe) You'd be hard pressed to find binned 290X chips these days.

cf6b2d44_lightningLE.png

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/309883-wow-amd-im-impressed/<---- This guy....

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

moddingworld.pt max 500€ for the card...

For the whole PC please.

For the whole PC please.

2000€

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

2000€

For gaming only? Do you need any peripherals?

For gaming only? Do you need any peripherals?

For gaming, and maybe recording and rendering videos

EDIT: 2000€ PC, 2300€ with OS, Monitor, and Keyboard....

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

I've seen benchmarks and youtube videos that show two MSI lightning 290x's beating 2 980s in SLI at 4k, despite the price of the 290x lightning being a little more than half the price of a 980.

Of course you would also have to factor in the price of a more powerful PSU to handle two lightnings, and you would pay a little more in your electric bill, but when you compare the price of 2 290x  lightnings to 2 980s you are looking at nearly 600 dollars in the US with current prices. The extra cost of a couple hundred watt more powerful PSU and increased electric bill would probably come to 100 dollars, so youd still have enough money left over to get a 4k monitor with the money youd save.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB